Was this a good find?

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Was this a good find?

Postby Tsalagi_Phoenix » Thu May 08, 2014 11:30 pm

I hope this is the right section for this. On Wednesday I went to a library book sale and found three Tolkien calendars. I only bought one because the other two were falling apart, but the one I got is still in pretty good condition. It's from 1976 and has no markings on the inside. I don't know much about Lord of the Rings merchandise, what is rare and what's not. I was wondering if this calendar was a good find?

Here are some pictures:

Tsalagi_Phoenix
Citizen of Imladris

Re: Was this a good find?

Postby Elmtree » Sun May 18, 2014 6:41 am

I don't know if it's a good find as far as value, but I do remember having that one!
Elmtree
Not all those who wander aren't lost

Postby siddharth » Mon May 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Well, calendars are not really that rare. But the art is definitely beautiful! So I would say it is a good find!

And this year, they are publishing Tolkien calendar with artwork of Mary Fairchild. Someone whose art Tolkien liked but it was never published! :(
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Tsalagi_Phoenix » Tue May 20, 2014 1:12 am

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know if it was rare or not. It was only $1 and I figured I'd buy it. I really like the art in it. It is beautiful.
Tsalagi_Phoenix
Citizen of Imladris

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting