What instruments do you play?

Unsling your guitar, pull up a chair, and strum us a chord or two. Come on in to discuss music.

Postby portia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:43 am

Grimmodhr wrote:I play bass in a very rudimentary way, and I have a bodhran which i play, but the little stick keeps slipping through my hand when playing :oops: I write all my own stuff for my black metal band but have got some proper drum sticks which makes playing the bodhran easier :)

How does one play the Bodhran with regular drumsticks???? They are too long.
Find a bodhran dealer and try out different shaped sticks. One will stay in your hand, and let you play the thing properly.

I also play the Bodhran (not named). Mr. Portia has not named his stand up bass. The key to playing the Bodhran, IMO, is not to think about what you are doing; just go with the rhythm.
portia
Ringbearer

Postby Naisa Laicifitra » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:05 am

I've played the trumpet for six years, nearly seven. Apparently I'm good at it for my level. I've tried, in the past, to teach myself the guitar, keyboard, and flute, but all ended fairly pathetically...
Naisa Laicifitra
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Hiril Elfwraith » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:38 pm

I play the Glockenspiel, more commonly referred to as bells...
Hiril Elfwraith
Rider of the Mark

Postby Erucolindon Atarnarmo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Well, I play guitar and piano, as much as any proficient person could say they play it, I can sort of play a violin, drums, pennywhistle, harp, flute, bass(electric), and I can sing alright (I have perfect pitch, I can hold a note pretty well, and I can do vibrato but I don't know if any of that makes me good at it necessarily.)
Erucolindon Atarnarmo
Citizen of Imladris

Postby MinasIthil4316 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Instruments thzat I own and play are the ocarina (tranverse and english pendant), the accordion, and recorder. I would like to learn a string plucking instrument.
MinasIthil4316
Petitioner to the Council

Postby frodolives668 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:07 am

I used to play the piano all the time, but I don't that often anymore. I also have a violin that I never use. I don't know how to play the violin AT ALL (it was a gift).
frodolives668
Rider of the Mark

Postby elora » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:22 pm

Once there was a time when I could claim to play several instruments. All three common recorders (soprano, alto and bass), flute and the piano, along with the tabla (arabic, egyptian).

Now, indolence and the pursuit of a regularly paying gig, has robbed me of such claims. However, I rock a triangle and tambourine still! :lol:
elora
Ranger of the North

Postby purpleparadox » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:03 am

Sorry to dig up this thread...it's a couple months old.

I play piano, bassoon, and soprano, alto, and tenor recorder, and a tiny bit of guitar. And I'd like to be able to sing well. :)
purpleparadox
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Chanukah » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:16 am

The piano,

You can hear some of my performances and compositions here:

www.musicalpaintings.net
Chanukah
Shield Bearer

Previous

Return to Music: The Choirs of Eru