Sadly Selling 2 books...

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Sadly Selling 2 books...

Postby Drache » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:55 am

My uncle currently has two books, "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of The Rings" (all three books in one) that he wants to sell. These are really rare and hard to find books. I'll describe the LOTR book first:

Lord of The Rings
Published By: George Allen & Unwin, London U.K.
Sixth impression, 1978, Deluxe Edition
Hardback with gilt, green, silver and white pattern on front cover. 1193 pages of indian paper.
All the maps are there in the book
Very Nice Condition, Near fine Condition

For Those that don't know, Indian paper is very very fine and very fragile. This book has no ripped or missing pages! Thus since the paper is very thin, all three books are in this single book!

Currently appraised at $350 U.S.

The Hobbit
Published By: George Allen & Unwin, London U.K.
Second Impression, 1979, Deluxe Edition
Hard Cover, black cloth boards with metallic red, silver & gold image of Smaug the dragon on front board, gilt lettering to spine. Colour frontis piece & 12 colour plates, by the author, with some being coloured by H.E.Riddert. 2 colour maps.

This one sadly is the worst of the two. One of my cousins splattered tony spots of white onto the cover of the book. It also has some wear in the top left corner of the book and spine. All the pages ARE there and there are no markings on the pages. All the maps and color plates are there as well.

Currently Appraised in this condition: $75 U.S. (A professional book restorer can help)

He's willing to sell the books seperatly although he would like to sell them as a set. He'll accept any reasonable offer made. These books are very rare and hard to find. If the buyer pays the $350 U.S. price for the Lord of The Rings book, The Hobbit will be thrown in at no extra cost!

If anyone is really interested yo can contact me at Archangels_Grace@Hotmail.com. I also have a picture of each book as well.
Drache
Petitioner to the Council

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting