Lord of the Rings: The Search ?!?!?!

From games based in Middle-earth, to the latest MMORPG, first person shooter, or strategy game, come on in and talk about the games you play!

Postby robo » Wed Jun 20, 2001 5:36 pm

A new board or card game coming out in August. Sounds very odd:<BR><BR> <BR><BR>Description <BR><BR><BR><BR>Frodo and Sam are on their quest for the mountain of their destiny. The search starts at Auenland: Tiles for wood, water, mountain and flatlands are put down, first in the form of a cross of 6 x 8 tiles. When a certain landscape is finished, an adventure tile is placed. If a player cannot place a tile, all three tiles from his hand are put into the open stock and he draws new tiles from the hidden stacks. The active player places a tile, then moves his Hobbit and draws a tile from the stock. The Hobbit moves from landscape to landscape (not tile!) and collects adventure tiles. These tiles score victory points or give him special abilities. If the stockpile is used up and the players have no tiles in their hand, tiles from the open stock are used. If no tile can be placed, the mountain comes into play; a tile is placed face down and shows a neutral landscape which can be bordered by any landscape. If next time no tile is fit, the mountain moves, and only with the last tile placed do players know where the mountain really is. Now they move their hobbits toward it, with the hobbit reaching it first scoring special points, and concluding the game.
robo
Ranger of the North

Postby KhamulTheEasterling » Thu Jun 21, 2001 4:18 pm

Very odd. Where did you read about this?
KhamulTheEasterling
Shield Bearer

Postby silmarilion » Fri Jun 22, 2001 7:25 am

Yep,but where realy?
silmarilion
Ranger of the North

Postby robo » Fri Jun 22, 2001 7:34 am

go to:<BR><BR><a target=new href="http://www.funagain.com">http://www.funagain.com</a><BR><BR>and search for Lord of the Rings.
robo
Ranger of the North

Postby Idril » Sat Jun 23, 2001 5:26 pm

Anyone have the Lord of the Rings Board Game? We played in on Father's Day and it was interesting trying to figure it out. It was interesting. <BR><BR>
Idril
Ranger of the North

Postby michel_delving » Mon Jul 02, 2001 12:40 pm

i keep hearing about the LOTR board game...<BR>1.)is it good?<BR>2.)is it available?
michel_delving
Shield Bearer

Postby austinallen » Sat Jul 14, 2001 12:03 pm

That sounds... How shall I put it? ... Incredibly strange.
austinallen
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Radagast » Sat Jul 14, 2001 3:45 pm

Indeed - especially the concept of Mount Doom moving around and being difficult to find.<BR><BR>Difficult to get to, yes, but it is hard to miss a huge volcano in the middle of the plains of Gogoroth.<BR>
Radagast
Ranger of the North

Postby Themedes » Sun Jul 15, 2001 12:18 pm

The board game is ok. I have it.
Themedes
Ringbearer

Postby robo » Mon Jul 16, 2001 11:09 am

Themedes, are we talking about the same game here? I don't think this one is out yet and it's full name is:<BR><BR><i>Lord of the Rings: The Search</i><BR><BR>It seems like this game design really has nothing to do with LOTR and that they just painted the LOTR theme on top of it.
robo
Ranger of the North

Return to Games (Tolkien and More)