MoME 2012: There and Back Again, and again, and again...

What do you think of Tolkien on the silver screen...? Whether Bakshi, Jackson, Amazon, BBC radio play, or whoever else, come on in and discuss your reflections, opinions, and memories...

Re: MoME 2012: There and Back Again, and again, and again...

Postby rowanberry » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Finally, Rowanberry had the final results in her hands. Or, actually, the envelopes containing the names of the winners were in the hands of her assistant, Thorwen, another elf lady.

Dressed in her best again, she stepped on the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, all kinds of creatures! Now, finally, the moment has come when we see who are the winners this year!

First, winners of the tasks and categories:

Rock climbing: Thorin Oakenshield! Award

Jewelry making: Galion! Award

Sexiest: Beorn! Award

Funniest: Thorin Oakenshield! Award

Most inventive: Smaug! Award

Best bri... erm... complimentary gifts: Sam Gamgee! Award

On the third place this year is...

Galion!

Award

On the second place, we got...

Beorn!

Award

And now, ladies and gentlemen... The Male of Middle-earth 2012 is...
*drumroll*

THORIN OAKENSHIELD!

Award

Congratulations to all the winners!

Again, this has been a great contest, and I hope to see you all back next year!"

As soon as they had got off the stage, the MC said to her assistant: "And now, I need a drink. Or two, or three..."
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Calma » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:10 pm

As Thorin was approaching the stage to accept his rock climbing award, Calma and Archie quietly slipped into their places at the judges table.

"Sorry we're late." she whispered to the Scribe. "We over slept." she embarrassedly smiled.

The graying TORC'er applauded all the winners while Archie shovled down another meal.
"I swear that man must be part Hobbit." Calma rolled her eyes.

Pleased with the out come of yet another MoME pagent Calma accepted the Coke from one of the Svens and sat back to watch the rest of the show.
Image Han Solo Chillin' Out

HONORING OLD TOBY WITH STAR WARS MONTH InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
Pitchers and catchers report TODAY!!!! :D

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby notlistening » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Thorin looked totally gob-smacked when he won the rock climbing that he co0mpletely spaced out on winning the funniest award too. nl turned him around and sent him back to get the next one.

"Who'da thunk he'd win anything?" Mal said in an aside to nl. "I thought he would have fallen short of the challenges..."

nl elbowed mal in the side as he took a swig of his drink, causing him to spit it all over the table, some of it landing on Tooks who was at the next table.

"Enough with the short jokes. Thorin is a gifted dwarf and always sees things through. Have you not read the Hobbit?" nl asked him, tossing a serviette at him.

"I've read a poem. Does that count?" Mal said, mopping his face.

Thorin almost bounced back to the table with his two awards and was just about to sit down when the lovely Rowanberry announced him as the winner! nl squealed with joy, Mal looked cranky (he must have bet on one of the other contestants)

"Go on! Go get your prize." nl encouraged her contestant with a quick hug and a shove to get his feet moving.

"See, disbeliever." she said to Mal as Thorin weaved back up the carpet, being blinded by flashes going off.

"Yeah, yeah. Must have been all those bribes that pushed it over the edge." Mal signalled a waiter to bring him another drink.

"So how much did you and Cornelius loose?" Mal tried to look small in the comer of the booth. He refused to tell her, but looked more frightened of the posse of raccoons headed his way, lead by Two Fingered Tony.

"Ah, I gotta go see a man about a thing..." Mal stuttered and high tailed it out of the ballroom.

nl grinned and looked back to see her contestant proudly wearing his shiny news crown and waving to the audience.

"Ah, I'd like to thank the fabulous judges and the beautiful Mc." he said, kissing all their hands in turn, his whiskers tickling Calma. "And to my sponsor..thanks for taking a chance on an old dwarf like. And to my worthy opponents. Thanks for making me really work for this award. Drinks are on me!" he said, tossing his crown into the air and stage diving onto a pack of raccoons...

ahhh, MOME...

Raise a cup of coffee for Toby.
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Calma » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Calma giggled when Thorin's beard tickled her. She then fluffed his hair before sitting back in her chair. Her eyes went wide as the King of the Dwarves tossed his crown into the air then ran off the stage toward the mosh pit of racoons.

"That's something you don't see every day." Archie mentioned casually. "Bet he don't come with those pretty awards." he nodded toward Two Fingered Tony in the middle of the crowd in the pit his front paws open and ready to catch the flying Dwarf.

Calma laughed and nodded. "I think he can take care of himself."
Image Han Solo Chillin' Out

HONORING OLD TOBY WITH STAR WARS MONTH InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
Pitchers and catchers report TODAY!!!! :D

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Martin the Warrior » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:46 am

"I can't believe we actually won something." Sam said admonished, looking over his shiny trophy.

"What's that scribbled on the back?" Martin asked.

"Bad Wolf... what does that mean, does it mean wargs are attacking?"

"Um..."

With that a familiar sound filtered the air, as the Tardis touched down."

"Got to go..." Martin ran in before Sam had another word to say.
Martin the Warrior
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Beorn came to the stage to receive his awards. "Sexiest? The first time I've been called that." He was grinning from ear to ear. He also congratulated Thorin. He would be the only one he would want to take second place to, and he bowed gracefully.

And then, he saw the mosh pit with the raccoons, tranformed into a bear, and dived himself with an ear-splitting roar.

Darth Jar Jar

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Previous

Return to Movies and Media: Tolkien