Believe it or not, there are some scholars who believe the prototype of Camelot was indeed in southern Scotland, as a result of attempting to identify the historical figure on whom the legendary Arthur was based.
andurilwest wrote:I know there's a lot of Arthurian fiction out there, with most of them having their own series.
EDIT: I'm looking for modern prose versions (thanks anyway for the poetry suggestions) preferably historical fiction.
- The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell
- The Pendragon Cycle by Stephen Lawhead
- The Camulod Chronicles by Jack Whyte
- The Mists of Avalon and related titles by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- The books of Rosemary Sutcliff
- The Once and Future King, by T. H. White, of course
I know they're not all written in the same style, and some might be radically different from the others (like Zimmer Bradley's is to White's) but which of them, and what others, would you recommend? Thanks!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests