World of Warcraft (where are you)

From games based in Middle-earth, to the latest MMORPG, first person shooter, or strategy game, come on in and talk about the games you play!

World of Warcraft (where are you)

Postby Bema » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:48 am

I get it. I have checked tolkienonline all over its forums and found very little about the game that I figured most fans of this website would play. If you have played WoW i'd like to hear your thoughts on the game. If you havent played I would like you to download the free trial lol its an amazing game that does borrow heavily from multiple worlds, LoTR the most I would imagine.

I dont want to be that guy that plugs something, but I just thought I would start a thread and see what our community thinks about my favorite game/hobby/job???

P.S.S If you do play post your server and char name, my main is named Dinadans on the Suramar server.
Bema
Rider of the Mark

Postby CaMinx » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:14 am

Been playing WOW for a while now and do love it. I have multiple characters
CaMinx
Rider of the Mark

Postby Thalue » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:13 am

I used to be very skeptical of World of Warcraft, thinking it was probably overrated and when I first saw some of my friends play it I wasn't impressed at all. that was in 2006. so I put the whole WoW-thing on ice for a few years, until I got every expansion set and everything for really cheap last year. I decided that since I got it so cheap, it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

I was instantly hooked. every bad thing I had assumed about it proved to be untrue, the game is pretty much the most perfect RPG I have had the pleasure to play.

the only "negative" thing I have to say about it, is that it's too hard to turn it off when you've started it. I'm not one of those people with a serious addiction to WoW, in fact, I had a hiatus on almost six months without a problem. it's just that if you sit down and play it one day, you don't wanna turn it off and do anything else for the rest of the day. and as a student I don't have the time to play WoW all day everyday.

I play on different RP-PVP servers, which I find to be the most rewarding servers as there's less "LOL n00b"-spamming on them.
Thalue
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Gandalf'sMother » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:28 am

Why don't you check out Lord of the Rings Online instead?

-GM
Gandalf'sMother
Ringbearer

Postby johnnyrunner » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Old thread but everyone's at Cataclysm now.. lol
johnnyrunner

Re: World of Warcraft (where are you)

Postby Horsie » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:18 pm

I know this is an oooooold thread…forgive me :P I am a WoW freak….

I am a 90 Orc BM Huntard lol…on Vek'Nilash on my EU account, he is GM of Tsup. And my USA account, I am currently a lvl 55 Troll BM Huntard, on Shu'Halo in the guild "The Untameables" <--one of the NICEST more AWESOME of guilds I have ever been in. Right now I'm active on my US account. I jump back & forth every so often….when I can afford it.

I am a Hordie, I will never ever cross over to the Alliance. Thank goodness Vol'Jin is now war chief, that monkey Garrosh Hellscream was an insult to his daddy's legacy. I love Vol'Jin & Thrall, I wanted Thrall back but he's busy being papa now.
Horsie

Re: World of Warcraft (where are you)

Postby Bema » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:59 am

Horsie, I feel you on Vol Jin. I only played alliance for years, until now. I just joined Illidan as Derstil and Davros.
Bema
Rider of the Mark

Return to Games (Tolkien and More)