My MERP Story.

From games based in Middle-earth, to the latest MMORPG, first person shooter, or strategy game, come on in and talk about the games you play!

My MERP Story.

Postby OwenYulefield » Fri May 10, 2013 7:30 am

Hello everyone, I just signed up for this forum to help raise awareness for something I really care about: MERP. MERP stands for 'Middle Earth Roleplaying Project' and it is a scheduled mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It aims to recreate Skyrim into Middle Earth and the landmass is actually expected to be 9x bigger than Skyrim (for example, Rohan is roughly the size of Skyrim). Here's some screenshots:

The MERP team has been working on this project since Morrowind and now they're creating it for Skyrim. That means they've been working on this project for about 10 years. Once this project is complete, nearly every place in Middle Earth will be available for FREE. No cost, no payments, nothing.

However, Warner Bros. issued the MERP team a Cease & Desist letter which basically told them to stop all work on the project. All work on the project has ceased. Warner Bros. expected the MERP to die quickly and quietly... But it didn't. It's still kicking. There's an online petition that's nearing 30,000 signatures and your's could greatly help. Here's a video I created explaining my MERP story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D_YFSxwJIAI

Click the links in the description to check out MERP's page and to sign the petition. There's a TON more I could have said about MERP but I'm a little short on time at the moment.

Spread the word: Save MERP!
OwenYulefield
Petitioner to the Council

Return to Games (Tolkien and More)