'The Lord Of The Rings': J.A. Bayona To Direct Amazon Series

What do you think of Tolkien on the silver screen...? Whether Bakshi, Jackson, Amazon, BBC radio play, or whoever else, come on in and discuss your reflections, opinions, and memories...

'The Lord Of The Rings': J.A. Bayona To Direct Amazon Series

Postby Otaku-sempai » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:02 am

Deadline and others have reported:
Amazon Studios’ high-profile The Lord of the Rings TV series has made a key hire. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom director Juan Antonio (J.A.) Bayona has been tapped to direct the first two episodes of the big-scope fantasy drama, following in the footsteps of Peter Jackson, who directed the feature adaptations of the classic J.R.R. Tolkien novels.
Last edited by Otaku-sempai on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otaku-sempai
Shield Bearer

Re: 'The Lord Of The Rings': J.A. Bayona To Direct Amazon Se

Postby Thor 'n' Oakenshield » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:10 am

It's exciting news - I'm interested to see what Bayona brings to the team. Also good to know that Gennifer Hutchison of Breaking Bad is involved with the screenwriting as well.
Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rider of the Mark

Re: 'The Lord Of The Rings': J.A. Bayona To Direct Amazon Se

Postby Witchwench » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:35 am

The only thing I have heard about it is that it is set in the Second Age because it seems they are keeping a tight lid on what they are going to do..

I hold my breath on anything Amazon attempts as far as original content goes..it always seems to be extremes, I love it: The Marvelous Mrs Maisel or I absolutely find it rubbish, Mad Dogs.

Hey , can I use the term "rubbish" if I'm not British..It is such an all encompassing good word. :D
Witchwench
Mariner

Return to Movies and Media: Tolkien