Lord of the Rings- Interplay

From games based in Middle-earth, to the latest MMORPG, first person shooter, or strategy game, come on in and talk about the games you play!

Postby LHFerree » Sun Jun 03, 2001 5:21 am

Anyone remember this game? From Interplay? My version is on a hard disk. Not even a CD. It is still very fun. There are so many twists and turns. Moria is much more developed. Compared to the Book. Anyone have comments on this game?
LHFerree
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Vercelestarrioler » Sun Jun 03, 2001 6:02 am

I have never seen a Lord Of The Rings Game!<BR><BR><BR>Is the Sierra one coming out also availble on PC?<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Lord V.
Vercelestarrioler
Mariner

Postby Llew » Sun Jun 03, 2001 12:59 pm

I remember an Interplay game of LOTR that came out on SNES. It was a big deal and supposed to be an "innovative RPG", well, that's what the marketing said anyways. It turned out to be a sad game, and a horrible RPG at that. It was such a flop that interplay never even made the Two Towers sequel. You can still get it on your pc by downloading a SNES emulater and the ROM for the game. I found a really good library at a site called pe2000.net , it's the best ROM site I've found.
Llew
Citizen of Imladris

Postby LHFerree » Sun Jun 03, 2001 1:07 pm

I don't think we are talking about the same thing. The Interplay LOTR I am thinking of was for the computer. I think there was a sequel to it. But I am not sure. I will check out the simulators you suggested.
LHFerree
Citizen of Imladris

Postby silmarilion » Mon Jun 04, 2001 6:35 am

LHFerree,that lotr game is it good?
silmarilion
Ranger of the North

Postby LHFerree » Mon Jun 04, 2001 6:56 am

The game is very good. Old though. The graphics aren't that good. I would compare them to Zelda Graphics. The Old Old Zelda. Or maybe the old Final Fantasy games. I have only played Part I though. It does not follow the Books exactly though. More adventures in Moria. Biggest change is Frodo being captured by the Witch King. That was to increase the amount of gaming I think. My complaint was that the Witch King fled to Dol Guldor. That was the home of another Wraith I thought. The Witch King being based there was what I found fault with.
LHFerree
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Llew » Wed Jun 06, 2001 12:11 am

any way we could get this game on a download LHF?
Llew
Citizen of Imladris

Postby LHFerree » Wed Jun 06, 2001 3:17 am

No. I cannot find anything online. It would be small enough to put online I think. Does not take much memory at all. It was rather cheap too. So no problem in buying.
LHFerree
Citizen of Imladris

Return to Games (Tolkien and More)