Arwen dress patterns?

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Arwen dress patterns?

Postby Lingua » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:52 pm

Not even sure if this is the right place for this, but couldn't find a better forum at a glance...we are looking for a full-size adult pattern for the cowl-neck pale green/blue Arwen dress in the window scene where Aragorn is on the fainting couch, then rises to say he does not know his way, yadda yadda, that lovely maiden dress...for a wedding of a friend. Googled all over, no luck with that particular dress. Anyone?
Lingua
Citizen of Imladris

Dying Dress

Postby Doggins » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:13 pm

Yes,:the that absolutely beautiful dress, don't get me wrong, but IF you do find the pattern for the dress, then, well, if it were me, i'd sew a little something extra in the chest area. In the movie it appeared a Little, sheer. :lol:
Doggins
Citizen of Imladris

Dying Dress

Postby Doggins » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:14 pm

8)
Doggins
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:25 pm

Alley Cat Scratch's LOTR section is the best place to go that I know of.

Good luck! :)
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby eilona » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:39 pm

Go to the Costumers and Sewers Guild. I saw something mentioned there and/or a link to another website thingy that mentioned the pattern maker and number. As I'm not a sewer myself, I see things and then promptly forget where they were.
Good luck.
eilona
Ranger of the North

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting