SEE, Soundtrack Bonus disc 5

What do you think of Tolkien on the silver screen...? Whether Bakshi, Jackson, Amazon, BBC radio play, or whoever else, come on in and discuss your reflections, opinions, and memories...

SEE, Soundtrack Bonus disc 5

Postby gerrard » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi,
on Bonus disc number 5 (first one for Return of the King), the chapter (starting with a comment on how the only stable thing in Tolkiens life was his school in Birmingham) starts with a piece of soundtrack that I have been looking for for days now. I've listened to the whole soundtrack multiple times now and just can't seem to find this piece of music. Would be great if anyone could tell me which track on the soundtrack CDs that is. Thanks a lot!
(Just go to the menu of bonus disc number 5 and press "Play all" and it will be the first thing you hear.)
gerrard
Petitioner to the Council

Re: SEE, Soundtrack Bonus disc 5

Postby The-Tennis-Ball-Kid » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:00 pm

It's from FOTR, when the Fellowship is preparing to leave Rivendell. It's part of "Gilraen's Memorial" on the Complete Recordings set.

It's a fantastic piece of music.
The-Tennis-Ball-Kid
Mariner

Location: The East of East, Fighting Wild Were-worms in The Last Desert

Re: SEE, Soundtrack Bonus disc 5

Postby gerrard » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:32 am

Thank you!
I found the scene in the film with that piece of score.
However, I was utterly disappointed to find that it is NOT part of the OST, in "The Ring Goes South" it is just left out.
Mr./Mrs./Miss WhoevercutandmixedtheOSTandleftthatpartout, I don't know who you are, I don't know where you are, but I will find you and I will kill you =:) :D

EDIT: It is on the Complete Recordings! I'm gonna get them right away :D
gerrard
Petitioner to the Council

Return to Movies and Media: Tolkien