Don't Be Fooled

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Don't Be Fooled

Postby Noki53 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:57 am

I joined this board with the express purpose of alerting you to the scam run by Mithril Armoury. For starters, Ginger Wages is not a she but a 30 something year old man from Chamblee Georgia. In April, I ordered the MROneRing from Mithril Armoury and paid $210.95 using Paypal. After weeks of waitng for it to arrive, I contacted Ginger and was given the same story that many of you were given. It's on back order, so sorry, blah, blah, blah. Ginger is very good at stringing people along, and in my opinion, he has no intention of making good on his promises. If you have received mail from him, you know that he uses Star Wars references to close his letters and it was through those that I was able to track him down, I even have a picture of Master Kitra (Ginger) in his little Star Wars outfit. I have sent letter upon letter to him at his home address and never get a response. His e-mail address has been cancelled as has that of Mithril Armoury. At this time, I am petitioning Paypal to launch an investigation into the practices of Mithril Armoury. Should I need to go further, I am going to hire an attorney and file charges to get my money back. Here's what you can do. If your order is less than 90 days old, write to Paypal NOW. DO NOT WAIT. Do not let this person scam you out of your money.
Noki53
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Fea~*Mar~Vanwa~Tyalieva » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:06 am

wow..... :shock:
I know nothing about this mithril armoury thing, but I guess I...won't now. :)
it's really frustrating how people pay money but it's a scam....
Fea~*Mar~Vanwa~Tyalieva
Shield Bearer

Postby Fea~*Mar~Vanwa~Tyalieva » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:13 am

hmmmmmm
are you completely sure though?
I mean I just read the other thread, and some people met her and most were quite sympathetic to her....
how sure are you??
:|
Fea~*Mar~Vanwa~Tyalieva
Shield Bearer

Postby Brego63 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:16 am

Noki posted on the United Cutlery Forums too. MA wasn't a scam, it was just bad timing on Noki's part when he ordered. Scams don't usually have repeat customers and scams don't deliver products, they just take your money and run. I had multiple orders filled by MA before the business ran into trouble and am still in contact with Ginger. She's filing Chapt 7 bankruptcy by the way. So while it's understandable to be upset it's not so to spread incorrect information and create a panic.
Brego63
Petitioner to the Council

Postby eilona » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:43 am

I don't know ehat Chap 7 entails, but it can't be easy on anyone. A small business is most susceptible to markets ups and downs.
If you are unsuccessful at receiving your monies back, I'm very sorry for you, but I'm equally sorry for Ginger. Most business people try to provide something for those looking for a niche specific market. When it fails, it's a souring experience.
eilona
Ranger of the North

Postby InnocentEvil » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:50 am

Noki, I see the topic of MA's demise has been thoroughly hashed out in the MA thread. People and businesses do go through hard times, remember. If something similar should befall you, I know you wouldn't want people posting speculations about whether or not you were a crook, or what gender you might be.

Please refrain from speculating about Ms Wages(or any other member/mod's) motives, identity or intentions. To do so without proof borders on libel.

I'm going to lock this thread, seeing as it's a repeat of the same discussion in the MA thread and ask you to refrain from posting it again. Additionally, please take any issues you have with Mithril Amories and/or Ms. Wages to private email and off our boards.

Thank you.
InnocentEvil
Ringbearer

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting