Anke Eissmann

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:35 pm

Khorazir wrote:Pdf has been updated.

But when I go there, it's still at 12 pages ending with AJ attacking poor slow Faramir. Whine-whine-whine. Maybe the pdf has a dislocated shoulder too, and is slow to load?

RAKSHA THE DEMON, wondering how Faramir will survive the next few minutes
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:53 pm

Sigh. I still don't see anything new in the pdf; it only goes to 12 pages, where it left off, AJ on the offensive.

I can only hope that AJ will satisfy himself with bloodying Faramir some more without doing any real damage. I personally think AJ's a pervy Faramir-fancier and just wants to keep his "prize" and won't kill him; also he's a coward - when he nearly killed Faramir by withholding the poison, he didn't have to stand there and personally watch Faramir die or make him die with his own hands.

Hmm, maybe AJ will subdue Faramir and then throw him overboard, figuring that will slow down the frigate. Hopefully the sharks aren't too hungry and Faramir won't have been nicked or wounded...

RAKSHA THE DEMON :roll:
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:09 pm

You're not too far off the mark, Raksha, with your last comment.

Faramir's new name is now "Sharkbait." :twisted:

And now I have to come up with an idea for a scene... *sigh*
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:14 pm

LoR, did Khorazir actually put something new in the pdf - WHY can't I get there? Can you get there? Is my machine cursed by Morgoth?

Faramir "Sharkbait" - Arrrgghhhhhhhhh! Well, at least he seems to have all his limbs intact as he's riding through Ithilien with the Merry Men-er-Rangers.

RAKSHA THE Frustrated DEMON :evil:
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:06 pm

Finally! The new pages in the pdf came up! I guess it just takes several hours for my machine to bring the new material up...

What, is Faramir crazy? I would guess that he's hoping that if Elessar's bowmen can hit AJ, they can also hit the sharks who will come after Faramir. But what about the sharks that attack from underneath? :cry2: Gulp. Especially with Faramir bleeding from minor wounds. Faramir had better tread water as gracefully as possible until the frigate gets to him. If he tries to swim, he'll look like a crippled fishy - just what sharks go for...

Maybe you can post how Eowyn's breakfast goes - I'd like to see breakfast with Turin and Eomer and Azrahil & co...If Eowyn read parts of Faramir's letters, where he tells how he liberated Azzy and sent him to Gondor, Eomer at least will be nicer to Azrahil and direct his Rohirrim to do likewise. And you can't have innocent Southron merchants being harrassed on the roads...

More soon, I hope.

RAKSHA THE DEMON :twisted:

Looking forward to more!
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:06 pm

I think your machine must be cursed, because the PDF's up to 16 pages now.

*wanders off humming "We're men, we're men in tights..."*
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:15 pm

Raksha, check this out

:D:D
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:38 pm

Thanx, LoR! Should I direct my comments there or here? Or can I not reply there, being not a member?

It looks very spiffy there.

I think Faramir is going to be very relieved to get onto that frigate, among friends once more. I hope Imrahil and Aragorn give him (careful) hugs and TLC, he really needs some pampering (and will need more after that dislocated arm has been reset, which will hurt). And some good hot food, as well as fresh water or wine.

I personally volunteer to bring Faramir some chicken soup.

RAKSHA THE DEMON, envisioning AJ's ship turning tail and running like a bat outa hell :twisted: ....
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:58 pm

I'm pretty sure you can register and comment now.

I must admit, I wouldn't want to be Faramir when it comes to putting that shoulder back in place. It's been dislocated what, about two and a half days by now? Not going to be fun. :(
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:24 pm

But would you and Khor prefer me to comment there or here? It doesn't make much of a difference to me...unless I end up finding it difficult to post there.

LoR, where do you live - Europe or the other side of the pond?

Ouchie :cry2: for poor dear Faramir - maybe they'll give him a drink first. He could use it, I'm sure.

RAKSHA 8)
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:39 pm

I don't have any preference, so I guess wait to see if Khor does.

I'm on the other side of the pond, where it's only 10:40pm as I write this. :D

Oooh, Faramir with a lot of alcohol in him; this is something I have yet to see... :twisted:
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:50 pm

I thought Europe and England were five hours ahead of the U.S. Here in Northeastern U.S., it's 11:45 pm...

I registered for Board77 and was confirmed; but when I tried to login it said my info was wrong. Sigh. I'll try again later.

I've seen Faramir-under-the-influence written very well. In one case, a long, ongoing (she's wrapping it up in a chapter or two) fic by a friend of mine has 20-year-old Faramir loopy after being dosed with "poppy juice" for the pain of an infected wound - Faramir is sweet and rather unguarded verbally, though not completely off the wall.

I'm not sure Aragorn would give Faramir enough booze to get him drunk; on an empty stomach, that could be quite unpleasant for Faramir, not to mention he's dehydrated and needs water too...Maybe just enough Dorwinion or whatever to numb the pain somewhat. I think they need to give him some nice, poison-free water and broth (for the sodium) first, though. But I'm no doctor...

RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Lady_of_Rohan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:06 pm

I'm in Indiana, and we don't do Daylight Saving (well... next year we will, but that's another story), so I've had to juggle time zones a lot. I think right now Germany is 7 hours ahead of Indiana time, England is... I want to say 6, but I'm not sure.

If all else fails, I go to timeanddate.com

Hmm, a loopy Faramir. That could be very interesting! :D

So, Khorazir, who's going to jump off the frigate to rescue Faramir?
Lady_of_Rohan
Ringbearer

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:29 pm

My friend's fic is BY THE LIGHT OF EARENDIL'S STAR, and it's an excellent bookverse Faramir/Boromir yarn.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1825529/1/

Her name is Lady Branwyn. The story's also on SoA (StoriesofArda.com) under Branwyn. It's not the usual story; there's very real and gritty combat, the Orcs are vividly described (some nastiness is strongly implied). There are two OMC's who don't hijack the story but are absolutely wonderfully written. Denethor is also excellently written - not as an abusive father, but one with some blind spots and "issues" that will eventually lead to his tragedy in ROTK.

I've been to Indiana - once or twice; unfortunately not for very long...I live in the NorthEast...

Who's gonna jump in and save Faramir (I know you didn't ask me, but I'll speculate anyway)? Well, Aragorn's gonna want to; but hopefully Imrahil will order seven brawny sailors to restrain him. Or Aragorn could jump in with several others, including Legolas and Gimli, with knives ready, so the other guys could deal with the sharks while Aragorn (hopefully with a very long rope tied round his waist) grabs Faramir (and they're both reeled in).

RAKSHA THE DEMON, awaiting the rescue of our favorite Sharkbait (which I shouldn't really joke about, what with that poor kid in Florida being killed by one)

RAKSHA THE DEMON
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Khorazir » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:07 am

Very interesting conversation going on here. Cool that you managed to register, Raksha :). There's an aside-thread there were we can shift the conversation to: http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1335&mforum=board77. This is, after all, the art-forum ;)
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby GoldSeven » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:51 am

Talking of which... shall we tease a little with the sketch or leave them all hanging and post the finished pic(s) when they're done? :D

Haven't worked on it over the weekend, but Wednesday is big drawing day. :)
GoldSeven
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Khorazir » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:55 am

We could post the links to the sketches here. I managed to get the underdrawing for the painting done yesterday, and hope add some colour during the week, as I won't be around next weekend. This afternoon I'm going to scan the drawing and put it up on the site, then I can post the link here.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby GoldSeven » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:28 am

Cool :)

Here's my scribble for Celegorm and Curufin misbehaving in Nargothrond...
http://goldseven.de/wp_celecuru_scr2.jpg
GoldSeven
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Khorazir » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:51 am

And here are my sketches: http://www.anke.edoras-art.de/anke_tolkien_collab.html

(not updated yet, but that's going to happen in the course of the evening ;) )
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:38 am

It's neat to see this concept develop toward real art, even if Curufin and Celegorm aren't my favorite Elves. Isn't Curufin's nose a bit sharp and prominent for an elf? (it looks somewhat, at this stage of your development, like that portrait of Faramir which is not one of my favorites, the one where he's very Modigliani-ish, though it's an interesting picture) Sorry if I'm being over-picky; not sure if you want criticism as well as comment. Feel free to ignore me, I'm not an artist (well, I can draw, but not anywhere near the level of you and Jenny D; the day I could do that, you'll see pigs fly).

RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Khorazir » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:58 am

I imagine Curufin to have quite sharp features that mirror his character. But it's very probable that his nose will look somewhat different once colour is added.

I've just put another sketch of him and the underdrawing on the watercolour pad online.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby GoldSeven » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:29 am

I haven't been idle either. :)

You know I'm just a sucker for lineart ;)
http://goldseven.de/wp_celecuru_ln.jpg

Baby duty today... but maybe I can start painting this evening, when the little one's in bed.
GoldSeven
Citizen of Imladris

Postby rowanberry » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:13 am

The sketches by both of you look very promising. 8)
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby NienorNiniel » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:23 am

Very promising indeed. But - forgive me if I've missed something - exactly what scene are you portraying? Or are you just drawing them?
NienorNiniel
Mariner

Postby rowanberry » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:30 am

Jenny's version seems to be from the scene where Celegorm and Curufin speak against Finrod about helping Beren with his quest. Not sure about Anke's version.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Khorazir » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:54 am

It's the same scene, only a little later, when Curufin speaks instead of Celegorm and intimidates the people of Nargothrond.

Love your drawing, Jenny. The elf-children in the background are very cute :)
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby GoldSeven » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:37 am

I've got this children thing going at the moment, inexplicably :D

Watercolouring right now. :) Should be done shading by tomorrow afternoon, I'll do the colours digitally again. :)
GoldSeven
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Khorazir » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:10 pm

Curufin has just been to the hairdresser and had his hair dyed :D His brother is next.

I won't manage to do much painting tomorrow because immediately after work we're going to visit my mother in rehab. Drawing in the car is fine, painting unfortunately doesn't work as well. In general I doubt I'm going to get the picture done before next week, because I'm away over the weekend, and Thursday's going to be real busy, too. But I'll see what I can do ;)
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

Postby GoldSeven » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:13 pm

Hairdresser and dye? You're not going to make him lion-maned and pale haired like mine? ;)

I've already given Curufin longer hair than I usually do, too... Which was not too difficult, as I haven't drawn him as much as... ummm... other sons of Feanor. :D
GoldSeven
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Khorazir » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:17 pm

A little lion-maned, perhaps ;). I've found no reference to pale hair, so I think it's going to be brownish, though not as dark as Curufin's.
Khorazir
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting