TCG question-somebody please answear this...

From games based in Middle-earth, to the latest MMORPG, first person shooter, or strategy game, come on in and talk about the games you play!

Postby kidjay76 » Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:42 am

Yes, you can. I'm not sure why people here haven't read the rulebook that comes with the base set and each expansion. It has a few minor faults, but in general it's pretty easy to learn the game from reading the rulebook and playing a few sample games with the starters.<BR><BR>Mix and match cards from all three sets as you please. Check out http://www.decipher.com to obtain a printable copy of the rulebook. Then sit down with a like-minded friend and hammer through a few games. You'll make mistakes along the way, but you'll also learn a lot from both your mistakes and seeing the rules concepts in action.<BR><BR>As I said to Boromir01, once you have read the rulebook and played a few games, I will be happy to answer specific questions you have regarding gameplay, deck-building, turn sequences -- whatever you want. But I think it's a waste of time for me to write a tedious, lengthy summary of the rules when Decipher has already done the job.<BR><BR>Cheers and good luck,<BR><BR>kidjay76<BR><BR>
kidjay76
Shield Bearer

Postby kidjay76 » Sat Aug 10, 2002 2:03 pm

<BR>Wow, learning a CCG in a language you're not quite comfortable with is quite a challenge! I don't think I'd be able to do that...<BR><BR>Anyhow, to spot something in LOTR simply means to be able to see the item in play. So for example, a card that says "spot a ranger to exhaust a minion" means that in order to play the card and exhaust the minion, you must have a ranger companion in play and active. Consult the rulebook to find out when cards in play are active and when they're inactive.<BR><BR>Cheers,<BR><BR>kidjay76<BR><BR> <BR>
kidjay76
Shield Bearer

Return to Games (Tolkien and More)