SanDisk Sansa...got one?

Unsling your guitar, pull up a chair, and strum us a chord or two. Come on in to discuss music.

SanDisk Sansa...got one?

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:09 am

Ok, I recieved enough money for my birthday to seriously consider buying a high end music player. I know I don't want an iPod...and I was looking at the Zune, but they don't support Wal-Mart downloads.

So, now I'm looking at the SanDisk Sansa.

Anyone have one? What do you think? Any other suggestions?

<--Visiting the Arctic regions with the TVM!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby tuile » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:35 pm

Hiya Iris!

I have a SanDisk Sansa that I bought earlier this year. I need a voice recorder and something I could easily load interviews onto a computer and playback via headphones as well. I do use it for music as well but stupidly as I have ITunes it doesn't play all my music. It has worked well for me, held up well through all the hauling around, banging about and humid countries it has been, and records interviews very nicely.

I don't know how "high-end" it is though.. it seems a bit rough around the edges, and difficult sometimes to manuvre through (but that could be me). What had been recommended to me was a brand called .. and rats I've forgotten exactly what it was called.. something River.. I think IRiver, and it was suppose to be quite good. It just had a bit of a price tag associated with it so it will be a later purchase for me.. as in it will be bought when I have a job and am no longer a freakin grad student.. ;)

Good luck with the search!:)
tuile
Mariner

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:29 pm

Thanks, tuile, that's really helpful. I have a digital recorder I purchased at Staples, so I probably wouldn't need it for that, but if it holds up well, that's important to me...I tend to drop things on a regular basis. :)

<--Visiting the Arctic regions with the TVM!

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby LadyNicta » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:29 pm

I have one, but it inexplicably busted about two months after getting it and the company was not cooperative about finding what was wrong with it or getting it fixed, so be careful and make sure you've got a good warranty wherever you get it from
LadyNicta
Citizen of Imladris

Postby GlassHouse » Tue May 27, 2008 9:24 am

Well if you drop that sansa, Creative, the people who make PC sound cards, have some nice Mp3 players over a wide range of features (and cost).

and they're known for their good sound, which is the single most important thing for a music player to have, of course.
GlassHouse
Mariner

Return to Music: The Choirs of Eru