Evanescence?

Unsling your guitar, pull up a chair, and strum us a chord or two. Come on in to discuss music.

Postby Vana_the_Ever-Young » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:35 pm

A little BUMP!

Also gotta say thanks to Hidden_Ring for posting that link to Amazon. I'm listening to the 19-track version of Origin! :D

:horse: Vey
Vana_the_Ever-Young
Ranger of the North

Postby Amrunelen » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:52 pm

I reeeaaaally hope they release the cd by the end of the year, or at least release the first single. They're taking long enough. :|

Still haven't watched the dvd from Anywhere But Home. What can I say? I just don't think about it. :P

My most recent Evanescence finds were a few acoustic tracks from a Brazilian edition of Fallen. Love the acoustic version of Bring Me To Life. :D

Refering to that list, a very old Evanescence song called 'Catherine'? Hmmm...never came across that title yet. I wonder just how old they mean when they say "very old".
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:38 am

Ah, I have heard of Catherine, but I've never been able to find and listen to it. :|
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Amrunelen » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:36 am

I don't know what truth it has, but I googled it just to see what I could find, and in a comment someone was saying that they knew that by the name of "I Must Be Dreaming", which I do know. Could be the same thing...like some people knowing "Understanding" by the name "Wash It All Away".

*shrug*
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby The-Tennis-Ball-Kid » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:55 am

LINK
Mitchell Leib, president of music for Disney's Buena Vista film unit, said he still expected to assemble and release a secular soundtrack before the film's Dec. 9 opening. But he cited production snags. He said he was still awaiting a recording by the rock band Evanescence that is intended as the film's closing song. He added that planning had also been complicated by last-minute decisions about how music will be used in the complex, special-effects-laden film.

Last I had heard, it was just going to be Amy Lee, interesting...

*bounces out of the thread before he gets mobbed for having never heard an Evanscence song*
:shock:

TTBk
The-Tennis-Ball-Kid
Mariner

Location: The East of East, Fighting Wild Were-worms in The Last Desert

Postby Amrunelen » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:43 am

:shock:

*runs after the tennis ball with a racket and a cd player*

:P

Strange...last I heard before that Amy Lee wasn't going to do the music for the movie anymore. Or maybe that was just a rumor. Who knows what's true anymore. :roll:
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:24 am

Well I don't know how many of you have already heard this yet, but Evanescence's new album is set for release on March 14, 2006. 8)
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby krawler » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:49 pm

I've heard no such thing. Where are you getting your information? It it's true, than it's not soon enough. I've been waiting for new material from them for ages.
krawler
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:26 am

Check out this site. It says there that it's coming out the 4th of March...I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Aerin » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:48 pm

Unless it's an official announcement, I'm inclined to be suspicious. I just checked and there's nothing on their site. March 4th is just over three months away, so we should be hearing about it fairly soon.
Aerin
Mariner

Postby krawler » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:36 pm

Aerin wrote:I just checked and there's nothing on their site.

Bah! 'Official' sites are virtually useless when it comes to getting the latest news about anything.
krawler
Ranger of the North

Postby Amrunelen » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:58 pm

And the web can be quite useless in general for unbiased information...anything beyond rumours. :P

We'll just have to wait and see.
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:16 pm

i cant wait!!!

Does anyone know where i can get some of their old cd's?

If anyone knows what i'm talking about I'm looking for the one with the song "Exodus" on it. I don't know the name but it's really good.
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby Amrunelen » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:36 am

I don't think that one was ever actually released on an album...unless it was on Origin. It might be, now that I think about it...can't remember, for sure.

As for getting Origin, you won't find it in stores...best bet would be looking on Amazon.com or E-bay, I would think. If there's one or two songs that people want in particular, I can e-mail them to you if the files are small enough.

There are other bootleg cds like Not For Your Ears, but I don't know where someone would go abobut finding them except for downloads.

My recent obsession...acoustic versions of Bring Me To Life (listening to right now, in fact) and My Immortal from the 2 disc Brazilian release of Fallen. Those I tracked down on mp3search.ru. 10 cents a track there, unless tracks are really long. You should also be able to find Exodus there, I would think. Didn't look because I already had it.
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Hidden_Ring » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:18 pm

Well, I have the Narnia soundtrack and sad to say, but there is no song by Amy Lee or Evanescence as a group. I love the Narnian Lullaby though.

What is the song Exodus like? Could you be thinking of Eternal from Origin?

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Amrunelen » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:55 pm

The Narnian Lullaby is great. :D Should be a longer track...

Hidden_Ring wrote:What is the song Exodus like? Could you be thinking of Eternal from Origin?

Nah...one instrumental, one with lyrics. Two entirely different songs.

Exodus

My black backpack stuffed with broken dreams
Twenty bucks should get me through the week
Never said a word of discontentment
Fought it a thousand times but now
I'm leaving home

Here in the shadows
I'm safe, I'm free
I've nowhere else to go
But I cannot stay where I don't belong

Two months pass by and it's getting cold
I know I'm not lost I'm just alone
But I won't cry, I won't give up, I can't go back now
Waking up is knowing who you really are

Here in the shadows
I'm safe, I'm free
I've nowhere else to go
But I cannot stay where I don't belong

In the shadows
I'm safe, I'm free
I've nowhere else to go
But I cannot stay here

Oh, show me the shadow where true meaning lies
So much more dismay in empty eyes
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Hidden_Ring » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:59 pm

Amru,
I understand what you mean now. Sorry bout the confusion. I've got Exodus loaded now, and like it.

I once found a song on Kazaa that was credited to Evanescence and called "Liquid Blue". Well, that wasn't the title and it wasn't even by E. It was a club remix of a song by Sarina Paris.

It's not a bad song, but its a completely different genre of song than what you would find with Evanescence.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Amrunelen » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:01 pm

Exodus is good. :D

And I came across that "Liquid Blue" one before too. Someone had sent it to me, saying it was Evanescence, but I knew the voice definitely wasn't Amy Lee's :| ...so I searched a snippet of the lyrics and found what it actually was.
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:35 pm

Wikipedia wrote:Evanescence is currently working on their second album, titled The Open Door, due for release in August of 2006 (see article scan). The album has progressed slowly for a number of reasons, but perhaps chiefly because of Amy Lee's desire to allow the creative process to fully take its course and not rush production. Besides that, other distractions have included other band members' side projects, health problems concerning guitarist Terry Balsamo and the controversy revolving around the dismissal of their former manager. Lee stated on EvBoard that Evanescence's new album will be wrapping up in March 2006. It should be on store shelves in late summer, with the tentative release date rumored to be August 22nd. However, recently the wife of Rocky Gray (the band's drummer) has posted news on another fan board, stating that the release will be pushed back to sometime in September, allegedly because "Wind-Up [the band's current record label] wants to make a few changes to the upcoming single."

After a long period of stasis, the Evanescence website was updated with a short piece of news. The news read "Evanescence is in the studio working on new music. Check back to the site for more info as it becomes available."

*dies of waiting* :shock:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Amrunelen » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:04 pm

It is taking them long enough. :|

Bah...and if it's pushed back to September, I won't be able to get it until I'm home from England in December. :(
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Ugluk » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:42 am

Well.....August or September, at least we have a couple of months to circle on our calenders. :roll:

I just listened to Anywhere for the first time (thanks, Elfy) and it's my new favorite song.
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:53 am

Maybe you should listen to all the Evanescence songs you haven't heard, including remixes. :nono: Anywhere is good though. :love: Like all of their songs. :P
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:00 pm

UPDATE!!11 :shock:

EVANESCENCE STEPS THROUGH THE OPEN DOOR

Bands New Studio Album To Debut October 3

Los Angeles (April 26, 2006) Following the multi-platinum, worldwide success of their major-label debut, Fallen, Evanescence is poised to build upon their respected position in the rock community with their sophomore effort, The Open Door, from Wind-up Records in stores October 3, 2006.

With what some call a meteoric rise to the top, Fallen brought the Little Rock, Arkansas band to global success with 14 million records in the hands of fans worldwide, two Top 10 singles, My Immortal and Bring Me To Life, two Grammy Awards in 2003 (Best New Artist and Best Hard Rock Performance for Bring Me To Life). Fallen spent over one hundred weeks on Billboard Magazines Top 200 chart, was certified gold or platinum in over 35 countries Worldwide, and supported sold-out arenas globally.

The Open Door was recorded in Los Angeles at The Record Plant in early 2006 and mixed at the venerable Ocean Way Studios in March 2006. It includes the return of long-time friend and producer Dave Fortman (Mudvayne, Bif Naked). The new album is an ideal showcase for the bands inevitable personal and professional growth, with songs of introspection, longing, doubt, self-respect and ultimately, empowerment and anticipation. Several songs include a choir, as well as strings recorded in an old chapel. The album is defined by Amy Lees beautiful melodies, profound lyrics, stunning vocals and poignant piano, which fuse with Terry Balsamos urgent, yet intricate guitar playing, to form a remarkable, ethereal blend perfectly rooted in the bands rock and classical sensibilities.

"The making of this record has been really intense, but I've come out feeling purified, shared Lee. I've grown so much since 'Fallen,' and Terry is the perfect writing partner -- I feel like I've been lifted up to a whole new level of inspiration and possibilities. After all the things we've seen over the past couple of years, beautiful and tragic, in the end I'm really grateful. It has made us create music I could not be more in love with."

Evanescence is Amy Lee (vocals, piano), Terry Balsamo (guitar), John LeCompt (guitar), Will Boyd (bass) and Rocky Gray (drums). Formed in the late 90s, Evanescence released two EPs and their first full-length album, the much-sought-after Origin, which included My Immortal, on their own before finding a home at Wind-up Records. Fallen, their major-label debut, was released in April 2003 to critical and commercial success and is certified 6x platinum. Anywhere But Home, their 2004 live DVD release, has sold over 1 million copies. For more information, please visit www.evanescence.com or www.winduprecords.com.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Amrunelen » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:40 pm

October now? Sheesh. Well, at least we have a date now...as long as they stick to it.
Amrunelen
Mariner

Postby Aerin » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:58 pm

Oooooh, I like the idea of the strings recorded in an old chapel.... One of the reasons why my mom (who normally doesn't get into hard rock music) likes Evanescence is because of their gorgeous sounds. If they continue this, The Open Door should sound absolutely spectacular.
Aerin
Mariner

Postby elf-maiden » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:55 pm

Evanescence Track Listing Announced

THE OPEN DOOR TRACK LISTING ANNOUNCED!
Evanescence is pleased to announce the track listing for the new album, The Open Door, in stores October 3rd. The first single from the album will be "Call Me When You're Sober." Check Evanescence.com for more info on the new release!

1. Sweet Sacrifice
2. Call Me When Youre Sober
3. Weight of the World
4. Lithium
5. Cloud Nine
6. Snow White Queen
7. Lacrymosa
8. Like You
9. Lose Control
10. The Only One
11. Your Star
12. All That Im Living For
13. Good Enough

YEAH!!!! :happydance:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:22 pm

Hello!

I just got off my nightly browsing of iTunes...
Did you all know that Evanesence is now on iTunes?
Welll, they are.

See ya!
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:41 pm

Yes, I did see their beautiful page on iTunes. :love:

Also, Will left the band to be with his family (I know, what's up with that? :wink: ) and didn't want to go through with another tour. But as far as I know they're still planning on touring, so it's all good. 8)
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby elf-maiden » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:20 pm

UPDATE!!!11

Evanescence's new single, Call Me When You're Sober, is up! :D You can listen to it on their myspace page. :love: The music video for it will premiere on MTV this coming Monday. I've seen parts of it on youtube and it looks awesome! :happydance:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:46 pm

The new song is awesome!

I hope this cd does well.
Usually the artist/group that win the Grammy for Best New Artist are never heard from again. I hope this group breaks the curse.
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

PreviousNext

Return to Music: The Choirs of Eru