MoME 2013 - with all the usual mayhem...

What do you think of Tolkien on the silver screen...? Whether Bakshi, Jackson, Amazon, BBC radio play, or whoever else, come on in and discuss your reflections, opinions, and memories...

Re: MoME 2013 - with all the usual mayhem...

Postby Cock-Robin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:43 am

Gwaihir was fuming. "What do I know about building a house? I was sent to watch over the children of Illuvatar, bring tidings, and sometimes bear burdens. Our eyries are simple."

"It's not fair, to be sure, but they want us to do that. I'll be glad to bring up some ideas. I always wanted a mountain chalet." said Robin.

"A what?"

"I'll draw up some things for you, Gwaihir."

"I hope the next competition is more fair to our kind."

Party! Party!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Aragorn got his tools together and then posed for a few photos. Tooks' favorite is the one of him standing by the ladder.

Ladder photo

Aragorn tackled the plumbing next, but ran into some problems.....

Not much of a plumber.

So he went to bed to rest up for the next day of hard work.

Resting up for a busy day!!!

:D

Remembering MoME.... Boromir the Great!!!!111

;)

---------------------------------

Watch my (low budget) movie
here!!!

For more fun, watch this video! ->

Star Trek meets Monty Python!!
Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby notlistening » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:14 pm

“So, can you tell me what you are thinking regarding the architecture challenge?” nl asked Bilbo as the little hobbit lay stretched out on the floor, furiously scribbling and scratching out mistakes. He was concentrating hard as the tip of his tongue was caught between his teeth.

“As soon as I know, you'll know.” Bilbo answered, distracted momentarily. He put a hole through the paper.

“You might do better on the table.” she told him.

“Mal's sorting his guns.” came the reply as Bilbo's hair fell over his eyes. “It's annoying.”

“”Again?” nl went off to distract the handsome captain for a while so Bilbo could use the table.

A long strawberry scented bubble bath later, Bilbo was constructing his 3D model to take down to the judging. Nl and Mal came back to a room, filled with torn cardboard, paper mache and pipe cleaners littering the floor.

“Did some terrifying space monkeys get loose in here?” Mal asked, walking over to where he left his boots.

“Where have you been? Never mind. I'm finished. Can we go present my design?” Bilbo was bouncing on the balls of his feet, he was so excited.

Nl smiled. “I'll just finish getting the next round of bri...um gifts ready while you change, Bilbo. You're covered in Styrofoam balls.” she brushed some from his hair and grinned.

Bilbo was suited in his favourite green trousers, cream shirt and plaid vest by the time nl had sent Mal and Cornelius off with the gifts for the judges. She placed his cap on his head at a quirky angle.

“You look very nice indeed. Ready to present your masterpiece to the world?” she asked, picking up his model while Bilbo grabbed his presentation cards.

“I hope so. I really could have done more if time permitted.” he said as they walked down the hall to the main stage area. “There was no time to put in the miniature shrubberies and the path...”

“I get the idea and I'm sure the judges will too.” They entered the dining hall which had been cleaned up and had the judges seated in 3 kingly thrones facing the small stage.

Nl placed the model in front of Calma and went to set up the projector so he could show his slides of the rooms to the panel.

“Ahem, ladies and...ladies” he started off quietly until nl gave him a stern look. “Ladies, may I present my vision of a luxury Hobbit hole.” he took his hat off with a flourish and bowed as the lights dimmed.

The plans appeared on the screen.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/mi ... 2f0c38.jpg
“Dear Bilbo, not everyone likes to live below ground like hobbits and dwarves.” Calma pointed out kindly.

“Yes, my lady, I know some folk are strange but if you just bear with me..” he nodded to nl for the next slide.

“My hobbit hole is unlike any other. It is both pleasing to the eye and very functional too.”

Image “This is the exterior view, as you arrive at this stately mansion..hole.”

Image “This is the front door which allows for all races and heights to enter.”

Image “This is the sitting room in which to relax after a long journey, perhaps enjoy an old Wynyard or tow by the fireplace.”

Image “The heart of any hobbit hole is the kitchen as you may be aware, we love our food and this spacious and well proportioned kitchen is good for an intimate dinner or a horde of hungry uninvited dwarves...”

Image “After dinner perhaps a quiet read in the study, pouring over old maps or a sing-a-long with aforementioned dwarves...”

nl scowled at him and moved to the next slide.

“Um yes, but if you are staying the night, we have a choice of two cosy sized rooms to lay your weary head. Oh I think Gandalf has already taken that room.”

“The view from the upstairs bedroom is as fine as any you'd see in Hobbiton...”

A strange slide appeared. Image
“What??? That's not...can you please remove that slide, notlistening...” it was his turn to scowl at her. The right slide appeared.

“As I was saying...the view from the upstairs bedroom is as fine as any you'd see in Hobbiton. In fact the only one, as there are no two story holes in Hobbiton.”

“Of course we have the finest plumbing in the West Farthing to keep the bath brimming with warm water for a long soak after a hard day's walk.”

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/mi ... 2f0c38.jpg“Or if you're in the mood for more of a swim, then the pool may suit your needs as little better.”

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/mi ... 4dd2e5.jpg
“And finally, for a place for quiet contemplation and a pipe full of Old Toby, I recommend the back yard as it offers a lovely view over Bag End...or would if I could afford to build such a place.”

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/mi ... 84366f.jpg
“I'd like to thank you for your consideration and general niceness.” He ended awkwardly, bowing deeply as the last slide faded from view. As the lights came up he put his hat back on his head and almost ran from the hall. Nl thought he might be about to loose his lunch again.

"I thought that went well." The Scribe said, from where she lounged in the doorway.

"Not bad. Hey did you slip in that Christmas picture of Mal's crew??"

The Scribe looked wounded. "As if I'd stoop to something so low as to sabotage a helpless little hobbit's class project. But I bet I know who would..."

"It was Mal." They both said together.

nl sighed. "I'll deal with hiom later. Want to get a drink?"

"You buying?" the Scribe asked, falling in step with nl.

"I think it's your turn..." nl told her.

"What? I bought last U-day...I think there's a problem with your brain being missing." Scribbles said, throwing an arm around her shoulder.
Last edited by notlistening on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fluffy guarding the TVM.
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby siddharth » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:57 pm

"Done!" Hurried in Sauron, all messy and covered in paint.
"Already? That seems too quick." Sidd appeared skeptical, but Norda pacified her brother.

"Come on then. Let's go, show'em what you've got." Sidd said as he wore his shirt. "I do hope you've got something." Yes, he was still doubtful.

For some reason not known yet to either of the two, Sauron picked up a Wolf-like hairstyle and claws. Metal claws on his arms.And he wore a very rugged jacket and jeans.

The four of them entered the dining hall where the judges sat like Queens. Sauron with complete majesty and grace bowed to them, went forward placed his album in front of them, bowed again and straightened.

"A Good morning Ladies." He began. "As you can see, I have finished my second task; which was to design a house of my dreams. So I have painted every nook and corner of the house I dream in that big album. Please have a look at them, if you may. Some of those paintings MAY actually look like photographs. But I assure you ma'ams that those are paintings. You can still smell it's fragrance." He finally stopped from his monologue to catch a breath.

"I'd be grateful if someone actually made him talk less and show more." Whispered Sidd, only to be elbowed by Norda.

"But Lord Sauron, what IS your house of dreams, would you tell us? A simple cottage, a hobbit-hole, Elven-palaces?" Calma asked.

Sauron laughed a good long laugh. "Nay, Lady! Such mere thinks have no effect on me. Things which will soon be forgotten. But my plans? *chuckle* You will see for yourself, for they are fairer designs than the fairest in Middle-earth. Please look inside. I know the sequence by heart and can explain each painting I have drawn."

Calma, Sable and Rowan opened the pages together.

"So let me start from the Overview. The house of my dreams will be a Tower. A Castle that can hold my stature on it's own. As shown, it would be dark, misty and of course with my trademark Eye-lighting at the roof. I also would have some dead trees in front. The surroundings come so alive with dead trunks and such.
Next up, we climb the stairs. There should be about 800 stairs, for in front of tired visitors I would look even more superior to them! So onwards, we come to the Black Gate. Those Troll-statues would lovely. I think they will attract more visitors, seeing how beautiful they look."

"And why the Wolf, Sir?" Lady Sable inquired.

"Well that concerns me. I am a shape-shifter as some would know. I can change into a were-wolf when I want. That's also how I got my other name: Wolverine." ;) Sauron gave a cheeky wink.

"Nice!" Rowan commented. "This painting, I mean."

"So next." Sauron continued. "We come to my Main-door. It would just be artistically carved. But the crown would be that Balrog-Bell. You just pull that string and the calling-bell would roar. We proceed to the Drawing Room with all those comfy sofas and all. Yes, those are Were-wolf-skins that you see. Very rare. And *tears well up in his eyes* that's the portrait of my beloved. My only Soul-mate. *sob* Pity we could not hang out much longer. *shrugs away the sadness* Uhhhm. Okay, next you have to get refreshed and cleaned. So there would be this exotic Bathroom. After that we head on for some fun. So here is the Archery Range. If you know my sentiments, you know why that painting is what it is. And so will you in this Boxing-practice room.
Oh yes! After that comes Swimming! So I will also have this beautiful pool for me to relax."

"Um, I have to say. That looks unique ... though .... I won't say I would have a swim in that pool." Calma said. Sauron's eyes flashed up (he doesn't like disagreeing people afterall!). " It looks superb from afar." She managed to say.

Sauron composed himself and continued ... " So after that comes a stroll in my garden. I haven't had the time to draw all the specifics yet. But I managed to put in this mini-farm I would have inside the garden, where Drooly (my butler) could sell veggies! And this would be my Garage-cum-experimentation house, somwhat afar I know. Also here, though I don't condone what harm they did to me,but I do find Ents pretty cute. So I plan to have an Ent-Gardener."

"Wooow! That is so cute!" Sable exclaimed.

Pleased with himself, Sauron went on. "Now approaching dinner. We need the dining Hall. But I figured, with me living all alone in that Castle, I need some company. ATLEAST on the dining table. So I placed a few of these chaps too, they look so happy.
And finally, after all the thrill-seeking throughout the day. We come to the Bedroom where you can rest in four-poster beds in rooms designed in Victorian-age style and have the sweetest dreams you couldn't have anywhere else in Middle-earth. So, madames. That concludes it -"

"Wait! There's more. What's this?" Sable held out the last loose sheet.

"Oh yaah! I forgot about it. That's just another painting I made of my castle. And it was too beautiful to not include in this."

"It's beautifully drawn." Calma replied. "Thank you, Sauron m'lord. For showing the house of your fantasies."

"Thank you mademoiselles for your considerations. I do appreciate your efforts very much. I have presents for thee, which I shall send soon. Adieu!" He bowed and strolled away.

"What do you think?" Norda asked as Sidd and she followed after him,
"I really don't think that could be ANYBODY's house of dreams." Sidd laughed. "But I think he nailed it in his own way."
"Yep. Good job Sauron, well done!"
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Gwaihir was next to present his plans for the house, Robin in tow.

"Thank you for having me. My eyries are quite simple in construction, but you are better in houses, so I have done some plans I am sure will be pleasing to you."

Robin came in behind, ready to show the pictures.

"I have planned a mountain chalet, a resort near a ski center."

http://cdn.freshome.com/wp-content/uplo ... 00x533.jpg

"First stop, the living room. A spacious place fit for a king."

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/ ... chalet.jpg

"And the view! Here is a view from the front,"

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/ ... chalet.jpg

"And from another side, you see clearly the beacons of Gondor, beautiful when lit."

http://theathleticnerd.com/wp-content/u ... re-Lit.jpg

"The kitchen is spacious, with an empty-sky freeness, and fit for culinary masterpieces."

http://movingmountains.com/images/stori ... /4/4_2.jpg

"To the back, the bedroom is spacious and quiet, good for a good night's rest."

http://www.zomdai.com/luxurious-mountai ... n-ceiling/

"And upstairs, the rec room, with plenty of time to play pool."

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_olUeUmi4NwI/T ... C_1048.JPG

"And did I mention it is, as you humans say, a hop, skip and a jump away from a ski lodge."

http://pointsprofessionals.com/yahoo_si ... 793859.jpg

"A beautiful diversion to meet your fancy, and the chalet is set for your heart's delight."

Robin was singing in the background, but his song made the Eagle sigh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTWpbSHwVjw

"Was that necessary?" he said to Robin as they walked away from the judges after their presentaion.

"Gives atmosphere." said the hobbit.

Party! Party!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby BagginsGirl » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Pippin took a few steps back and admired his work. " Just wait till Merry see's this!"

B-Girl smiled. " I think Merry would be jealous of a place like this. But its the judges,not Merry, you need to impress."

Pippin looked up at B-Girl, " Do you think they'll like it?"

"There's only one way to find out." B-Girl winked. " Let's show the judges!"

Pippin walked into the judges hall smoking his pipe. B-Girl snatched the pipe from Pippin's mouth and throw it over her shoulder.

"Manners" She whispered. " No smoking in doors."

Pippin looked hurt for a moment but recovered very quickly. He happily trotted up to the judges, bowed and began: " Good evening, judges. I put together a lovely display to showcase my dream house! Here is the house. Its a hobbit hole with a........" His voice trailed off and he looked to be B-Girl for help. She quickly mouthed a few words to him then he smiled.

" Right," He smiled. " Its a hobbit hole with a modern twist."He put emphasis on modern and twist. "Next is the dinning room its yellow and green because those are my favorite colors.Then the living room, see the rounded door! Very cozy. Then is the bathroom, I'm particularly fond of the tub. Its a great tub to sing in while you bathe. My favorite song to sing is...."

"Pippin focus!!" B-girl murmured under her breath.

"Anyway," Pippin continued back on track. " Then the bedroom its nice and colorful. And my favorite room, the wine cellar which is were I'd store the Green Dragon's finest brew. Well, there it is. My dream house. I hope you liked it. I know I did"

Pippin bowed and B-Girl curtsied for the judges and then began walking out of the room.

"I'd say that went well. And, for the most part, you stuck to the script. Good job,Pip"

"Thank you. I think it helped to rehearse. Is there enough time for a snack, or maybe a meal before the next task? I'm starving!"
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby SimplySable » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Sable looks at all the details of the submissions from the contestant and whispers a few comments to Calma.
"Good job by all. I would say. Hard decision we have here, right?" she smiles at the other two women.

Cocking her head to the side she arranges and rearranges the example photos trying to decide which she likes best.
SimplySable
Rider of the Mark

Location: Third star to the right and straight on til morning...

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:47 am

Tooks was awakened by the silence. The hammering and sawing had stopped!!!
Aragorn was finished with his house!!!

She ran off to view the masterpiece.......

:? :shock: :?

Tooks hoped he got some points for creativity.....

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Calma » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 am

"Oh my..." Calma looked at Aragorn's creation..."A Tazarak."
She looked around for the King of the Goblins and really hoped he would look like David Bowie
Not the fat guy in the Hobbit.
Image HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 89
:x Losses: 73

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Melwa » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:02 pm

"You're sure you can control this contraption?" Eowyn's expression reflected her skepticism.

"Yes, she can." Faramir replied. "It was just the opening of many tabs to find materials that froze the laptop. Now that we're just showing one at a time, it will be fine."

"I still like that design with the waterfalls underneath, and the one with framing waterfalls." Melly sighed. "But you're right, none of us were good at drawing waterfalls. This design is lovely."

"My only concern is that we have not paid the same attention to inside detail as other contestants. Oh, it's my turn." Faramir strode to the center of the room to make his introduction while Melwa attached her laptop to the projector. "My ladies. No building plan is complete without considering the setting. Will that bay window give a view of the sea . . . or the back fence? I invite you to consider in my design, not only the building, but the imagined location." Faramir continued to narrate as the slides clicked through.

"The painter's version. Observe the references to ancient castle design, yet sturdy furnished with modern luxuries.

The nearby mountain provides almost as good a view as the towers. As you can see, the town in the background is near enough to visit easily.

With both evergreen and deciduous trees surrounding the castle, the forest's beauty is not marred by changing seasons.

Ah, but you are impatient to see the indoor splendors! This is the Great Hall. Here, I would do most of my business from day to day. Greeting ambassadors, settling arguments, Et cetera.

This is the Dining Hall. I found myself unable to draw the type of table I envision, so I focused on the empty room.

And last, but don't mention it, is the secret tunnel system. In addition to the obvious security reasons for such a system, it is nice for when you feel the need to get away from everyone for a few hours."

The screen clicked to black. "That is all, ladies. I hope you enjoy. I will look forward to getting to know you more on a personal level next week."
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:25 am

"Nassty li'l preciousses, always taking advantage of us. Poor poor Smeagol! .... blah ... blah .... That devil of a girl buttersss uss up. You're too ssweet, they says! .... blah ... blah .... Take this week's giftsess to them ladiesss of MOME they sayss ... Take the giftss to them? Why us, preciousss? Why is it always ussss? ... grumble ... grumble .... Gollum! Gollum! We must keep calm preshush. Otherwise they wouldn't give usss those boxes full of wormsess! Ach no! We must be the good Smeagol to present the good giftsess to those good ladies, preciousss! .... blah ... blah ... blah ..."

And so Gollum strolled along with a big green sack of whoknowswhat, grumbling and complaining, as is his way.

When he finally reached the Royal suites on the third floor, first he knocked on a door on which was engraved: "RESERVED. FOR MOME-2013 MC, LADY ROWAN".The bolt clicked and the door opened. It was Rowan herself standing
there. "Ah, Gollum? Why hello. What brings you here?" Gollum put on his most charming and cutest
smile
"Good mornin', preciousss. Our student Sssauron sends you hissssssss ...." the shrill hissing was too sharp and Rowan covered her ears... "complimentsess. So we has bring you a small preciouss." Like Santa his hand went into the bag and brought out a box carrying a ring.
"He sents you a Golden preciousss with Emerald and diamondses in it."

After Rowan had thanked Gollum for the present he headed off and knocked on another door which said: "RESERVED. FOR MOME-JUDGE, LADY SABLE". The door opened and Sable came into view. She first looked around and was
surprised to see no one around. Then just as she was heading off, she heard a loud hiss from the ground and then Gollum came into view. With his ever pleasant smile,
as always.

"Good morningsess, judgesss. Our sstudent, Sauron sends you hissss complimentses and this birthd.. um ... presentses." And again he brought out a Blue velvet box and opened it to present a set of the most beautiful earrings in all of Middle earth.
And when Sable had said her thanks, he next knocked on the door saying:
"RESERVED. FOR MOME-JUDGE, LADY CALMA".
And Calma came out. She whistled loud when she saw Gollum. "What a surprise, Smeagol! What can I do?"
"Oh nothing preciouss! *chuckles* We means, you can do uss a favors and kills that ssstoopid Sssid. But you won't, we knows. But my sstudent, Ssauron the deciever (and he emphasised that last word) sendses you
giftses and complimentses."
And he brought out from the bag one of Middle-earth's most beautiful jewels, made by the Vala Ulmo himself, a
Sea-dragon necklace. Of what it was made, no one knew. Calma was astoudned for a few seconds. And when she finally gained conciousness, she took
the necklace graciously with a thanks.Gollum was about to leave when Calma called back to him.
"Hey, Smeagol? It must have been exhausting to bring all those gifts up here. Would you like to have a cup of tea with me ... us? With me and Archie?" She
smiled warmly.

"Tea? What's tea, preciouss? We hopes it's not a nassty elf-bread?"
"Nothing like that. It's just the finest brew on earth that you can imagine" Calma said.
"Doesn't hurt to try ..." And the two went in ... =:)
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby SimplySable » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:00 pm

"Well look here at this lovely brib....er present Gollum delivered for their contestant." she grins at Anthony and Jean-Phillipe showing them the lovely earrings.
"Do you know what this means?" she grinned wickedly at the pair.
Both inwardly groaned but outwardly gave the dark haired woman a smile that made up for the fee they were collecting.
"Shopping?" they asked in unison
"Right on the nose. I need a lovely dress to wear with these." she gently strokes the stones of the earrings.
At the store the men sat as comfortable as possible while Sable tried on dresses.
"Ok gentlemen, shall it be flirty..."

"Shiney...."

"Or just plain sexy?"

She said as she modeled each dress.

"Well, they are all as lovely as the lady wearing them." Anthony said clearing his throat wracking his brain for just the right answer.

"I would have a hard time picking. They all..."

"RIGHT!!! I'll Just get them ALL!!! You two are just so clever." she giggled and went to change back into her street clothes and pay for her purchases.

"Now...how about some ice cream before we adjourn to our rooms?" the trio wandered until they found just the right ice cream shoppe.

SimplySable
Rider of the Mark

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:11 pm

"oof" Tooks grunted. "Bathing suit. Spa.... Aragorn doesn't do that stuff."

She sighed. Deeply. This was going to take a lot of work.

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby notlistening » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:23 pm

"Hobbits don't spa." Bilbo said, folding his arms in finality.

"Never ever?" nl asked, sorting through Bilbo's trunk for his swimmers.

"Nope. Not. Never." Bilbo told them.

"So you didn't bring your "bathing" suit?" Mal decided to weigh in on the conversation because he was bored. He winked at teh Scribe.

"What part of never are you not understanding?" Bilbo sighed and went back to his elevenses.

"So nude it is." Scribbles grinned, lounging in the doorway, her hand on the hilt of her sword.

"What? NO!" Bilbo spat his tea all over the carpet. "Let's not be hasty..."

Fluffy guarding the TVM.
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:37 pm

Spa? Swimwear? Manwë's Feathers, I'm an eagle! I don't swim! They have me confused with somebody else. Like that poor flightless bird who could only swim, not fly. I miss him so, as he was tossed off a sleigh to his death!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnuGi0P6-qc

"That's terrible, Gwaihir!" said Robin. "Did you ever find him?"

"Just a crater where he hit. A few feathers. And where will you find a swimsuit that will fit me???"

"We'll have to try and find something."

"I'll look ridiculous, to be sure! The laughingstock of the Eagles. I've never worn anything except that golden collar and crown."

"It'll go all right."

"I hope so."

Party! Party!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:58 am

“What is THAT?” Aragorn asked in astonishment.

“A cardboard cutout,” Tooks answered.

“Wha..? Of what? Who?”

“Um…that’s your body double.”

“It doesn’t look anything like my body.”

“Nobody else knows that. I hope. You haven’t been… visiting the judges, have you?”

“Of course not. I’m a married man.”

“Good…good…. So see, here’s what we are going to do…”

Tooks lowered her voice and whispered her plans to her contestant….

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:12 am

“Okay, you need to stay on the fringes of the activity,” Tooks informed her contestant.

She set up the cardboard cutout and positioned Aragorn behind it.

“But…I can’t move,” he protested.

“Um, that’s true. But maybe nobody will notice.”

“Really? I’m a man of action, after all.”

“Since this is a spa, maybe they’ll think you are chilling out.”

“Chilling..what??”

“Erm, nevermind. Just stand there. And look handsome.”

Aragorn looking handsome.

As she hurried away Tooks saw the free bar and made a turn towards it…..

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby siddharth » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:18 am

"I have arranged a special entrance - again - for Sauron. In the pool this time. And what's more, it was all Gollum's idea." Sidd said to Norda.
"But what is it?"
"Just wait and see - don't give me that look! You'll be pleasantly surprised! It has a thrill to it"
Norda's eyes grew in size.
Sidd gave a loud laughter. "What's more, even Sauron's comfortable with it. You know concepts like war and battles. It's easier to make him understand like that." ;)
"You still speak in riddles! But hey, I hear Sauron coming. Let's dress up too, so that he isn't late because of us. Where's Gollum ...?"

A few minutes later ...

The trio of Norda, Gollum and Sidd were posing for pictures in their swimwear while still awaiting for Sauron ...
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby BagginsGirl » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:52 pm

" A spa?!?" B-Girl squealed. " Oh this will be fun!! A pool?!! I love swimming!! And a tiki bar?! Oh it just gets better! Pippin we going to really enjoy this week! "

" A spa?" Pippin asked confused. " What are we going to do at a spa?"

"What aren't we going to do? Manicures, pedicures, massages, facials, saunas-sounds fun huh?"

" Will there be food?"

"Uh, well I'm sure they'll be some small refreshments at the spa. You know juice, smoothies, fresh fruit things like that. But the pool and tiki bar will have more."

" I assume we'll spend time at the pool,more then the spa?"

B-girl sighed, " If you want to . But I'd really like to at least get a massage and facial and maybe..."

Pippin's stomach growled loudly and interrupted B-Girl.

"Alright, let's check out what's being served at the pool. But don't eat to much, you still have to model your bathing suit."
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cock-Robin » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Gwaihir had already delivered his bribes...gifts when he arrived, and hoped they liked them. In addition, he sent some small tokens of his esteem to their rooms to add to his earlier gifts.

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/dimju ... ground.jpg

He now arrived to present a travelogue to his third challenge.

"You asked me to have me at a spa, and I have done my best to present something fitting."

Welcome to the Brown Eagle Spa, where all sorts of delights await you:

http://www.browneaglespa.com/www.browne ... G_1466.jpg

It is where I can relax,"

He posed for them,

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7298/9209 ... ecbc_z.jpg

And have a massage, or give one,

http://mickibphotography.smugmug.com/Na ... sage-L.jpg

And even have a swim.

And now I pose for you and the photographers."

http://scottfillmer.files.wordpress.com ... .jpg?w=960

I hope you liked your visit to my spa."

Party! Party!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby siddharth » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:53 pm

"Bu-bu-but I am telling you, I am not accustomed with pools! Why can't we go straight to the spa?" Sauron stumbled as he finally came into public view in his swimwear.

"And I tell you again, you have to swim the pool. It'll just fetch extra points. Now go! There. That's the diving platform. Show them what you got!"

Sauron slowly , very slowly climbed to the diving platform and looked down.
"I can't jump that. It's a lot of hei--" sauron was cut short as Sidd pushed him over the edge.

Quite unbelievably, Sauron pulled off some incredible stunts mid-way before neatly entering into the pool. Without a splash.
The audience who had gathered around were ecstatic and they burst into applauds, claps and whistles.
Sauron came back to the surface and was making for the edge when the MOME-speciality, inbuilt pool-waves crashed on him. He swam with agility till the waves died.

He was about to come up the edge and out of the pool when he halted. He looked down and started searching around. Soon, in panic he signaled Sidd to come closer.

" Have you seen my swimming trunks?!!! I can't find them. I am naked!!"

"Shhh, calm down and smile to them as if nothing has happened. I'll try get you some clothes, meanwhile you keep swimming
to not arouse suspicion, yes? good" Sidd went away in search of clothes.

Sauron kept swimming from one end to another. One time, when he reached one ends of the pool, there he found a water-proof switch-board. Inquisitive he started pushing the buttons. The waves formed from one of them. Then came bubbles from another button. And yet another button turned the pool into a fragrant lotus-bath. And with yet another button, he felt the pool warming up.

"This is cool! Ha! Wow, the warm water does feel nice." But peace never lasts long. No button could stop the continuous heating of the pool. Sauron was becoming redder and redder by the minute. He cursed Sidd for taking so long.
Finally it was beyond limit, and unable to withstand the heat any longer he got up with a cry. and just then, Sidd appeared and threw down a towel.

" That's just for emergency! Wear that and come out. I'll find you some trunks by then."
Sauron put on the towel and came out. Sidd gave him the new trousers and he began changing.

"What er y'all lookin' at, huh?" sauron shouted at those around watching him change, irritated.

"Calm down. Alright? Time for the spaaaaah! And there'd be foooood!"

Sauron heaved a deep sigh and followed Sidd into the bar.

They had the most heavenly massage they ever had, he was back in good mood.

"I'm hungry Sidd. Let's look at the menus they've got here. Shall we...?"

-----------

Meanwhile, in the kitchen

Someone's busy just before the MOME-13 Dinner-Party.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby SimplySable » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Sable is innocently watching the contestants with admiration. Taking notes to be reviewed later.

Suddenly with a duo deep chuckle she feels herself being bodily lifted from her resting place....

And unceremoniously dumped into the water.

Those guys do not know just what they started....mawahahaha
SimplySable
Rider of the Mark

Postby notlistening » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:46 pm

“Bilbo, we’re waiting...” nl said, tapping her wedge heeled sandal on the hardwood floor.

“Yes, yes. I’m getting there. The straps are...problematic...” Bilbo’s voice came through the door along with grunts and a loud thump. “I’m okay!”

“Straps?” nl turned to her friends. “You didn’t get him a mankini, did you?” she frowned at Mal and Cornelius in turn.

“No way. They are just plain wrong.” Mal told her, tossing his towel over his shoulder. It was suspiciously yellow, so nl figured he’d borrowed it from Tooks’s stash.

The door opened and Bilbo came out, dressed in a nice nineteen twenties neck to knee suit.

Nl raised an eyebrow. The Scribe hid her laugh beneath a cough. Mal just grinned and Cornelius went forward to adjust the “problematic” straps on his shoulder.

“You look very...nice.” nl said, handing him his red towel.

“Wholesome.” The Scribe agreed.

“How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?” Bilbo said, preening in front of the mirror.

“Man walks down the street in that outfit; people know he's not afraid of anything.” Mal told him, draping an arm around his shoulder. “Now let’s get out there and…wow the judges.”

Team Bilbo headed down to the pool and spa area. He tried to duck back into their assigned cabana a few times and finally Mal had to forcibly heave the reluctant hobbit out into the sunlight. A smattering of applause perked the hobbit up. No one dared laugh as the Scribe had drawn her broadsword, the blade glinting in the bright sunlight.

Bilbo walked confidently towards the judges table, did a little twirl then climbed into the spa. It was up to his chin and the bubbles were tickling his nose a bit. He wasn’t sure what else he was supposed to do so he splashed about a little, wetting Aragorn in the process.

“Sorry.” He gulped and tried to sink out of sight.

“Well, we're headed for a win... right?” nl whispered to the Scribe. “That outfit wasn’t a total disaster, was it.”

“Mal will come up with a plan if he doesn’t.” She told them.

“That's good. Right?” Cornelius asked, watching some of the other swimsuit clad contestants arrive.

“Possibly you're not recalling some of his previous plans.” Scribbles winked at Mal.

“Hey. I’m right here...!” Mal complained. “Everyone’s always making a fuss...” he huffed and went to find the drinks table.

Fluffy guarding the TVM.
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby Melwa » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 pm

“I finally got the beach ball inflated. Are those things supposed to be child-proof, or what?” Melwa walked into the neighboring suite. Eowyn laughed and shook her head. Melly’s grin froze. “Uh . . . Is that your bathing suit, Faramir??

“Yes. Why, is something wrong with it?”

“Well,” Melwa fidgeted. “Not wrong, but, well, I think the judges were expecting something more . . . Interesting. Black and white is so plain!”

“As I understand it, the point of this contest is to display abs, not taste in neon swimsuit patterns. And I notice you aren‘t going for shock value yourself.” Faramir said, noting Melwa’s suit with approval.

“He doesn’t have another one, so it’ll have to do, Melwa.” Eowyn joined in. “And at least we match colorwise. Now, who’s going to the spa, and who’s heading for the pool?”

“Pool for me. Spa?” Faramir made an extremely undignified face. “You two can go without me!”

“I’ve never been to a spa before, so I’m leaning towards the pool,” Melwa replied.

“Oh, spas can be fun, dear. Perhaps just a manicure after some time in the pool?” Eowyn linked her arm through her husband’s. “I have no intention of letting you wander into a crowd of gawking females by yourself!”

They had a great time at the pool.
http://www.upstateramblings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/dailys-4_thumb.jpg
http://photo.pixmac.com/4/man-and-woman-embraced-in-swimming-pool-_-c_15-pixmac-photo-87986574.jpg

Then they sampled the nearby snacks. Melwa’s favorite was the peanut butter pretzels, Faramir liked the Triscuts(“These would be great on a trip!”), and Eowyn loved the iced tea.

Eowyn and Melwa wandered off for manicures, while Faramir jumped into a game of pool-capture-the-flag that was forming. “Don’t forget,” Melwa admonished, “you need to head back to our rooms in a couple hours to get ready for the awards ceremony. We’ll drop the “farewell gifts” off on our way back from the manicure. And,” her voice sunk to a whisper, “try to get in some discussions with the judges. They’ll like that.”

(Gift for Rowan- tag says "To remind you of your trip to Middle-Earth")
(Gift for Calma - tag says "A view from my home. Come visit anytime!")
(Gift for Sable - tag says "May it be - oh, you get the idea. ;-)")
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby notlistening » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:33 pm

“So what’s next?” Bilbo asked, tucking into his afternoon tea.

“Just the ball so you can relax and just look your best.” Nl told him, pouring the Twinings Lady Grey, brewed to perfection.

“Are you insinuating that I don’t always look good?” Bilbo said, mid bite, the mini quiche halfway to his mouth.

“Oh no. You look fabulous. All the time. 24/7...” nl agreed quickly, handing him a buttered scone smothered in jam. “Really...” She turned to Mal “Is there any way I'm gonna get out of this with honour and dignity?

“You're pretty much down to ritual suicide, lambie-toes.” Mal told her with a grin.

“Great. You’re such a help.”

“I am actually. I’ve just delivered the latest batch of bri...goodies to the judges.” He kissed the top of her head. " Earrings are for Sable."Image
This Image Bracelet is for Rowanberry. And last but not least these Image earrings are for Calma.” Mal sat down, crossing his booted feet on the table. “So now who’s the best?”

“That would be you.” Bilbo said, toasting Mal with his tea.

Fluffy guarding the TVM.
notlistening
wandering not lost

Postby siddharth » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:32 am

As the four of them made their way through the grand corridors of the Tower of Osgilliath towards the Main-hall, Sidd could not help it but kept thinking about the final bribe... um not bribes, gift really. Yes, the final Gift. The parting gift for the judges. He did not know what it was as Sauron had volunteered to prepare it himself.
The four of them paused in front of the ladies of MOME and three of them bowed gracefully. Of course, Gollum was but still too occupied trying to figure out the use of buttons, as he had finally worn a coat and a shirt for the occasion.

Sauron had come in his 2nd Age armor. The group thought it was finally the right time to reveal the true splendor of the Ruler of half of Middle-earth.
Sidd and Norda had chosen simple but effective clothes, as the occasion requires.

Sauron climbed up the stairs and began. " Evening, O beautiful mademoiselles, alas. This magical time is nigh to an end. It has been a very entertaining contest for me. I am glad indeed, that though I once wrought destruction on this little city and yet the people still seem to like me here. A heartfelt thanks to you three, and as a parting gift I have something for you."

He snapped his fingers thrice. And a murmur went throughout the room. The Great Doors opened and in came a band of about 15 Orcs. They were carrying a huge round Box, speaking gibberish as they came. The crowd stepped back from them as far as they could. The orcs climbed up the stairs and stopped right beside Sauron.

"Ladies, I present ..."

Sauron opened the lid.

"the finest desserts from all around the world! Whether they be chocolates or puddings or sandeshes or pastries or pies or crumbles and everything sweet.”

The view from above.
He waited for the judges to take grasp of the thing (of the size of a three huge barrels) in front of them.

“ Please do taste them. And I hope you like them. Hopefully, we will meet again here if I win.” He bowed and came near Sidd who was busy filling himself.

“Just so you know, Sidd. If I don’t win this thing, you are gonna give that Ring to me. And not Gollum.”
”But. But I promised him! That’d be cruel!”
Sauron wrapped Sidd’s head in his arm. “I am not going away from this with nothing! If anything else, I will have some token of my precious ring. The ring was mine, not his. Clear?”

Sidd felt the veins in his neck starting to burst. “Right, right! I shall give it to you … if you win nothing!”

Sauron smiled. “Good!” and left the place in search for any Oliphaunt delicacies.

Worried now about the turn of events, Sidd with his plate full of delicious eatables went towards the empty seats for some time alone. There was plenty of time before the ceremony starts.

Suddenly he caught a glimpse of Melly, sitting alone among the seats. He approached her with a smile and sat down beside her, pumping himself up for the show!
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:11 am

"At least I'm a bit more comfortable in this outfit," Aragorn sighed.

"Yea, you wore it to the movie premier," Tooks nodded. "It still fits good."

"I haven't had much chance to eat this month. Will the food be good?"

"Um....well. Sure! The food will be great."

Tooks rolled her eyes as they headed out the door...

;)

here!!!

Tookish_Traveler
Party-monger

Postby BagginsGirl » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:35 pm

B-Girl crossed her arms. "That is not the outfit I picked out for you."

"No, " Pippin answered. " But I don't want to go swimming. So I'm going in this." Pippin crossed his arms.

"Hobbits......" B-Girl muttered. "Fine, but you have to go to the pool. You don't need to swim just hang out at the tiki bar, get a smoothie, play limbo, get a massage. Oh, and say hi to the judges!"

Pippin nodded and walked off. Leaving B-Girl time to get a manicure.
"Well, not quite what I had in mind.........but it works."

So, she went to get a facial.

Meanwhile, Pippin spent the whole time eating and enjoying the view. Until he noticed a group of hula dancers and joined in!

B-girl watched Pippin dance for awhile. And then decided to give the judges some yummy tropical drinks and leis.
"I hope you all enjoy the smoothies and like the leis, Pippin and I made the leis ourselves."

B-girl smiled at the judges and then found a cozy spot to watch Pippin hula.
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby Cock-Robin » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:00 am

Gwaihir had Robin deliver some final bri...er...gifts to the judges before the ball began. He decided to do some healthy stuff instead of some others.

First, was a fruit basket:

along with a veggie tray:

"I don't eat that rabbit food myself, but humans just go gaga about it." Gwaihir said to Robin. "I prefer a nice sheep myself."

"True, but I dig it!" said Robin. I think they'll really enjoy this."

Party! Party!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Melwa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:03 pm

When the girls returned to their rooms, Eowyn found Faramir was having his own personal "spa." Eowyn showered off in the suite's other shower and got into her gown. Melwa knocked on the door, and asked if Eowyn would help her with her hair. Melly's dress was on, but her hair definitely needed work.

After Melwa was all ready, they checked on Faramir's progress. "You can't wear that! You're not going home until AFTER the ceremony! You need to dress formally in case you win an award!"

"Besides," Eowyn added, "Think what the racoons would do if they saw you in that hat." Faramir sighed, nodded, and turned away to take off his comfortable clothes.

They were almost out of time, so Melwa hurried off to secure seats for them, while Eowyn went for a simple hairdo. Faramir emerged, much more appropriately dressed, and together they followed in the footsteps of their sponsor.

They found her deep in conversation with a studious looking young man. "I've barely seen you all month! How are you? What's it like being in such close quarters with Gollum and Sauron? Who do you think will win the awards?"

"Isn't that the sponsor for the Dark Lord?" whispered Eowyn.

"I think so," her husband replied. "I suppose all our sponsors know each other. They meet here every year, after all. What would you say to getting some snack plates, since we appear to be early? It looks like Melwa is too busy reserving our seats to get any for herself." He waved at Melly, and indicated with his hand that they would be there soon. She nodded, and turned back to her companion.
Last edited by Melwa on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melwa
Ranger of the North

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and Media: Tolkien