Advice.....

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Advice.....

Postby Fowler » Sat May 20, 2006 10:13 am

Hi guys,

I am new here so....hey :)

I really need a bit of advice if anyone can help. I have been a Tolkien fan most of my life and a collector ever since I had spare cash.

I have recently had a few major personal problems which means that I need to raise some cash....so guess what has to go :cry2:

I have listed a few Weta statues on Ebay:

Artist proof Cave Troll;
Ringwraith and steed;
Balrog;
Sam and Bill; and
The Witch-King.

This looks like it could raise a good portion of what I need, but I need to raise more.... so have a tricky decision to make.

I am thinking of listing:

Orthanc Tower
Aragorn Statue
Stone Trolls
Moria Orc Archer

and possibly some books....

History Middle Earth - 3 volumes - Ltd edition 1000 (india paper) you know the ones.

What I am basically trying to do, is sell the most valuable stuff to limit the amount I have to lose.

Anyone got any idea on prices for these? I have nearly all the Weta sideshow statues, busts etc.... Are there others that are more valueable.

Any help would be much appreciated....the sooner I get it over and done with the better....selling this stuff is killing me!
Fowler
Petitioner to the Council

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting