Anke and Jenny proudly present...

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Anke and Jenny proudly present...

Postby GoldSeven » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:57 pm

Celegorm and Curufin - troublemakers in Nargothrond!

(If anyone can think of a better title, please, please post it) :D

http://goldseven.de/wp_collab_anke.jpg

For those of you who haven't been following Anke's thread, the idea arose between us to make a collaboration of some sort... and we decided to paint two different parts of the same scene. In case you can't tell ;), my pic is the first and Anke's the second.

Enjoy!

If our schedules allow, I'd love to do another one sometime! :horse:
GoldSeven
Citizen of Imladris

Postby NienorNiniel » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:36 am

That is soooo cool! :D

You have really captured the two moments, and your styles sort of... fit the feelings. Jenny's is slightly clearer, going well with Celegorm drawing his sword, and then Anke's softer, darker picture as Curufin speaks. The Elves in the background, in both pictures, is a nice touch.

This was a great idea. You should do it again. :thumbsup:
NienorNiniel
Mariner

Postby rowanberry » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:45 am

All I can say is "whoah". Those scenes really come alive! 8) Jenny's portrayal of the two troublemakers is closer to my own mental image of them, but Anke has also captured the characters, as well as the mood of the moment, in just an excellent way. :thumbsup:

You should definitely do another similar project, if only you can arrange it. :idea:
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby TarnAeluin » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:13 am

:Q :Q :love: :thumbsup: !!

Bee-yooo-tee-full!

I love it, they're both different representions of the characters, but they fit so well together. I too vote for another one of these collaborations -- fantastic!

~Tarny
TarnAeluin
Rider of the Mark

Postby RakshaTheDemon » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:28 pm

What a great pair of pictures! Jenny; I liked Curufin's smirk. Anke; your rendition shows the deterioration and darkening of the sons of Feanor; they look more like vampires than Elves; pale and haggard and rather Goth.

More collabs, please! How about Feanor himself, or some of the Valar, or maybe whasisname, Denethor's younger son.

RAKSHA THE DEMON 8)
Last edited by RakshaTheDemon on Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RakshaTheDemon
Rider of the Mark

Postby Elmtree » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:03 pm

Hey, this is WONDERFUL! I've been away a bit, so I didn't see this earlier. I LOVE the idea of you two collaborating!
Elmtree
Not all those who wander aren't lost

Postby LadyCoralie » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:16 pm

Absolutely wonderful! Brilliant! Superb! And every other superlative under the sun. Oh I'll add an Aussie one for you too...You bloody bewdies! You two are my fav artists and you both certainly set the standard in the gallery. Well done. Thanks for posting this. I love the idea of you both collaborating. You make art look so easy and yet watercolour is one of the hardest mediums going. Love the composition and tone, the detail is awesome! What more can I say? Oh yes...I do love the quotes underneath and the effect of two paintngs side by side as in a good ol'fashioned storybook.

Keep up the good work! More please!

Cheers and thanks

LadyCoralie
LadyCoralie
Ranger of the North

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting