Shamelessly begging for pictures

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Shamelessly begging for pictures

Postby IamMoose » Fri May 26, 2006 8:43 am

I've just set up a Harry Potter forum of my own and am looking for some nice graphics for it. The trouble is that I can't draw to save my life and I don't want to use other people's work without permission as the site hoster is fairly adamant in the Terms of Service that doing this will result in board deletion. I was wondering therefore whether anyone had any HP related pictures that they own that they would let me use on my site? I'd be eternally grateful :)
IamMoose
Mariner

Postby rowanberry » Sat May 27, 2006 10:57 am

Many artists have nothing against using their artwork on a website, if they're properly credited, especially if they're contacted first and asked about it. For example, Jenny Dolfen has some good HP fan art (beside excellent Tolkien fan art); if you like her pics, you could always e-mail her and ask if you can use some of them. Another one whom you could contact is Makani.
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby IamMoose » Sun May 28, 2006 4:30 am

Brilliant thanks very much :D
IamMoose
Mariner

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting