Please price up my collection - nothing for sale

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Please price up my collection - nothing for sale

Postby LOTR collector » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Hi all,

I've now learnt that nothing can be sold on this website and am planning to completely respect that rule.

Please could you estimate the value of this entire collection. The boxes have been opened but everything is in good condition. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to debate the value or merits of the items and no offence will be taken.

Have a great day.

1. Gandalf from Tudor Mint "Lord of the Rings" Figurine Collection - Series Two (slight flaking on his hat)

2. The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy, special extended DVD edition

3. The Lord of the Rings The fellowship of the Ring Special Extended DVD edition Collector's DVD gift set including two large Aragorn figurines (unopened).

4. The Lord of the Rings The two towers collector's DVD gift set including Gollum Collectible

5. The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King collector's DVD gift set including Howard Shore DVD - Creating the Lord of the Rings Symphony - Journey through Middle-earth including Return of the King figurine.
LOTR collector
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Please price up my collection - nothing for sale

Postby heliona » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:38 pm

I'm afraid I'm not much good at valuing things, but I just thought I'd comment on this:
LOTR collector wrote:3. The Lord of the Rings The fellowship of the Ring Special Extended DVD edition Collector's DVD gift set including two large Aragorn figurines (unopened).

I assume you mean these figurines. They are actually bookends and are the Argonath, who represent Isildur and Anárion, who were Aragorn's ancestors. They (the Argonath) mark the northern border of Gondor. (Although, as these are from the films, technically they are Isildur and Elendil (the one with the sword), because Anárion was wiped from the films.)
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting