Question: Scenes were limbs are amputated

What do you think of Tolkien on the silver screen...? Whether Bakshi, Jackson, or whoever else, come on in and discuss your reflections, opinions, and memories...

Question: Scenes were limbs are amputated

Postby lifestraw » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi, sory for my bad english, i only remember in the fellowship of ..... the scene were Aragorn revenge Boromir and cut an uruk-hai do you remember another scenes in the 3 films? thank you
lifestraw
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Question: Scenes were limbs are amputated

Postby lifestraw » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:37 pm

it´s not a really dificult question, can someone help me? thank you
lifestraw

Postby lifestraw » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:28 am

hey friends, I´m still waiting for an answers, please, anyone?
lifestraw

Postby heliona » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:38 am

Limb amputation is not something I've thought about when watching the films, and I doubt anyone else has, either.

To answer your question, I suspect everyone would have to watch the films again for that specific purpose and count the occurrences, which wouldn't be very enjoyable and a bit pointless for us: nine hours of watching films to answer someone else's question is a bit of a stretch to ask someone to do, and I doubt anyone is going to do that - is there a reason why you can't do that yourself? :?

Also, why on earth would you want to know this? Seems like an odd thing to ask! :P
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby jimmyaustin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Poor Lifestraw--no respect for his/her question. (Though Helonia, your reply does make sense.) It occurs to me that lots of people (including me) have seen the movies so many times, we should be able to recall via memory, with no need for new viewings. I can see it as a trivia game.

As far as watching, I wouldn't mind breaking out the DVD's for LOTR. In part, to deal with the unpleasant taste of the Hobbit movies. After the goblin pinball scene in the first movie, I became disappointed. I never even bought my own copy of BOTFA, which I never would have predicted.

It's nice seeing Aidan Turner again, though (Poldark).
jimmyaustin
Shield Bearer

Postby Captain Boromir » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:16 pm

I don't know on all three films at the moment but in The Fellowship Of The Ring the Extended Edition. There is at least two other decapitation shots. Both happen in the Mines of Moria. One from Aragorn and the other from Boromir.
Captain Boromir
Citizen of Imladris

Return to Movies - Lord of the Rings