Franklin Mint Signed 22" Dolls

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Postby mclordstephen » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:52 pm

Does anyone know how many signed Greg Hildebrandt dolls were issued. And does anyone have The Eowyn,Arwen,or Galadriel dolls for sale signed or not? I have done google searches and aution searches but I can't seem to find any thing. I know there was only 1 Limited signed Gandalf left when I purchased mine. If you have any information or the 22" dolls for sale contact me at (mclordstephen@netscape.net) Thanks
mclordstephen
Petitioner to the Council

Postby jeanelf » Sat Mar 15, 2003 3:26 pm

The Galadriel doll comes up fairly often on e-bay, at least once every other month or two in my experience; there was just one last week or the week before. In three years I've never seen any Eowyns and only one or two Arwens. You might also check with Rene at Tolkienshop.com.<BR><BR>If you really want to see something absolutely gorgeous along this same line (dolls), go here:<BR><BR><a target=new href="http://www.elbenwald.de/?page_name=Filmkunstpuppen">http://www.elbenwald.de/?page_name=Filmkunstpuppen</a>.<BR><BR>I searched high and low and got someone in Germany to send me these two dolls. They're absolutely gorgeous. According to the dollmaker, they are coming out with all members of the fellowship, plus Galadriel and maybe others. As all things on Elbenwald, they only ship to Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
jeanelf
Ranger of the North

Postby dswelshmum » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:47 pm

I currently have a Lady Eowyn Doll, made by the Hilderbrant Brothers for the Franklin Mint in the late 80s. She is in mint condition, and in a protective case. She is for sale for $500.
dswelshmum

Postby roro5050 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:03 pm

:lol: I know someone who may be interested in selling a Queen Galadriel doll and a Arwen Evenstar doll. How much are you willing to pay for them. Thye are in cases and in very good condition
roro5050

Postby tenia » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi folks - I have all 4 of these collectible dolls and I am considering selling them.

They have been an absolute joy to own, but a flock of grandchildren are on the way and I don't want to stuff them away in their boxes until the munchkins outgrow the stage where they want to touch everything!

I have the original packing materials for them all except for Gandalf. His box was was ruined when the washing machine flooded the garage. I believe I also have the original marketing materials that the Franklin Mint sent with the dolls, but I may not have the materials for all of the dolls.

All have been on display in my home under glass and are in fine condition. (no blemishes, no tears, etc.)

If you have a serious interest in purchasing them please feel free to contact me.
tenia

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting