The Home Of Weta Collectors Eighth Edition

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

re

Postby revilal » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:26 am

well, so who is getting Lurtz then ?
revilal
Shield Bearer

Re: re

Postby Oxbeard » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:20 pm

revilal wrote:well, so who is getting Lurtz then ?

Count me in for one!!

Been a while since I've been around these parts, actually kind of surprised at how slow things seem to have been here.
Oxbeard
Shield Bearer

Re: re

Postby revilal » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:58 am

Oxbeard wrote:
revilal wrote:well, so who is getting Lurtz then ?

Count me in for one!!

Been a while since I've been around these parts, actually kind of surprised at how slow things seem to have been here.

Yeh, this place was the best... unfortunately, quite a few people moved to the ezboards (now sideshowcollectors.com) and it had been quiet since. Its a pity people didnt stick around here because there was a good vibe here.
revilal
Shield Bearer

Postby jlcmsu » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:57 pm

I got Lurtz coming and the 12" Aragorn. I'm just too much of a LOTR junkie not to continue.

Recently I got my PJ and Mumak statues leaving me only two left in my collection to come from the SSW line.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Re: The Home Of Weta Collectors Eighth Edition

Postby jlcmsu » Fri May 23, 2014 8:41 am

I haven't posted here in ages. All of my friends here have long since went their own ways even from other forums we were on together. I hope this place is doing well and many of the pieces I had here at different times have come and gone only to come again. I'm finally in a place with my collection where its amazing to look at as well as growing with the great stuff that Weta is doing for The Hobbit.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby ElvenArcher » Fri May 23, 2014 2:32 pm

It's always nice to see some old timers back. Facebook groups have taken many of the people who used to post on bulletin boards, but there are still some who enjoy the sorts of discussions we have here. We are quieter but still around.
ElvenArcher
Ranger of the North

Postby jlcmsu » Sun May 25, 2014 8:19 pm

I actually found this place again because it came up in a search on google regarding the RWOS statue. I was trying to find about what we did back in the day on the base if there was an issue of it fitting. So it was fun to go back and read several posts from this thread and folks I haven't seen post in a long long time. It was nice to think about all the Editions of this thread we used to go through talking about these statues. They have for sure. I mostly post on Sideshow Freaks where I went to after most people left here as well as in the last couple years getting to become a staffer at TORn. I will try to check in and even post some of my stuff from time to time.
jlcmsu
Mariner

Postby ElvenArcher » Thu May 29, 2014 8:46 am

It is like being in the Hall of Fire at Rivendell. Many have sailed but a few linger. Glad to see you back.
I, too, enjoy reading some of the old threads and I wonder what has become of some of our old regulars.
ElvenArcher
Ranger of the North

Postby jlcmsu » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:52 pm

This is true. It's nice to see a few linger and just see the names of those who were once a part of my Middle-earth life.

As I said earlier I've been blessed to become a staffer at TORn and write or video review of new Middle-earth Collectibles as I get them. Here is the latest one of the Fili statue by Weta Worlshop.

Collecting The Precious - Weta Workshop's Fili the Dwarf Statue Review
jlcmsu
Mariner

Previous

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting