Anke Eissmann

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:16 am

Leave it to Pelargir to mess things up. :roll:

Khor: since Eowyn's likely to get a letter out early this week, how about we start writing the reunion after it gets sent back? Unless you don't have Faramir's escape plan figured out yet.
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby Khorazir » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:21 am

That's fine with me. I've got the escape roughly figured out, and I'm sure inspiration is going to strike one of these days (perhaps while I'm on the bike -- cycling tends to be really good for attracting inspiration ;) ). So yeah, just tell me when we can get started.

Concerning the story, do you want Faramir to return the very day Éowyn receives the letter back (perhaps a few hours later)? That would be a merciful thing to do. Actually, the sooner we let him get to Ithilien, the more realistic, because otherwise some kind of message about his situation and whereabouts will reach DA before him.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:25 am

Cycling also tends to get you rained-on. :P;)

How about Eowyn receives the letter the evening before and Faramir shows up the next day around mid-morning? If we do it like this, are we dropping the Midsummer-return date for a few days earlier, because how long would Aiglos search before giving up?
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby Khorazir » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:32 am

Lady_of_Rohan wrote:Cycling also tends to get you rained-on. :P;)

Haha, not today :D Today there was wonderful sunshine and high temperatures. I faced one of the hills I have not cycled up for many many years due to a traumatic experience some time ago (when it totally defeated me). Today there was another biker going up, and to overtake him I more or less sprinted the entire distance. Didn't quite reach him before the top, but this way I went up the dreaded hill in record time. The only drawback of today's expedition were the many mosquitos in the forest. I'm itching all over now.

How about Eowyn receives the letter the evening before and Faramir shows up the next day around mid-morning?

That's cool :) But it's going to be a tough night for her. Well, and for him, because he will have to spend it on horseback.

If we do it like this, are we dropping the Midsummer-return date for a few days earlier, because how long would Aiglos search before giving up?

Perhaps he sees that Faramir is incapable of replying ... If Faramir returns a few days before midsummer, they can hold a big feast at that date because the initial excitement of the reunion will be over and they can concentrate on their guests.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:54 am

Given the physical stress to which Faramir has been subjected less than a month since he nearly died (and had a prolonged fever), I would think that while he might (being Faramir) be able to push himself to ride all night to reach Ithilien, he would need to rest for at least a day or two afterward. But the big feast is a great idea.

How would Aiglos, being a bird, know not to land if Faramir's incapable of replying - I thought that Aiglos would only land if he had physical access to Faramir, i.e. an open window or whatnot.

RAKSHA 8) , soooooooo looking forward to more!
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:57 am

Congratulations on conquering the hill! :) You'll be ready for the Tour in no time. :D

Ok, so does this mean Faramir'll be back on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? Since the return's getting bumped up, that means the escape should be soon enough that he can make the cross-country journey and still arrive in time to say, "Hey honey, let's have a big feast."

Looks like I'll be writing a letter this evening...
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby Khorazir » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:05 am

Well, actually a friend of mine and I wanted to travel to Alpe d'Huez this year and attempt to cycle up there. But we cancelled it because ... well ... not enough training ;) But next year!

Let's make it Friday, eh? ;)

Oh yes, Faramir is going to need some days of rest before he can ride to DA, and he's going to get them. Most of the journey he is going to spend onboard a ship, where he can recover.

I thought that perhaps he'd see Aiglos arrive, but there's no way for him to get at the message. Or Aiglos gets attacked and chased away ... :twisted:
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:25 am

Faramir's going to be so frustrated by not being able to see and answer Eowyn's letter. Just don't let AJ get hold of it either!

Khor, your bicycling exploits are awesome!

RAKSHA THE DEMON :twisted:
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:21 pm

Ackkk, Friday.... okay, can do that.

I kinda like the idea of AJ getting ahold of the letter and coming to the sudden realization of what's happened these past four months. The image I have of his look of puzzlement shifting to realization then rage is priceless.

Don't know what keeps him from slaughtering Faramir on the spot, though.
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:27 pm

Well, AJ's expression would be priceless! But if you ever plan to have Faramir held captive again, no one will allow him a room with a window if word of his buzzard-mail system gets out, as it probably would...

What would keep AJ from slaughtering Faramir on the spot? Hmm, maybe the sudden appearance of the Dol Amroth-Gondor fleet, or at least several ships manned with elven bowmen and some Rangers, with the sun shining off the upraised blade of Anduril?

Doesn't Aragorn have a spy among AJ's men? Maybe that spy could help Faramir...

Don't forget to mention somewhere what happened to Zinizigur and her remaining apprentice(s). I think Faramir and Azzy would both be concerned for her well-being.

And I hope Aragorn's brought some athelas (which I assume is helpful in more mundane wounds and illnesses besides the Black Breath)...

RAKSHA 8) , impatient for the last letter and the RP finale!
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Khorazir » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:35 am

I thought about letting AJ get hold of the letter, but decided against it. It's better if Éowyn receives it back.

I'm sure Aragorn is well prepared for having to deal with Faramir's injuries and his general state of health. ;)

As for Zini & Co, I'm not sure what happened to them, but I don't think people have to worry about their wellfare. They'll get by.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:26 pm

I'm sure that Zini & co. would get by. The thing is, would Faramir be sure? Don't forget, he owes Zini his life twice over - she not only brought him back from the brink of death to relatively good health, but she kept AJ from almost certainly killing Faramir by dosing him with the poison again. Wouldn't Faramir at least ask Aragorn or Imrahil to send a ship to get her off BG and take her where she wants to go? You wouldn't have devote more than a line or two - Faramir, after he's been saved and had a day or two to rest, could ask about Zini, and Aragorn could tell him that he'd already sent a boat for her, or he'd received word from Naeramarth that Zini had returned to the desert (via the supply boat that came to BG in AJ's absence), or however you want to handle it. But I just can't see Faramir forgetting about her, or not wanting to know that she had survived and was on her way to her home.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Khorazir, how's your mother faring these days?

RAKSHA THE DEMON 8)
Last edited by RakshaTheDemon on Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Khorazir » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:54 pm

You're right, he'd at least inquire after her, and see to it that something is done for her. And who knows, maybe they meet again one day. Oh, and AJ and Zini will most definitely meet again. :twisted:

My mother is getting better daily. By now she can slightly move her right leg as well, and, with the help of two people holding her she can stand on both legs, and even walk slowly. We hope that soon she will be so mobile as to walk with a walking aid.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:01 am

I'm glad your mother's doing better, Khor! Is she getting decent food at the rehab place?

AJ and Zini will meet again? Sounds like fun, but not for AJ! Warning for stupid over-confident Corsairs - never mistreat a healer knowledgeable of poisons.

I guess we can't give AJ to Pharzi (when she's grown) to play with. We wouldn't want her to become a man-eater, and besides, eating AJ might give her indigestion...

RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Khorazir » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:33 am

Ah no, Pharzi mustn't eat AJ. He's a case for the oliphaunts ;)

Last letter is up (21.06.11).
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:57 am

Sob-sob. Poor Eowyn. She's got a bad feeling and she's gonna be scared even worse when that letter comes back unread.

Why do I have the feeling that AJ might punish Faramir with something more unpleasant than sending him to his room with no supper?

And HOW LONG will I have to wait for the RP, and news of our hero, to begin???????!!!!!

RAKSHA THE Impatient DEMON :evil:
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Khorazir » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:24 am

The rp is going to start on Friday, and I even managed to do some writing yesterday evening ;)

And you're right, AJ wasn't nice to his guest/prisoner.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:40 pm

It's Friday! How is the rp coming; and where can I find it?

Sorry to be pushy, but you can't leave me and Faramir hanging in limbo like this.

:twisted: RAKSHA THE Impatient DEMON :evil:
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:39 pm

RP is over 5000 words long now. ;)

And Raksha, I think you're better off not knowing how the RP's going, because it's pure torture waiting for the next parts of Faramirs escape-story to be told. :shock:

The board we're writing on isn't open yet, but it should go live in 10 days or so. Or maybe Khorazir could PDF what we've written so far.
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:54 pm

No, no, no - I can't wait 10 days. The anguish of not knowing anything - how would I cope? This story is better than any soap opera, but even soap operas update, though they can string a plot along for years...

I already expect that Faramir is not having a good time as a 'guest' on AJ's sea cruise! I would think that Evil AJ is enjoying making plans for when he can safely kill Faramir, devising ways to do so, and telling Faramir about them in detail...

Who are you and Khor writing, other than Faramir and Eowyn? Are you including Imrahil or Aragorn too?

Khorazir, if you have the time, could you please pdf the RP and send it my way periodically - beginning ASAP - or post it on your site?

RAKSHA THE DEMON :evil: , wanting her Faramir soap opera-adventure!(and envisioning Zinizigur atop an Oliphaunt, directing the beast to hunt down AJ - who's running for his life - and stomp him!)
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Khorazir » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:59 am

I'm going to pdf the first four posts presently, and hope to get another one written over the course of the day.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby Khorazir » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:40 am

Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:38 am

Yay! I read the PDF! As good as the letters, if not better! Poor Faramir, injured and tired and hungry/thirsty, only to be dragged on deck to see his dear friend Falastur as the negotiator - hah! But the cavalry's here! Imrahil and Aragorn have arrived and AJ is gonna lose his "guest" - hope you write it soon!

And poor Eowyn, she's going through hell too.

RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Khorazir » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:39 pm

Yes, poor Éowyn. The thing with the shirt and the exchange with Elboron were so touching.

I've just updated the pdf. Got carried away a little, I think, because what's happening now wasn't planned :)
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:49 pm

And little Elboron calling Khorazir "Dadi" - that was heartbreaking...Did Eomer leave the day before this began? Bummer. But the man does have a kingdom of his own to run.

You and Faramir both got a bit carried away - Faramir, what ARE you thinking! Faramir can't possibly win, all he'll do is get himself wounded or killed. Unless he's so desperate that he's going to jump back in the water and try to use the scimitar against the sharks.

AJ was just about at his nastiest, taunting Faramir when Faramir was bound and helpless. The plan to hold Faramir captive indefinitely was just awful, what a terrible thing to do to Faramir and Eowyn - though I think eventually Faramir would have been found and freed, maybe years later, and his health would be even worse.

More soon, Please!

RAKSHA THE DEMON
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Khorazir » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:03 am

You're right, Faramir can't possibly win the fight. But I reckoned he'd be really desperate, and also looking for a possibility to get his hands free, and moreover to try and cause a distraction that might slow the ship.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:13 am

But what good will it do for Faramir to slow the ship down with a diversion if AJ kills him as the frigate catches up?

Of course, I'm not sure even AJ is dumb enough to kill his insurance policy, but he could hurt him.

How is Faramir causing a diversion? Will the pilot and other hands on AJ's ship abandon their duties to watch the duel?

I feel like young Dirhael - I wanna hear more, now!

RAKSHA THE DEMON :lol:
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:41 am

[Legolas moment] A diversion! [/Legolas moment]
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby Khorazir » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:54 am

:D

Apparently Faramir is hoping that the captain or some of the crew will be more interested in how AJ's faring in the duel than seeing to the ship, but I doubt his hopes will come true. The pursuing ship should be motivation enough to keep their minds on the job.

I hope to get some more written tonight, otherwise I'll only update the pdf with LoR's post.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby Khorazir » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:27 pm

Pdf has been updated.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting