Lord of the Rings Musical Video?

Unsling your guitar, pull up a chair, and strum us a chord or two. Come on in to discuss music.

Lord of the Rings Musical Video?

Postby Ishi » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:28 pm

I completley apologize if this is not the correct place to post this topic. Out of all the choices, this seemed to fit the most..but if I'm wrong, I will gladly erase and move it.

I was just curious...I heard that Lord of the Rings Musical had recently closed down in London and is on it's way to Germany. I love the music and have seen some clips from the show but am endlessly curious to see the entire thing.

Does anyone know of the whereabouts where I could download a video of the musical regardless of quality?

Thanks.
Ishi
Petitioner to the Council

Postby rwhen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:50 am

Hello Ishi.

Here is a YouTube link to the final scenes from Lord Of The Rings the Musical, London. Final Scenes.

I would think this goes in Choirs of Eru forum, for all things musical OR in Tolkien - Movies.

Sandra will see this soon enough and make her own determination, until then good luck on finding what you are looking for.
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!OldToby

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby sandra » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:23 pm

Hello Ishi, welcome to Torc. I did go to London and see this play and thought they did well considering the time they had to perform. It was a little strange though finding some characters missing from the story. Gollum was brilliant.

Rwhen has posted a link that maybe of interest to you but by moving this thread to our music forum (choirs of Eru) you may find that others there can advise you further. You may also like to check out our Events forum where there are several threads on moots to the musical and a few have written their comments. Perhaps if you post to one of threads there someone maybe able to help you further.

I will call back to this thread at a later date and if you still haven't had any further development I will move it to movies. :)

Good luck with your search....
sandra
Ringbearer

Postby truehobbit » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Yes, there's lots of cool clips on youTube, and some clips on the musical's official homepage, too: http://www.lotr.com/home/

It says there that plans of moving it to Cologne/Germany are still under way, though even if they were realised the whole thing would be in German. :shock: (I AM German, btw, I just still find it hard to imagine to hear it in German, hence the :shock: )

I saw it in London, too, and totally loved it. :D

Sandra, you went to see it in London and didn't tell anyone??? :nono:
;)

The music is also available on CD, btw, from what I've heard. :)

Welcome to TORC, btw, Ishi! :)
truehobbit
Mariner

Postby sandra » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:54 pm

truehobbit wrote:Sandra, you went to see it in London and didn't tell anyone??? :nono:
;)

I didn't know until I got there. It was a surprize. I knew I was going out for a meal and then going to see a show but didn't know which although deep down I had a gut feeling it was going to be LOTR's. :)
sandra
Ringbearer

Return to Music: The Choirs of Eru