Evanescence?

Unsling your guitar, pull up a chair, and strum us a chord or two. Come on in to discuss music.

Postby Arduina » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:54 pm

:clap: I am so excited for you dear!!! So when is the concert??
Arduina
Shield Bearer

Postby Hidden_Ring » Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:17 pm

You lucky snot. I'll have to see how close they are coming to me. I'd give well... it would likely to something fairly dear to me.

Let us know how the concert turns out.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:56 pm

lol, I'm so excited!

It's not until March 21st but I got tickets on the first day they went on sail and it's 3 days after my birthday so it's awesome! I'll be sure to post how it went when it happens!
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:53 pm

You better!!! :club: Or I might have to hunt you down for details. ;):P
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:25 am

:clap: I just got the new Evanescence The Open Door cd!! :clap:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Erumahtar » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:57 am

I like their songs very much, though I am not a fan of dark rock or any kind of rock. :)
Evanescence's music and lyrics are so great!!! I hope to get their new cd soon.
Erumahtar
Ranger of the North

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:45 pm

Congratulations Vanaladiel! It's an amazing CD. I'm a bit biased since i pretty much like anything Evanescence makes but still. I would say, now that I've had their new album since before the release date, that Fallen was better but still, it is definetly worth listening to over and over and over again!
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:20 pm

I loved their first cd much better but I still love to listen to Ami sing. OH my she has a voice!! I think this cd is much darker then the first one and you can tell the gothicness to it. I wonder how many of these songs were written because of the guy who left the band and her break up with the guy she was seeing?
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:32 pm

If I am given to understand properly, Call Me When You're Sober is written in response to the break-up with the lead singer of Seether (can't remember his name).

Interesting Vana, I would have said this album had less gothic-ness to it. That Fallen or Origin took that prize. As I relisten to TOD, I can see more of an evolution of the gothic style. Less of the drear and angst, moving more to a kind of aural catharsis. A crucible, if you will, to cleanse from lingering attachments and the like.

Interesting little note, the song Good Enough was used recently on an episode of CSI: Vegas (22 Feb 2007 episode). They used the instrumental theme at the beginning of the episode and some of the vocal at the end.

Smooth sails and happy trails,
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:32 pm

I see your point about it being more of a form of letting go of old attachments in her life but I find them more sad. I definately love her music! Gothic or not!

I caught a block (30 minutes) of her music on Fuse last night and noticed that the songs they used were all very recognizable from anyone who had heard the band. WE also noticed that she seems to have a thing for water in her videos. I like it but it is very predominate.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:30 pm

I wonder how many of these songs were written because of the guy who left the band and her break up with the guy she was seeing?

Orion's right, CMWYS is about her ex, Seether singer Shaun Morgan. However, I'm pretty sure Sweet Sacrifice is about Ben Moody. And Good Enough, of course, is about her current fiance, Josh.

Snow White Queen is about a stalker. Weight of the World is about her feelings of responsibilty to her fans, Like You is of course about her sister, like Hello was on Fallen. I can't remember who Lacrymosa's about, but I'm thinking it's Ben Moody as well.

Okay I'll stop now. :shock:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:05 pm

I agree with Hidden_Ring. This album is much more mature in that the way Amy has learned to deal with her issues has evolved beyond the angst in the previous albums.

Also, elf-maiden, you're right about all the songs' meanings. Call Me When You're Sober is quite obviously about her breakup with the Seether singer. If you recall she re-did the Seether song Broken with Shaun Morgan before things went sour.

Why don't we start a new little discussion? Have any of you heard of the 'Christian music' controversy? It goes like this. Christian music stores were selling the album 'Fallen' because of its underlying spiritual message (and I also suspect because of 'My Tourniquet'). While Amy and Ben both are Christians they were a little displeased at this. Especially after it topped the Christian charts. They said that they're music did involve their faith in a personal way but there was no literal Christian message in the music so they didn't like that kind of attention. Does anyone have any thoughts on that?
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby Erumahtar » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Hello, lomelire_elvenking and everyone.

Listening to their songs, I have taken messages, someone would call them christian, but I will call them something coming directly coming form my Lord.

I believe that Jesus speaks to people in different ways. To me He used even Evanescence"s songs. And He may have used it to speak to other christians.

"Fallen" and "My Immortal" were two of those songs.
Erumahtar
Ranger of the North

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:45 pm

That's a much more wholesome way of looking at it than arguing over whether or not it's Christian music. They're doing God's work without all the controversy.
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:11 pm

That is how I would have to see it as well. I love "My Immortal" and I actually think it gave me hope to move on with my life.

For anyone who doesnt know it, I was in the midst of an abusive marriage and that song actually helped me to see that I was alone, meaning my ex and I, in my fight to keep the marriage going. That he had been gone all along. Now I am healthier and happier and away from all that. :D I would say God used their music to soothe and make me feel whole and good about myself again.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Erumahtar » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:57 am

lomelire_elvenking, I will answer you as soon as I can. :)
Erumahtar
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:48 am

Ben and Amy didn't want Evanescence to be labeled as a Christian band because, while they are Christians, the band isn't. They also don't want to just be labeled "rock", or "metal", or "goth", etc., because their songs have elements of all of these, and it's not right to put a band like Evanescence into one category like that.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:26 pm

Right again elf-maiden. They have been cornered by the music industry as a 'metal/goth' band and classified by many of their fans as 'christian/rock' but the only 'classification' they should get is 'Evanescence'.
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby Erumahtar » Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:33 pm

I agree with both of you. They shouldn't be classified in this or that category.
And I don't want to put on them the label "christian", neither do I want to argue on their being or not christian band. When I heard them for the first time, I didn't think they were christians at all.

I like their music and the Lord has spoken to me through some of their songs. That's all. In fact I didn't know that Ben and Amy were christian. I learned it here.

As for those christian music stores, I have to say that they wanted only to increase their sales knowing that their songs were loved by many people. ( A way of the fallen religious system) That's why their put Evanescence's album in there. :)
Erumahtar
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:08 pm

That very well could be but sometimes they classify music so that people who have never heard of a band or group will maybe give them a listen if they are looking in that music genre trying to widen their follower base.

I dont think I would have ever pegged Ami and Evanescence as a Christian band. I dont know maybe it was her dark look or something but I just never pictured them as a Gospel group. Of course I dont picture Stryper as a Christian band either.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Hidden_Ring » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:02 pm

I was up at Borders Books and Music and one particular CD happened to catch my eye. Produced by Vitamin Records, The String Quartet Tribute to Evanescense. I listened to most of the previews and was generally able to pick out the main theme of each song.

Needless to say I bought it. It reminds me much of Apocalyptica, a group that started by doing stringed renditions of Metallica songs. Whisper, Bring Me to Life, and Imaginary are among the best on this album.

Smooth sails and Happy trails,
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:43 am

That sounds cool!! I might have to look for it to see if I can get it.
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:42 pm

I love Apocalyptica!!! You should watch some of their live videos on Youtube. They put on an amazing show. It's like a Metallica concert, even the music...lol

But back to Evanescence. The concert is Wednesday and I'm really excited! I'm turning 16 on Sunday too! AND IT'S SPRING BREAK!!!! lol, what a great week... Anywho that's about all I have to say. I probly won't post between now and the concert so yea. Continue you conversations without me!

:)
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby Erumahtar » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:34 pm

You are going to Evanescence's concert?

How do I envy you!!!!!!!!!!!
Erumahtar
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:28 pm

lomelire_elvenking wrote:I love Apocalyptica!!! You should watch some of their live videos on Youtube. They put on an amazing show. It's like a Metallica concert, even the music...lol

I'll try watching an Apocalyptica video once I get net connections that I won't spend 3 hours trying to watch a 4 minute video. Stupid dial-up.

Smooth sails and happy trails,
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:26 pm

AHHH!!! THE CONCERT WAS AMAZING!!!

Finger Eleven was the warm-up and then Chevelle played. Chevelle was awesome!!!

And then it happened. I heard Sweet Sacrifice start and Amy came on to the stage and I freaked out!!! I'd put the pictures I took on here but I can't! I only got a few anyway though. One of the security guards took away my camera battery...jerk. But I got enough to make me happy and it was BETTER than I thought it would be! She sang in tune the whole time which is a rare thing with artist today and there was no backing track either! It was just an overall *awesome* show. I hope all of you have the chance to see them like I did!
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby Erumahtar » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm

I hope all of you have the chance to see them like I did!

I hope they come to Greece and I see them like you did, lomelire_elvenking
Erumahtar
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:22 am

I saw them in 2004 I believe. :thumbsup: I definitely want to see them again though. :love:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Erumahtar » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:49 am

Evanescence are coming to Greece on June. :happydance: :clap:

I am so excited I am going to see them live. :clap: :happydance:
Erumahtar
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:17 pm

Augh, I really want to see them! They were touring near me on the Family Values tour, but I was visiting my boyfriend at the time. And now that I have all this college stuff going on I doubt I'll have the time or money to see them. :(

*sigh*
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Music: The Choirs of Eru