The Mithril Armoury

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Postby Cinnon37 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:18 pm

Im trying to hang in there. but trust me its hard when i havent heard from her in months. She never replyed to any of my emails to let me know what was going on. But I am still trying to hang in there.
Cinnon37
Petitioner to the Council

Postby eilona » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:58 pm

I'm really very sorry for Ginger.

I would've liked to have ordered items from her, but my husband usually carps about all my collectibles(LOTR related)so to keep the peace, I just never looked at the site closely, for fear the credit card would whip out!

However, try to be patient and wait. She's a good person and will do her best.
eilona
Ranger of the North

Postby MithrilMaid » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:32 pm

Just thought I would let everybody know I received an email from Ginger today. She sounds as if she is really doing her best to set matters straight with her customers.
I hope everyone can be patient with her and all things work out well for her!
MithrilMaid

Postby Galmond » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:48 pm

anyone with updates? Anyone get a refund or an email?
Galmond

Postby Brego63 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:09 am

I heard from Ginger again. In short she cleaned out her savings and just about everything else she had trying to keep MA afloat and is on the verge of losing everything. She just started a teaching position and received her first paycheck at the end of August. I don't think we'll be seeing any refunds right away (just a feeling). I know some people out there are ready to file papers; which is their right to do so, but in the end I think legal action would end up giving out refunds to the lawyers instead of the customers. Since I've been hearing from her I only hope she's been contacting others as well to let people know what's going on and try to work things out.
Brego63

Postby Darth_Baggins » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:35 pm

Dang! Now I wish I'd given the Armoury more business. :(
Darth_Baggins

Postby Noki53 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:14 am

I joined this board with the express purpose of alerting you all to the practices of Mithril Armoury. For starters, Ginger Wages is not a she, but is in fact a 30 something year old man from Chamblee, Georgia. In April, I ordered the MROneRing from Mithril Armoury and paid over $210 using my Paypal account. After weeks of hearing nothing, I contacted Ginger and heard the same story that many of you have heard. It's on back order, so sorry, blah, blah, blah. The last time I tried to reach him on the web, I found his e-mail address had been cancelled as well as that of Mithril Armoury. If you've gotten mail from him, you'll know that he likes to sign of using different Star Wars quotes. It was through these that I was able to track him down. He goes by the name of Master Kitra and I even have a picture of him in his little Star Wars outfit. I've tried to send letters to his home and he refuses to answer. At this time, I'm petitioning Paypal to launch a full investigation unto the fraudulent practices of Ginger & Mithril Armoury. If nothing should come from that, I am going to hire an attorney and sue to get my money back. So for you: If your order is less than 90 days old, I urge you to contac Paypal or yor credit card company and inform them of this scam. DO NOT WAIT.
Noki53

Postby Alys » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:34 am

Noki I removed the 6 seperate threads you've started on this topic as you've posted what you wanted on this thread too.

I didn't know Ginger personally but several people on this board did, so I'm pretty sure that your theory that she is really a man is incorrect. Some people here have been able to get in touch with her reasonably recently - hopefully one of them will be able to help you talk to her too.

I hope you're able to resolve this issue to your satisfaction :)
Alys

Ginger Wages

Postby Noki53 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:27 am

To Administrator,

I know my "theory" may be somewhat hard to believe but if you would google Master Kitra or go to rebellegion.com, you will indeed find Ginger Wages. On his profile sheet is the same bellsouth e-mail address that many of us were to use to contact him. That addy is no longer available and I see that he has moved from Chamblee to Conyers, Georgia.
Noki53

P.S.

Postby Noki53 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:33 pm

And a P.S. If you would like to e-mail me at noki53@aol.com, I will send you the link with Ginger's picture and his statement about running Mithril Armoury. There is NO doubt.
Noki53

Postby Old_Tom_Bombadil » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:49 am

Noki, I've met Ginger. In fact, she's kissed me on the cheek. Like "Dernhelm", she is no man.

That image of Kitra the Jedi Master is Ginger all right. Kitra is a woman's name. Even if it were a man's name, I've seen women dress as Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Gimli, Haldir, orcs, and other male characters but that did not make them male in real life.

At one time Ginger had the best customer service on either side of the Mississippi. It appears that she has fallen on difficult times. I hope she is able to get her financial matters turned around and correct the outstanding issues she's had with her customers. (I am one of them.)
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Ranger of the North

Postby Brego63 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:46 pm

Funny, I looked at the picture of Master Kitra and it looks like a woman to me. I've spoken on the phone many times and she sure sounds like a woman. The Bellsouth address listed isn't the one I've reached her on; it was a comcast.net address. It sounds like Noki happened to order about the time the business took a downturn which in most corners is called bad timing. To call it a scam is incorrect. Scams take your money and give you nothing in return. Ginger had many satisfied customers over the span of a couple of years. She's trying to secure a loan to pay back the money that's owed and lets keep our fingers crossed that she's successful. If not bankruptcy may be her only option. I'd rather wait longer for a refund than receive nothing but that's just me.
Brego63

Postby Brego63 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:29 am

Word on the United Cutlery Forum messageboard is that Ginger will be filing for bankruptcy but for Chapt 11 versus Chapt 13. Chapt 11 is a reorganization in order for her to repay debts on a schedule preventing everyone from coming down on her at once and making a bad situation worse. Chapt 13 is where the court liquidates everything and the court pays back what it can. So while it may take longer this should still serve as semi-good news to those hoping for a refund.
Brego63

Postby Darth_Baggins » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:15 pm

I'm saddened that it had to come to this. Ginger worked so hard to keep TMA afloat... :(
Darth_Baggins

Postby Cinnon37 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:56 pm

Well, i just got a paper in the mail today stating Ms. Wages filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Looks like I wont be getting my money afterall. Shame on you Ms. Wages, for taking my money. I work hard for it, and I was loyal to you, and this is what you did? $800 is alot to me. I hope your happy with your-self for taking my money and everyone elses. Cant tell you how dissapointed and hurt I am from this.
So, to everyone else that she owes money to, im sorry for you all too. Looks like we wont be getting our hard earned money back and she gets off without paying.
I hope your happy Ms. Wages.
Cinnon37

Postby Harvestar » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:49 pm

I too have met Ginger myself and worked with her many months on the Gathering and have found her to be very trustworthy and hardworking. (she was among those of us up all night long the evening before trying to get registration worked out, but that's another story for another time)

I too feel very bad that Ginger has fallen on hard times. :( And I wish I'd ordered the items from her that I'd wanted to (given that she gave discounts to PMs). sigh...
Harvestar
Mariner

Postby thebadge » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:08 pm

Why don't people use Credit Cards when buying expensive things on the WEB. If you don't get your merchandise you simply call your CC company and get it taken care of.

Never use paypal or mail a check for anything over a few bucks. To do so is asking for trouble.
thebadge

Postby Starshadow » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:09 pm

By the By, there are other places where you can get good prices on the United Cutlery swords and armor reproductions. You just have to look around.
Starshadow
Ranger of the North

Previous

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting