Looking to start LOTR's sword collection - where to buy?

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Looking to start LOTR's sword collection - where to buy?

Postby Aniteverafter » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:33 pm

Hello everyone!

I am looking to start a LOTR's sword collection but I want to make smart purchases (the closet thing to the originals that I can find.)
I've seen a lot of swords online and at cons, and the truth is some are of less quality than others.

Any thoughts on this?
Have any of you heard of places NOT to shop?

I know many swords are expensive but I wish to collect them over time. Even if some are $200 that is fine. Quality and authenticity is my main concern because many swords can be pricy but are made very poorly.

Side note: I live in Canada, so I need websites that ship to there.

Thanks in advance :)
- Anit
Aniteverafter
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Looking to start LOTR's sword collection - where to buy?

Postby Lalaith-Elerrina » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:54 pm

This may not be helpful, and you may have already looked here, but have you tried The Noble Collection? (noblecollection (dot) com) I don't buy much, but I've gotten a couple of things from them, some pendants and things, and the quality seems pretty good.
Lalaith-Elerrina
Ringbearer

Postby Laurelin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:33 am

I think the United Cutlery produces high qualitative swords. I have Andúril and it's beautiful.. :)
You can get them nearly everywhere, for example on ebay or Unitedcutlery.com
Laurelin

Postby k.b.ok » Thu May 07, 2015 7:29 am

Hi! You're looking to buy LOTR swords? I'm also interested in finding these. I live in London Ontario. I want to start a photography blog of LOTR style photography. I sometimes go larping with organizations in Ontari, like http://shadowrealms.info/ in Whitby, and they have lots of different costume items and I have some friends who own some LOTR replicas too.They're very expensive in general but this is definitely my passion. If you learn of anywhere to get these items let me know - OR if you're interesting is maybe using them in photography or anything let me know! I'm also interesting in renting items if anyone has any special items or knows where I could do that. Also if anyone knows any good websites for photographers too start on that would be a huge help. I'm looking at this website: http://www.1and1.com/website-builder a friend of mine uses it but maybe it's not right for my purposes. I just want something that will protect images from duplication, but also make them available to the public. If anyone knows about this too that'd be a huge help.
k.b.ok

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting