The Schnoz of the Rings - A New Parody of LOTR

What other authors do Tolkien fans enjoy? Come on in and enter into a broadened conversation on the great literature of this and other times.

The Schnoz of the Rings - A New Parody of LOTR

Postby Grandkopf » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Clovendell Press Releases “The Schnoz of the Rings”

John J. Osterhout, Professor of Chemistry at Angelo State University, announces the release of his book, “The Schnoz of the Rings: A Parody of J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings.” Froyo Bagpants must throw the Schnozring into the fire pit of Mount Drool in order to save Central Oith from domination by the Great and Powerful Schnoz. Available in paperback and as a Kindle book from Amazon. More information about the book and its author on johnosterhout.com.

Caroline McCullagh, writing in The Mensa Bulletin. says, "How could you possibly parody something so wonderful (as Tolkien's LOTR)? Well, he did, and he did a good job of it. What is interesting to me is that Osterhout has created something that has a life of it's own. I don't think you need to have read the trilogy to enjoy this book. He creates a world that parallels Tolkien's world, but it works on its own merit."

Lawerence E. Musgrove, professor of English, writing on Amazon, says “What would happen if Mel Brooks, Cheech and Chong, Monty Python, and Mad Magazine partnered on a parody of the Rings Trilogy? You’d have something very close to the Schnoz of the Rings. Spooferrific!”
Grandkopf
Petitioner to the Council

Re: The Schnoz of the Rings - A New Parody of LOTR

Postby Morwenna » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:20 pm

Hmm. I haven't come across it yet, but by this description it seems it won't end up as dated as Bored of the Rings.
Morwenna
Ranger of the North

Return to The Books (Other Authors)