The Home Of Weta Collectors Eighth Edition

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Postby *E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:37 am

So Gil-galad is on his way in about two weeks. But y'all already know that. :P Me excited. Gil-galad is pretty. :D

*E*
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Mariner

Postby jlcmsu » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:32 pm

Yeah, things are starting to really pick back up thats for sure.

Congrats on your ML its one of SSW best ever.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Easterling has arrived

Postby jlcmsu » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:49 pm

Easterling statue

Man, what a fantastic piece. I know big shock I like yet another piece The detail on this is really really great I can't believe how well this statue is done. The pictures do not do this statue justice by any means. It ranks up their for me now I have to say that. Thanks Bob you are the best. This makes a great early B-day present.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Inventory Worksheet

Postby Ithilias » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:16 pm

Hey everyone. I don't know if anyone is interested, but I've put together an Excel worksheet to help me manage my LOTR-Sideshow/WETA inventory. It's been a work-in-progress for many months now, but it's finally done. I'd be happy to email anyone of you a blank copy (without my personal data entries) if you're interested.

There are 226 rows separating the items by collection (FOTR, Exclusives, Weapon Sets, etc.). They are also further broken down by statue, helm, and bust when applicable.

There are then 14 columns:
1. Item name
2. Item number (i.e. 9404, 8802R)
3. Availability (availability at US Sideshow warehouse, i.e. Sold Out, Sold Out-WL, In Stock, Backorder, Retired, LOW)
4. Est. Arrival (if backordered or pre-ordered) (i.e. Oct/Nov, Q1-05)
5. Edition Size (i.e. 2500, N/A)
6. Retail (original retail price)
7. Qty. (quantity either owned, pre-ordered, backordered, or wait-listed)
8. Edition # (edition number of piece if owned)
9. Seller (i.e. Sideshow, ebay seller, etc.)
10. Order/Item# (i.e. Sideshow order number or ebay item number - I have inserted active hyperlinks to my order invoices within my Sideshow account for all pieces ordered from Sideshow)
11. Location: (I don't have enough space in my own apartment so I sometimes have them delivered elsewhere)
12. Status: (New, Processing, Shipped, Confirmed (delivered)
13. URL: (active hyperlinks to each item on Sideshow site - this has turned out to be the most time-saving feature of this worksheet).
14. Tracking #: (if recently shipped)

The info has been kept current and is reconciled with the Newsletter every Saturday morning. In the last few days or so I've tested each URL link and updated availability info so it should all be accurate and working.

Most of you have probably already worked out some similar system for yourselves, but I figured this might save some of you time and stress. Drop me a line at smith.jt@gmail.com if you'd like a copy.
Ithilias
Citizen of Imladris

Weta Sideshow collectors keychain

Postby kronsell » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:34 am

Anyone want a nice Sideshow collectors keychain.
One up on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2282023781
kronsell
Citizen of Imladris

Weta Sideshow collectors keychain

Postby kronsell » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:35 am

Anyone want a nice Sideshow collectors keychain.
One up on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2282023781
kronsell
Citizen of Imladris

Postby jlcmsu » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:06 pm

The Keychains are very cool :) I have one and think its just kind of a neat little item.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby jlcmsu » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:00 pm

Well, havent posted here in a while now. Since my last post I have recieved Elessar great great statue, Easterling another great statue, Ugluk yet another great statue, MOS Bust creepy but very cool, and today GTW statue. All wonderful items and all items I would suggest to someone if they dont have them.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby Filthgrinder » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:53 am

Very happy myself today, managed to order a Cave Troll Bust before they all sell out :D I needed it but hadn't got round to it yet, didn't want to get it on Ebay for a small fortune!
Filthgrinder
Rider of the Mark

Postby jlcmsu » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:11 pm

Well, I also got my Elendil Bust and Gladhrim Archer statue as well. Both very awesome items.

Congrats on the CT Bust looks very cool in the pics I have seen of it.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby Mighty_Squid » Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:00 pm

I don't post here and our search is really rather bad so I'm sorry if I am asking something that has been brought up before.

Does anyone have The Mines of Moria?

I fell in love with it and I wanted an "experts" opinion on it.

I'm buying it anyway despite the hefty pricetag but it would be nice to hear that it is as cool as I think it is. :)
Mighty_Squid
Ranger of the North

Postby *E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:51 pm

Very happy to see you here, Squid! I just received my Mines of Moria on Thursday. It was just $139 from Kult of Athena. The detail and scale of this item has to be seen to be believed. There is simply no inch of it that isn't awe-inspiring. Sideshow's best product so far.

Best appreciated with a flashlight and magnifying glass, though. :D Well, for added affect anyway.

*E*
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Mariner

Postby ddraigwen » Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:57 pm

I was at the Austin Sideshow Nuts Christmas Party when one came for one of our members

This is an amazing piece and a true work of art.

Now I just need to find a little more money down the back of my sofa so I can get it
ddraigwen
Ranger of the North

Postby jlcmsu » Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:47 pm

Moria is awesome. Its one of the most detailed SSW pieces ever IMO. Plus its just plain cool looking.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby jeanelf » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:14 pm

Hi, all. Well, although I've spent big $$$ on LOTR stuff, I'm fairly new to the Weta World. I've only got the Boromir and Aragorn busts, Gandalf's helm (hat), Eomer's helm on pre-order and Minas Tirith/Minas Morgul. However, I wanted to have a couple of "Special" items so I've purchased (and of course, not yet received) the Sauron and King Elessar statues. Do you all think these are pretty good choices? I missed the discussion way back, when Sauron was announced; and do you all like the K.E. statue? Thanks in advance!

EDIT several days later: Okay, so I REALLY AM a thread killer. Carry on.... :wink:
jeanelf
Ranger of the North

Postby jlcmsu » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:08 pm

Sorry, I try to check in often but a lot of old members that used to post here have moved on so my checking in is less frequent than it was in the past.

Sounds like you have some good items there in hand. The Elessar statue is a great one and my personal fave. The detail on it is very very nice and it has a great likeness to Viggo. When are you getting this piece?

Sauron well he will end up being the best ever I think the detail that will go into him will kick anything we have seens butt. I mean this statue is gonna stand 24 inches tall and weighs 15lbs so :D

Also check out http://p078.ezboard.com/fsideshowfreaksfrm9 for more talk about Sideshow Weta.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby jeanelf » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:54 am

Thanks! :) Actually, King Elessar JUST arrived here at work and I just opened the box! I LOVE IT!! :lol: I only wish I'd started buying the statues earlier, but I started buying the action figures and didn't find out about these until I was rather deep in $$$$$$$$$$$. But I'm glad to know I picked two goods ones; maybe I can catch up over time....

And, WOW! Thanks for that link!
jeanelf
Ranger of the North

Postby jlcmsu » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:25 pm

Yeah, Elessar is way way awesome. I'm glad to hear you like it so much :) I've been collecting these for a year now and I wish I had started earlier so I hadn't missed the few I'd like to go back and get.

No problem. Join the board and post with the rest of us Weta Nuts :lol:
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby Mighty_Squid » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:08 pm

Thanks guys! I am really looking forward to getting it. :D

It takes awhile huh?
Mighty_Squid
Ranger of the North

Postby *E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R* » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:56 am

That depends, of course, but in my shoes, I don't even start expectin' to see my purchases (regardless of what they are and how speedy the courier should be) until two weeks after it's shipped. Anything that shows up before then is a nice welcome. After three weeks I start to worry. After a month I get angry. :P I use the two-week standard so that I don't pace around the house every day until something gets to me. Saves me some sanity (speaking of which, I need to share with you guys the nightmare story I went through with Tolkien Town recently.... it's a hummmmmm-dinger). ;);) Unlike me, you won't have to go through customs, Squids, so I would shave a few days off for good measure. See how things turn out after a week. I can't say if that's a fair time or a little premature, but it's a start. Let us know when Moria gets to you!

NOTE: If you ever order something directly from Sideshow WETA, they only take 2 - 4 days to arrive at my door, so it'd get to you lightening quick.

*E*
*E*V*E*N*S*T*A*R*
Mariner

Postby jlcmsu » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:22 pm

Yeah, I usually get stuff in about 4 days but can take up to 7 before I get them.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby Mighty_Squid » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:48 pm

Well I ordered it on Dec 26 and I'm not suppose to get it till Jan 5 which is odd considering where I live.
Mighty_Squid
Ranger of the North

Postby jlcmsu » Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:03 am

Moria is fantastic. As I said the detail is amazing in this piece IMO. You'll feel like you where transplanted into that scene IMO.

Hey if more people post here again and want to bring this thread back to life. I'll post here all the time like I use too
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby jeanelf » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:46 am

Okay, so now I'm out of control. I ordered Eowyn thanks to your info about Fireside, jlcmsu. Thanks for that! It's the only place I could find her. So, of course, I had to take advantage of the Morgul Lord Second chance to get those two together!! So now my wallet is crying. But I'll make up for it somehow. I've got to say, despite what other threads may say, I've not had much luck getting things cheaper on E-Bay, someone ALWAYS outbids me past retail at the last moment, so I just bought them this way. Hope I'm not a total idiot. :roll:

SQUIDDY, can't wait to hear how you like the Mines. I think it looks really cool! :)

BTW, jlcmsu, does the "msu" in your name stand for anything? I went to Michigan State and that's what I think of whenever I see it!

EDIT YET AGAIN: When buying from Sideshow, they talk about a coupon code from newsletters....I get them; never saw any coupon code....where is it, etc.? Thanks in advance.
jeanelf
Ranger of the North

Postby jlcmsu » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:23 am

Eowyn is a nice piece I think she will be anyway and you bought one from a great retailer. Bob at Fireside is the best IMO. Your welcome all the way around I try to help however I can. :D The Morgul Lord is totally awesome its so big and detailed its not even funny. You will not regret that purchase thats for sure. Ah if your into collecting these from this great story then your wallet was in danger anyway :lol: I've never really bought any statues off ebay except my Smeagol statue.

My screen name stand for my first and last name JL and then the CMSU stands for Central Missouri State University.

Sometimes SS e-coupons in their newsletters that will take off a certain % of your order. When you first sign up for the newsletter they have one in it called WELCOME that takes 5% off. The have had others in the past for LOTR but not in a long while.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby Mighty_Squid » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:58 pm

Tomorrow is Moria day! w00t!

I'm not working so I will just watch fo Fed-Ex out the window . . . :D
Mighty_Squid
Ranger of the North

Postby jlcmsu » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:06 pm

Oh you got it bad. Their is no hope the more SSW you buy :)
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby Mighty_Squid » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:16 pm

You ain't kidding about getting a flashlight and looking around. This thing is AMAZING!!!

The detail!

There are tiles on the floor! The columns!! It's amazing!

I wish I had a better spot for it. It needs a good display with special lighting. I will have to get that some time in the future.

Well worth the money. Really great piece of art.
Mighty_Squid
Ranger of the North

Postby jlcmsu » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:35 pm

Yeah, its fantastic IMO. The Best Enviro they have ever done again IMO.

Yeah, its a great piece and needs a good display area.

Its so worth the money and then some. Glad you like this piece so much :)
jlcmsu
Mariner

PreviousNext

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting