Syd Barrett....

Unsling your guitar, pull up a chair, and strum us a chord or two. Come on in to discuss music.

Syd Barrett....

Postby orodreth111 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:57 am

....Lately I have found myself fascinated with the life and music of Pink floyds founder. The more I read about him the more tragic the story becomes. I was born in 1967, so having missed the the phsycadelic era, I more than made up for it with an enormous capacity for self abuse through chemicals. Having been in recovery for sometime now I find myself drawn to his tragedy, indeed, in an almost pathetically myopic way, I draw many parellels from it. There was a time when I was a blossoming musician, and I blame drugs and my own penchant for self-indulgence as the primary cause for the loss of that dream. Not that I have a bad life, just one that is sometimes seen as lost promise. Anyhoo....just felt like sharing that. :)
orodreth111
Ranger of the North

Postby Finarphir » Wed May 28, 2008 4:25 pm

You're not alone my friend! There are many who have followed similar paths, and many, like Syd, that got hopelessly lost, many whose lives ended in jails and institutions as well as death. Props to you and your recovery. It's never too late to begin again and reclaim that which was lost. Now, I myself can neither confirm nor deny any allegations of my own past behavior and/or lifestyle, but let's suffice to say that in spite of myself, I now live 'THE DREAM'. There are many others like me. Certainly there are consequences for choices and behavior. Many do get lost in varying degrees, but some of us do learn, change and become that which we were destined to be.

Keep on Trudging that Road of Happy Destiny.
Finarphir
Shield Bearer

Return to Music: The Choirs of Eru