Middle Earth Jigsaw Puzzle

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Middle Earth Jigsaw Puzzle

Postby Notta Hobbit » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:02 am

Does anybody else remember this? It had a bare-bones map of Middle Earth with renditions of Smaug, some Nazgul, and Mount Doom exploding, among other things. There's actually one for sale now on E-bay but it has pieces missing. I used to have one back in the late 70's or 80's and would like to have it again if I could find a complete one for not too much money.
Notta Hobbit
Citizen of Imladris

Re: Middle Earth Jigsaw Puzzle

Postby Elmtree » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:51 pm

I don't recall it at all. I Wonder if there are any pictures of it posted on the net somewhere.
Elmtree
Not all those who wander aren't lost

Postby Notta Hobbit » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:43 pm

This is the one (hope the link works).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-J-R-R-Tolkien ... 20cde05b45

I'm not paying $50 for it, especially with 5 pieces missing. I suppose in the grand scheme of things it's not that amazing, but I liked it at the time.
Notta Hobbit
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Elmtree » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:40 pm

I recognize that! Those are the covers of all three books from the 1960s. I still have one of them around here. They are the first editions I read back in 1969. I never knew (or I don't remember) that they were made into a puzzle.
Elmtree
Not all those who wander aren't lost

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting