Evanescence?

Unsling your guitar, pull up a chair, and strum us a chord or two. Come on in to discuss music.

Postby Aerin » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:50 pm

Hot Topic had it on sale for half price - so Orion and I snapped it up. At $9.99 down from nineteen, it's a very good deal. :D Listened to it on the rest of the way home, I love it.
Aerin
Mariner

Postby Vana_the_Ever-Young » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:59 pm

I bought The Open Door the day it came out and it hasn't left my CD player since. :D:D My personal favorites are "Like You", "Lose Control", "Lacrymosa", and "Snow White Queen." :D

:horse: Vey
Vana_the_Ever-Young
Ranger of the North

Postby krawler » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:49 pm

So... When's the next Ev album coming out? ;)
krawler
Ranger of the North

Postby Hidden_Ring » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:30 am

Krawler, have patiences. The Open Door hasn't even been out a year.

I do like the new album. "Sweet Sacrifice" and "Lithium" are among my favourites right now.

OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:07 pm

Who else has The Last Song I'm Wasting on You?

This is one of my favorite songs by them. I have a bunch of music from their pre-Fallen EP's which are great. Songs like 'Breath No More' which could have done well on a full length album.
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby Hidden_Ring » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:44 pm

Haven't heard of that song, Lomelire. I have Breathe No More, Give Unto Me, Forgive Me, and a few others I'm sure. I'll look for it. Thanks for mentioning that one.

Smooth sails and happy trails,
OrionHR
Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:47 pm

I have all of their old EPs and Origin songs. I don't have The Last Song I'm Wasting on You, but I've heard it. I'm sure you can find it on YouTube. :thumbsup:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby MouseofMordor » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:56 am

Really Elfy? *leaves to look on YouTube*

ps. Elfy, your sigpic is the best!
MouseofMordor
Ranger of the North

Location: That place you can't reach because it is too small to get into.

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:33 pm

I'm really the only one who has this song!?!?

Well that needs to be fixed! This is an awesome song! I't kinda like My Immortal without the guitars...I guess that would make it more like Breathe No More but yea...Awesome song and you should all look for it!

Cheers!
Lomelire
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby MouseofMordor » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:33 pm

alright, just as an update...i found it on YouTube. It's a very good song. everyone should listen to it...or die! :twisted: IMHO.
MouseofMordor
Ranger of the North

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:53 pm

I agree with MouseofMordor! It is an excellent song. I don't see why they never released it on LP...Hmm...perhaps waiting to put it on their next album?

P.S. 100TH POST!!! WOOT!!! Sad that I've actually been a member for over three years and that's all I've got done but still!
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby MouseofMordor » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:54 am

according to my sources, the song was released as a bonus track on iTunes after the latest album came out. Written as a joke during the Open Door sessions. And it will be the B-side on the Lithium single. But i don't know when that will come out or if it is out already.

They could put it on the next album, but they could also leave it where it is. Much people have picked it up already on the internet or elsewhere.

EDIT: i looked around a bit and i found the single for Lithium i spoke of will be released on January 9th. So that would be next week. I features Lithium (album version), Last song i'm wasting on you, All that i'm living for (acousitc version) and Lithium (enhanced acoustic video).
MouseofMordor
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:30 pm

Amy's engaged!!! :D I'm so happy for her. :love:
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Ivriniel » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi,

Amy Lee was interviewed on Canadian TV last night. You can watch the interview here.

Ivriniel
Ivriniel
Ranger of the North

Postby MouseofMordor » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:12 pm

i have nothing against Amy getting engaged, so don't get me wrong. But whe the Open door came out she had only recently broken up with her former boyfriend. So she can't have been dating the guy she is now engaged to for more than 4 months or so? Isn't that a little soon to be getting engaged? I'm not just talking Amy Lee here, i'm actually talking people in general, but it applies to her case, so i post it here first.

I'll see the interview tomorrow, when i have more time.
MouseofMordor
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:39 pm

If by "only recently" you mean January of '06, then yeah. But that wouldn't have been 4 months ago, it would be around 12. *pat*
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby MouseofMordor » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:33 am

okay, so i have not been paying attention. sorry :oops:

still, i think a year is rather short to get engaged. especially when you're famous?
MouseofMordor
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:16 pm

She knew the guy a long time before they started dating.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Ugluk » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:57 pm

MouseofMordor wrote:okay, so i have not been paying attention. sorry :oops:

still, i think a year is rather short to get engaged. especially when you're famous?

what difference does it make if you're famous rather than not famous?
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby MouseofMordor » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:16 pm

Ugluk wrote:what difference does it make if you're famous rather than not famous?

well, famous people are hardly stable in relationships. They tend to get married one day and divorce years later because it simply didn't work out. Not that it is different from non-famous people. but they have to deal with the gossip and tabloids and whatnot on top of the usual trouble. It's hard being a celebrity.
MouseofMordor
Ranger of the North

Postby Ugluk » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:09 pm

So you're saying that famous people should wait longer to get married than normal people?
Ugluk
Ringbearer

Postby MouseofMordor » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:49 pm

yeah, famous people should wait longer to get married. I think that being together for a year is too short a time to decide whether or not to get married. (both for famous and non-famous people) Secondly, they need to figure out if marriage is the best thing to do. There are plenty of examples of famous people that were married and broke up in the end. They're not setting the right example for the younger generations. I'm talking the majority of the cases here, not all of them of course.

I really do hope that Amy will have a happy marriage.
MouseofMordor
Ranger of the North

Postby elf-maiden » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:12 pm

What you're not taking into consideration is what I said earlier - they've known each other for years. Since high school, in fact.

Futhermore, there's a subtle difference between celebrities and Amy. Celebrities = morons. Amy = amazing beyond words.
elf-maiden
Ringbearer

Postby Aerin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:54 pm

It's also important to realise that getting engaged is not the same as getting married. It's a lot easier to break off an engagement than to get a divorce.

And I think that twelve months, give or take, is definitely enough time for two people to decide whether or not they love and respect each other to become engaged to marry.
Aerin
Mariner

Postby Arduina » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:08 pm

I know people who met and married within 3 months who have remained married for over 50 years. I also know people who have married and just didnt make it very long at all. Sometimes I think it has to do with their level of commitment. If you believe that you can get a divorce if things go wrong then you are not totally committed to the relationship. If you dont believe that there is an out then you work harder to remain together and get through the tough times.

Now that is not saying that divorce wont still happen at times. I know I never believed in divorce but that is what happened. I am not proud of it but I honestly gave my all to the marriage but he had to want it too or it would never work. He quit years ago.

Okay back to the subject..... Congratulations to Ami. I hope this is what she really wants and that they truly love each other. Shes had enough heartbreak to last a lifetime.

We saw a block of videos of Evanescense on tv the other nice and some of it was the new stuff. Lithium was one that we got to see. It was great!! I hope to get her newest cd very soon!!!

That was a great interview!!! Thanks for sharing the link here.
Arduina
Shield Bearer

Postby Hidden_Ring » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:30 pm

"Live with me and ye shall know me" That might have saved many people from future problems with divorce. It may have saved two people I know well.

And it is most certainly possible that two people can love each other, but not be able to live together.

OrionHR

Hidden_Ring
Ranger of the North

Postby Arduina » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:19 pm

I hear ya hon!! :hug:
Arduina
Shield Bearer

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:42 pm

I don't think it matters how long they've known each other. Amy's not stupid. Oh, and by the way, I may get to see them live! There coming to Oklahoma City so if I can get tickets I'm set!
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

Postby Arduina » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:11 pm

You are so lucky!! I hope you can get the tickets. I wish she would come this direction too. Maybe I should check out her concert schedule. :roll:
Arduina
Shield Bearer

Postby lomelire_elvenking » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:38 pm

YES!!! I'M GOING TO THE CONCERT!!! I'm so excited! I hope you get to see them too Arduina! It's going to be amazing!
lomelire_elvenking
Shield Bearer

PreviousNext

Return to Music: The Choirs of Eru