What are your favorites of Fleetwood Mac

Unsling your guitar, pull up a chair, and strum us a chord or two. Come on in to discuss music.

Postby Meteora » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Favourite songs - Seven Wonders, Little Lies, Songbird.

Nice vocal harmonies =]
Meteora
Petitioner to the Council

Postby Arassuil » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:46 am

FrodoTook wrote: I don't remember where "Bare Trees" fits in time but I do know I loved that album. I think ( without researching ) Christie McVie was a major female voice back then too.

'Bare Trees' would be what I call 'Revision 2' with Bob Welch and Christine McVie in the band with John & Mick.

FrodoTook wrote:The "Buckingham Nicks" album remains special too!!!

Yeah thats a good one. I have a German bootleg CD of it. I think they recorded it direct off the album as I hear a couple LP 'putts' in it.

Meteora wrote:Favourite songs - Seven Wonders, Little Lies, Songbird.

Nice vocal harmonies =]

Little Lies and Songbird are two of the best 'Revision 3' Fleetwood Mac songs! Christine McVie does some amazing lead vocals, especially in Songbird!
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:27 am

To be honest I think Stevie is actually a Twilight Child and that just makes her a very free spirit who follows not what the world thinks. She is no more a witch then I could be. I just love being a free spirit open to thinking outside the box. :D Not conforming to the traditions but letting our own personality out!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of another wonderful man from TORC! oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby FrodoTook » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Hey Yall

I am enjoying this.

Thanks to Arassuil for your comments.

Here is a link to a tune by FM which reminds me of when I was so much in love with someone very special to me.

Everywhere

Listening to it again after much time reminds me of how very good it felt to be in love. It reminds me of who I was in love with at the time. Very cool. :)

Thanks again Vana for this thread.

I truely do adore so many of FM tunes. Some of the happiest days / years of my life were when I was hearing these tunes.

By the way, I enjoyed seeing Stevie Nicks on American Idol recently..very much. She has been through a lot and is still a dear heart. I saw FM 2 times in concert. Both times were awesome and remain very fond to me.
Last edited by FrodoTook on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby FrodoTook » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:46 pm

I am reminded of something which happened during one of the FM concerts I attended.

I think the concert was in the late 70's.

I was wearing frayed bell bottom jeans. Many people around me were smoking. During one of their tunes I felt heat on my right leg.
I looked down and noticed my bell bottoms were on fire. There were no flames. What I saw was just an orange glow..much like you see on charcoal. The orange glow was definitely creeping up. It was near my ankle when I first noticed the heat. My friends helped me stomp it out. After I took my jeans off that is. :)

It was all good.

The concert was excellent!!!! Even during the time my jeans were off.

I did put them back on.
FrodoTook
Efff Teee

Postby Arassuil » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:54 pm

A few Fleetwood Mac cuts I like:

Live in Paris 1968

Moses Lay It All Down

Purple Dancer

World Turning

And Rest in Peace Bob Welch. He did a good job of Peter Green's Green Manalishi here when he was part of Fleetwood Mac in 1974
Arassuil
Shield Bearer

Previous

Return to Music: The Choirs of Eru