Mount & Blade series (with mods)

From games based in Middle-earth, to the latest MMORPG, first person shooter, or strategy game, come on in and talk about the games you play!

Mount & Blade series (with mods)

Postby Forlong » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:01 am

Hey, don't know if you have heard of this series of games, they are really good and have an amazing modding and clan community.

For M&B: warband there are 2 released and one upcoming mods based on the books and films in middle earth.

Also there are many clans made for these mods, I myself am in an Arnorian clan.

It's an excellent base game with a fantastic community and loads of mods (free, volunteer made expansions).
Forlong
Petitioner to the Council

Re: Mount & Blade series (with mods)

Postby Chariot Rider » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:56 am

Wow! Someone else has heard of mount and blade! That is one of my favorite games. It is not for everyone but I love the combat system. A bit more info on the base game. You are an adventurer and you can run around found stuff for vassals and then you can become a vassal and you recruit peasants and train them and amass an army of hundreds and the siege a castle and take people captive and the join a campaign and join the other vassals in claiming territory and then BECOME THE KING! It is pretty epic when you have battles with hundreds of people on each side and the combat is uber realistic. The only thing I don't like is the 20 year old graphics. The graphics are terrible but not in the way dwarf fortress is terrible. I recomend the game for anyone. Also keep your eye on the third.
Chariot Rider
Shield Bearer

Return to Games (Tolkien and More)