Inns of Middle-Earth mugs

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Inns of Middle-Earth mugs

Postby RoseMorninStar » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:45 pm

For a long time I had been looking for somewhere I could get mugs that actually look like they could have been used in the Inns of Middle-Earth. I finally found a potter who makes mugs by hand that are just beautiful. I got mine this past week & I am thrilled to pieces. I ordered 2 ivy 'leaves' and 2 'green dragon' mugs for the inns of the Shire (the Ivy bush and the Green dragon). I ordered these in the small size. Then I ordered 2 in a reddish color that were of a prancing pony design for the inn at Bree. I ordered these in the Medium size which is about a pint! I certainly will consider these handmade treasures of my Middle earth collection. :D

I think this artist usually does work for Ren. faires but she was also at the Toronto LotRfest. Here is her website.
http://www.ashandgriffin.com/sculpture.htm
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby ddraigwen » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:26 pm

This thread is the same as one in the collecting forum.

As it fits better in that forum than this one I am going to go ahead and lock this one. Feel free to continue in the other forum :)
ddraigwen
Ranger of the North

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting