My Fanart

The artistic interpretation of Tolkien's imagination can be breathtaking. Or it can be appalling... Join in on the discussion of the artistic representations and collectible items in the Tolkien universe.

Re: My Fanart

Postby pat457 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:04 am

Nessa wrote:I like the "middle-age style" you use on some of your drawings! :)

Thank you!

Here's a new one: a little pixel Gollum. Yes, those are clothes right there.

pat457
Shield Bearer

Postby pat457 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Another pseudo-medieval-type sheet. Weep at my lack of skill in writing Cirth or Tengwar.
pat457
Shield Bearer

Postby siddharth » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:34 am

pat457 your art is excellent! I love your middle-ages and frescos style. And they suit the texts very well, in my opinion.
I saw your latest post and after that I went and saw the whole thread from beginning. I myself do a bit of sketching (trivial compared to others ;)) so from that perspective I think I understand your sketching during classes (I used to do a bit myself :P). Anyway, your artwork is cool.

Encore!
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby ElvenArcher » Tue May 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Beautiful work. You've developed as an artist over the time this thread has been up. It's been almost five years now!
ElvenArcher
Ranger of the North

Postby pat457 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:09 pm

ElvenArcher wrote:Beautiful work. You've developed as an artist over the time this thread has been up. It's been almost five years now!

Happy new year! Soon it's gonna be six years. :D Isn't it funny how I seem to drop by here only once or twice per year?

Anyways, I'm thinking of drawing something Tolkien-related again. It's really been some time since I made up one. Anyone got any good ideas?
If not I might go over and draw Farmer Giles. ;)
pat457
Shield Bearer

Postby Kaya » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:21 am

Wow, your artwork is stunning!! Love it. :)

I believe there can never be too much artwork concerning the Rangers of the North, so that would be my humble suggestion. :D
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

The Dúnedain of the North: The Drake Hunt

A Tale or Two

On a writing adventure with Jaeniver in Scriptorium: Crossroads

Proud member of the Class of '02

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Gorthaur the Cruel » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:16 am

These are very, very good, pat. I must admit your invented language thread went a bit over my head but I can relate to these. I can't see all of them though - maybe some of the links have been broken? I really like that they're not all just your drawing of a scene or character but your drawing of a scene or character (or indeed story) in the style of...
Gorthaur the Cruel
Shield Bearer

Postby pat457 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:12 am

Gorthaur the Cruel wrote:These are very, very good, pat. I must admit your invented language thread went a bit over my head but I can relate to these. I can't see all of them though - maybe some of the links have been broken? I really like that they're not all just your drawing of a scene or character but your drawing of a scene or character (or indeed story) in the style of...

Sorry. That's just a weird hobby of mine I wanted to see through. :D Yeah, unfortunately some of the links are broken - worse off, I've lost or misplaced some of these drawings. (Most of these were/are really just doodles made on random bits of paper - I'm not a very tidy person, and my room tends to degenerate into a complete mess.) So the photos are the only surviving record.

Kaya wrote:Wow, your artwork is stunning!! Love it. :)

I believe there can never be too much artwork concerning the Rangers of the North, so that would be my humble suggestion. :D

Thank you! Sadly I finally managed to eke out a couple Tolkien-related drawings (from The Hobbit - as usual, not following PJ's vision of them), but I'll try to draw them Rangers when I have the chance. Look out for them.

Thorin

Thranduil
pat457
Shield Bearer

Postby pat457 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:27 am

Wow. It seems I only get to post here on a yearly basis, don't I? :D

Here's a new (well, not exactly new - 'recent' is probably better) one. I kinda went full circle on this one: Rohirrim = Bayeux Tapestry.

http://i.imgur.com/uVw5cua.jpg
pat457
Shield Bearer

Postby pat457 » Sat May 21, 2016 2:43 am

Told you I only seem to come here once every year now. :D

Here's a new Tolkien drawing I made BTW. I've now pretty much switched to digital.

In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.
All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen.
‘You cannot enter here,’ said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. ‘Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!’
The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.
‘Old fool!’ he said. ‘Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!’ And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.
pat457
Shield Bearer

Postby pat457 » Sat May 21, 2016 3:44 am

And just right now, I finished this.

Then rising swiftly up, far above the Towers of the Black Gate, high above the mountains, a vast soaring darkness sprang into the sky, flickering with fire. The earth groaned and quaked. The Towers of the Teeth swayed, tottered, and fell down; the mighty rampart crumbled; the Black Gate was hurled into ruin; and from far away, now dim, now growing, now mounting to the clouds, there came a drumming rumble, a roar, a long echoing roll of ruinous noise.
'The realm of Sauron is ended!' said Gandalf. 'The Ringbearer has fulfilled his Quest.' And as the captains gazed south to the Land of Mordor, it seemed to them that, black against the pall of cloud, there rose a huge shape of shadow, impenetrable, lightning-crowned, filling all the sky. Enormous it reared above the world, and stretched out towards them a vast threatening hand, terrible but impotent: for even as it leaned over them, a great wind took it, and it was all blown away, and passed; and then a hush fell.
pat457
Shield Bearer

Previous

Return to Tolkien Inspired Art and Collecting