I have a question for you fine folks

From games based in Middle-earth, to the latest MMORPG, first person shooter, or strategy game, come on in and talk about the games you play!

I have a question for you fine folks

Postby Damaja-LotR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:05 am

Currently after many many years myself and 4 others are planning to start back playing AD&D. We were originally going to return to the world of Krynn in Dragonlance but have decided instead to move into the realm of Middle Earth. It would be a homegrown campaign, taking place AFTER the movies. The question myself and group have currently is .....

How could we start a campaign up AFTER the trilogy, but keep in in line with how the story has gone so far? We have wondered ... could we do a storyline where Sauron has plans to return once again although the ring was destroyed so we are not sure how to go about that.

We need a new storyline that keeps with the flavor of the story but we need a bad guy and a story to go along with it.

SO I ask you folks, if you did this how would you go about creating another epic storyline AFTER the trilogy ... one that stays with the LotR flavor but does not hurt the story at the same time.

We need a big bad guy again, Sauron or something else and then we need an epic story/quest to go along with it.

suggestions?
Damaja-LotR
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Weaverofwiles » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:47 am

This is an easy one. :)

Unfortunately, Sauron is no more. It would not be wise to claim that Gorthaur becomes a fallen Maia, and thus a Balrog. I am afraid you must let Sauron be ended forever.

You could have Melkor/Morgoth escape from the Void somehow before the Great End. I will not make any suggestions as to how this would come about but I do have my thoughts, several thoughts. There are a myriad of paths you could tread, my friend.
Weaverofwiles

Postby Damaja-LotR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:36 pm

I would love to hear them all :D

I love this world, I am of course not as educated on the minor aspects of it as I would like but again I would LOVE to hear any and all suggestions on how we could do the future of Middle Earth in an AD&D timeline.

Trust me ;)

I want to hear them all
Damaja-LotR

Postby Weaverofwiles » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:44 pm

In that case I suggest you add me to an instant messenging service and ask me directly.
Weaverofwiles

Postby Damaja-LotR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:09 pm

oh didn't know we could not talk about that stuff here :(

PS: I never bothered with any type of IM, I mostly used vent voice chat. Havent gamed much recently so shut all that down. If we cant talk about that pubically, shoot me a PM :D
Damaja-LotR

Postby Weaverofwiles » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Oh it's not about that, I just prefer it as IM considering waiting for replies is a pain in the rear end, if you catch my drift, as Sam would say.

I was hoping for a conversation rather than a chat and wait. I suggest MSN. :}
Weaverofwiles

Postby Damaja-LotR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:15 pm

bleh well that sucks because I have NEVER used any IM hehe but I do check my threads and emails every day several times a day. So shoot us some ideas ..... we be BEGGING for ideas.

email is James_fullard@hotmail.com
or just start havin fun right here hehe
Damaja-LotR

Postby Weaverofwiles » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:27 pm

Bah, you have an address, so just sign on add me and message me. (I'm incredibly impatient as you can notice.)
Weaverofwiles

Postby Damaja-LotR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:32 pm

yea I can tell, but have not downloaded it or nothin lol besides bout to hit the bed, getting late. Stop being a turd and throw me some ideas up :D

I wanna print em out and take em to work, let my group see what ideas you have. I am ashamed to say I have never read any of the books, My knowledge is based off of watching the extended movies a million times each hehe so how the story would likely proceed I have no clue.

anyways going to grab some sleep.

help a brotha out :)
Damaja-LotR

Postby Weaverofwiles » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:37 pm

That's pretty rude, help yourself then. =/ I'm no tool.
Weaverofwiles

Postby Damaja-LotR » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:43 pm

maybe I was doing my best to NOT be rude to you lol I simply asked for ideas, if you do not want to post any then shut up sheesh. me being rude? might be you trying to force someone to install MSn just so you can have your way, no thanks buddy. If I have to be YOUR tool just to find new ideas I would rather not do it at all.

shame I can't lock my own threads.
cya later

PS: go ahead, get the last word in lol I have already taken this thread off my bookmarks so I won't be checking it again.
Damaja-LotR

Postby The,real,Maeglin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:18 am

This is without a doubt one of the most funny threads i have read in ages here.

Almost like it was all set up or something :lol:
The,real,Maeglin
Ringbearer

Postby oldslow&stupid » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:03 am

Not wise to have Melkor escape, unless you plan on the total destruction of all Middle-earth.

Melkor, even in his state now, would be too powerful for all the remaining Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits and Men put together.

Best to find roving bands of orcs remaining, and if you want something a bit sturdier look to the exploration of Moria's deep places, or the far reaches north (Lake Evendim and Angmar), south (Near and Far Harad) or east, past the Sea of Rhun.

Wretched evil may still exist north, but to the east the Blue Wizards dwell, so some mission there may still exist, south there should only be men.
oldslow&stupid
Shield Bearer

Postby Emmaril Greenleaf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Okay, I'm not sure abou this, but I'll give it a shot:::

Remember the Orcs and Gobilns in Moria? The Books nor the Movied never really discussed what happened to them. Perhaps an alliance with some Southron leader to come back for revenger would work? Is there anyway to include a Dragon?

That is my suggestion to you.
Emmaril Greenleaf
Citizen of Imladris

Postby The Nightwalker » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:35 pm

You might be able to try the Orcs that are remaining banding together and trying to claim their own little area of Middle-Earth. It might be able to work :|
The Nightwalker

Return to Games (Tolkien and More)