Collectors Quest "Hobbit" Coverage

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Collectors Quest "Hobbit" Coverage

Postby AlexRice » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:14 am

Hey everyone, first time poster, long time lurker. I write about entertainment collecting for Collectors Quest (you may have seen our commercials on the History Channel) and recently posted two Tolkien articles in celebration of "The Hobbit." The first is about some of the highest-selling Tolkien items, while the second rounds up some of my favorite memorabilia from the animated trilogy era. Check them out if you'd like!

Highest-selling Tolkien memorabilia: http://www.collectorsquest.com/blog/2013/01/03/five-j-r-r-tolkien-collectibles/

Animated trilogy collectibles: http://www.collectorsquest.com/blog/2013/01/12/there-and-back-again-the-cool-collectibles-inspired-by-the-animated-lord-of-the-rings-trilogy/
AlexRice
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Collectors Quest "Hobbit" Coverage

Postby Elmtree » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 pm

"you'll need all of Smaug's treasure to buy this one" lol. Seems like! Great article, thanks for sharing it. Wow... I'd love to have some of that stuff, and not because it's worth so much money. It's just cool stuff. I wish I'd saved some of my early LOTR books, posters, etc (going back to 1969 when I first read the books).
Elmtree
Not all those who wander aren't lost

Re: Collectors Quest "Hobbit" Coverage

Postby Nessa » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:00 am

That's interesting. But very, very expensive indeed :shock:
Nessa
Petitioner to the Council

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting