HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the home alone thread

Postby rwhen » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:00 pm

HHEEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOO DA HOUSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

LK...don't worry, I have some left for you and it turned out really great. I even made a white wine reduction for dipping. YUM. ;)

Just got in from work and hitting TORC for a bit before settling down to give the feet a rest and then I am making grilled cheese and zuppa Tuscona for supper. Don't want to eat too heavy, it is hot here today and tomorrow. After that, is the cool down that I hope will last through the fall. ;)

Hope everyone is okay.

Toodles for now.

:hihi: and :grouphug:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:35 pm

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs.com, Tookish_Traveler and 3 guests

I also had grilled cheese for supper. Got home late from a longish walk on the Conewago Trail and didn't feel like cookin'. :D

Autumn!!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:11 pm

Wow!!! You al partied big while I was gone!!!

Just me and 2 guests tonight

Oh man the food looks awesome!!! Fruit, meat and all the fixins!!

rwhen I am glad you survived again! I am sorry your feet hurt, mine always did too.

Rose so glad to be seeing you so much again. I was wiped out from the weekend! :P

Ninui that food on that grill looks so good though I don't eat much of that kind of food anymore. But it sure smells good!!!

Quill we did AWANAs for years! My daughter loved it and climbed fast the first year since she was a Spark but an older Spark so she whipped through all 3 books by the end of the first year and then moved on us. Always enjoyed working with the kids then. My daughter has grown kids now. Ooooo now I feel so old!!! :rofl: Ooo now if I get on the ground like that I would not get back up, bad back and knees now. Getting old is not for wussies!

Tooks your dinner sounds like a good warm up food with tomato soup for dipping or slurping. :D

rwhen you had Chicken Cordon Bleu? Oh I love that stuff!!! I might have to buy some soon to enjoy!!! YUM!!

As for mac and cheese. I do love it but I prefer shells and white cheese!!! Or maybe a Rice a Roni herb and butter. I love to eat can you tell?

Drieske I love most fruits and lots of nuts! Can't you tell, I keep coming back here and you all put up with me nut that I am!!!!

I had a great weekend!! Spent time with the Baroness and meeting all her friends in high places!! It was fun! Ryan gave up his Kingdom Protector regalia so he can now sit with me in court instead of having to stand the entire time behind the king and queen. The first time or two he said his feet hurt real bad. Now he can rest! But now it is time for him to don the War Tabard for the War Band he belongs to. We go to war not this weekend but next weekend when he will go out for Baronial Archery Champion and have to stand with the Baron and Baroness in court! Silly man apparently loves to stand in court but at least Baronial court is shorter then Royal Court. He did get inducted into another order The order of the Lion's Arrow for having been a Kingdom Protector. Though he is also considering going out for it again next September. LOL :rollseye:

Unfortunately these weekends wear me out so that I need a day to sleep which I did not mean to do but did. I woke up about 8 am and looked at fb for a little bit then decided to sleep a little longer. I woke up at 2 in the afternoon. I felt so bad for the kids as they were still closed up in their rooms. But they were glad to come out and sit and snuggle with me. Yesterday I worked on laundry and dishes all day. So needless to sa today was a lazy day though I got up by 9 and got the kids out to play and snuggle. The weather up in Canada was great nice and warm but super muggy. Even folks that live up there said it was muggier then usual. Rained a little that night and then another beautiful muggy day on Saturday with a sprinkle in the late evening. Sitting around the camp fire was great! Laughing and having a great time. The food was good with our potluck Saturday night, we had lamb and rice and salad, brownies, mulled wine, baked pear tarts and ice cream! Sunday was the big event with the battle for King. It took 7 rounds at least to thin the crowd down to 2 combatants. Christian won for his 3rd Reign. They are not consecutive reigns though. Every 6 months a new King wins and then crowned either at July Coronation or 12th Night in Jan. Christian will be crowned in January. They stepped down last January from his last reign and gave his queen a tiny puppy because she has wanted one. Now Duke is huge. He is an AmStaff! I am glad to be home though for now.

Sorry it took me most of the week to get back in here.
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:19 am

HHHEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DA HOUSE!!!!

Weather here is finally turning towards a bit of fall like stuff. At least the next five days show cloudy and maybe some rain here or there, but the high 80's are gone for the year (I hope). I have the windows open and hoping to see someone delivering a package from Amazon today....some sweat pants and underoo's. ;)

Vanadarlin', thanks for the catch up of your SCA event in Canada. Guru has always done so well there and you did very fine at archery yourself. I would think the association with friends and getting to hang out is the most fun of it all. But I can also see that it would wear you out. You and I are most certainly sisters of the heart. I LOVE to cook as you know, but I do it because I love to eat. :D Sorry you missed our little Labor Day food fest....it is fun to post photos of great food, and you don't gain an ounce in doing so. AND....just post on up when you can. I am just thrilled that you are back again my dear sister of the heart. :hug:

For me back to work tomorrow and Monday...then two days off.

Hope that everyone has a lovely weekend.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:15 am

Helllooooo! FIVE guests and me! FIVE.. and not a bot in sight! That's a crowd these days.

The SCA sounds like fun but a lot of work. We used to belong to a Civil war group and it was like that.. fun, but a lot of work. We got to go to a lot of cool places, but sometimes we just gathered in some field and that was less fun (port-a-potties, no showers, etc..)

Fall has definitely fallen here.Things are starting to turn. We haven't seen 80 in quite some time. In fact it's been in the upper 60's or low 70's most days and well into the 50's at night. I've been trying to patch some spots in my lawn and I'm hoping it doesn't frost before it gets a chance to get established.

I went down to our lovely farmer's market this morning and I saw a purple bush (astor) for sale. It reminded me of Scribbles & her purple bush & son of purple bush. :)

I had a delivery today too. I thought it was going to come UPS but it came USPS.. Penzey's spices. :)

Now that labor day is behind us.. here's another feast one can dream about.. truly amazing.

rwhennie, don't work too hard.. take care of them tootsies!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:37 am

HHEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DA HOUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Rose, that Hobbit feast looks amazing, I would love that. :D

Here fall has finally arrived as well, cool rain and last night I actually had to use a blanket. Hey, I met three ladies yesterday here on vacation from WI. I told them to wave to you. ;) (they were from the Greenbay area) Nice ladies.

No time for much of a post today, got called in to work and have to scurry in about ten minutes.

Only one bot and me on line at the moment. *sigh* On my onesies again.

Off tomorrow, I'll check in then. See ya.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:46 pm

I am here with 4 guests and a couple of things I can not read because of the color used. Anyways I am here for now.

Sad news, my mom fell and broke her hip yesterday so today they did surgery to put pins in her hip. The bones were not askew so they could do that repair instead of a hip replacement. My sister is with her yesterday and today and tomorrow. But I will be going down to help on Wednesday through Friday. So I will not be online then. Also we have another event this weekend the last of the season. We won't be camping because I want to be home for any calls at night and there is no service on site. My other sister will be coming in next week to help with mom but hopefully we will have her in a nursing facility by then for her recovery and rehab. She is not allowed to walk on it for 6 weeks. I am stressed a little but not bad. So I will not be here for the rest of the week. Sorry but I should be back next week.

Tomorrow I have to run and get more oxygen tanks in Bellingham. At least I can breathe. :D

Everyone take care of yourselves! So glad you are here!! <3
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby earendil81 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:00 pm

Hello everyone!!

So it's me and 3 bots this morning; I'm up quite early - my two men have already left (we're now 45minutes away by subway from the daycare so it's a long trek for the 2 of them) - and I hope today will be a writing day.

I'm on sick leave since last Thursday due to recurring headaches, which have been going on since June. They're concerned it may have to do with my neuro incident of a few years back or clogged/blotted vessels in my head, which could be a problem for the rest of the pregnancy. So rest and relaxation are the words. Which means of course I've gone through 6 months worth of papers to clean it up yesterday. And will be cleaning the apartment at some point this week :P . Between MRI and pregnancy follow-up appointments that is.
I actually found some older documents shuffling through papers at my parents - some 2002 writings from the old RP Nightguards and photos from Moots in Birmingham - my first ever - and Oxford July 2003. That doesn't age me at all :roflmbo: :roflmbo:

Also while we're not homeless - thanks to family - we no longer have an apartment to our name and right now we're looking, which is yet another endeavour I would have done without at this time. I hope we can find an apartment where we can settle before December; can't see myself moving 8 months into the pregnancy. Not when I feel ginormous already :lol: :lol: (and only 5 months 1/2 in).

Our first born will be 2 years old in a couple of weeks; it's crazy :shock: :shock: time flies by so fast. Can't believe there'll be 2 of them by the end of the year. Never imagined I'd have 2 sons. I come from a family where girls are the majority :lol: (my mom has 2 sisters and 1 brother; then out of 10 grandkids, 7 girls 3 boys) and ours was the first boy after 6 girls. I'm delighted and excited and happy; we know how lucky we are. IVF don't always work but for us it worked on the first try both times.

So yes, mostly life is good; although I hadn't really planned the sick leave now. I'm afraid I'll get bored :P because unfortunately the headaches do prevent a lot of fun things - like reading or writing for too long at a computer screen.
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby RoseMorninStar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:43 am

Myself, Google-bot, and 2 guests.

earendil, my.. I wish you all the best dear. You sound like you have a lot on your plate (so to speak). Headaches are awful. I hope you get an apartment soon. Take care of yourself & keep us updated.

rwhennie.. The Bay of Green is maybe 1 1/2 to 2 hours from here. Lovely area. We were up that way about a month ago.. into Door Co. the 'thumb' into Lake Michigan. My neice and her friend were out that way a week or two ago. They stayed in Portland and went to Multnomah falls and then traveled down the coast to Cali.

Vana, you also sound like you have a lot going on. I wish your mother a speedy recovery.

We had 2" of rain last night and more on the way the next couple of days. I've got to get the lawn mowed. Oh fun! :P
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm

HHHEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOO DA HOUUUUSSSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

No registered users and two guests on at the moment. *sigh*

Vanadarlin' I already wished your mom well on the Older than 60 thread, but I will repeat that my prayers are with you and the whole family and you be careful driving up in the Seattle area and keep us in the loop when you have a chance to post my friend. :hug:

Rose, ah....I hope your friends enjoy our area and the Falls. They are beautiful. That is a ton of rain to have and it will make the fall grasses grow. Not that much to have to mow left in a short fall season for many. Hang in there. :D

Eari!! I hugged you hard already on the What Time is it thread, but thrilled that you dropped in here too, please stop by and keep us all informed off how the PG progresses and the apartment hunting and the headaches. We do share that, I have a neurological condition that I have suffered with from a young age and take meds for the last twenty years since they finally figured it out for the many of us with the condition. I will hope that yours clears once your give birth to your second son. WHEEEEE Hey a boy or girl, we are just so happy for you. I had no idea of all the changes in your life since we were all posting last on the TEP. Life does go on, doesn't it. When your strength and headaches allow, please post on up. Don't make me chase you down again. :P :hug:

Okay....that is it for now. I SHOULD be off again tomorrow, so I'll post then.

:hihi: and :grouphug: all!!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Ahrefs.com, Tookish_Traveler and 3 guests

Ahrefs is turning into a good friend of mine. Follows me everywhere. :D :shock:

Autumn!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Ninui » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Eari !! So glad to hear from you again. I must have missed the 2nd child announcement somewhere along the way but am thrilled just the same. Hope all goes well for you in all that has you concerned in your life right now. Headaches are bad am hoping they turn out to be nothing to be concerned about and go away quickly . Fingers are crossed and sending you good luck and happiness.

:D
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Quimrill_Renctar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Shalom!! (I’m not Jewish, just like the word) Me and 4 guests

My students are all engaged in study hall at the moment. The occasional math question but generally quite and diligent. Thinking of rewarding them with a class party this Friday.

Still busy, headed out for another weekend of retreat, this time with my church. Tempted not to go, just because I’m so tired, but it should be fun.

Rose, good on ya for the mowing. I am practicing avoidance behavior right now. I need to mow it probably three more times before really cold weather shows up and I must transition to shoveling snow from the driveway. We have actually be experiencing really dry weather for our region lately.

Earendil, sounds like you have lots of craziness going on. Hoping you guys find just the perfect place, and the resting up does not become too tedious, though I’m sure with a nearly two year old that is no danger at all.

Vana! So glad to hear you are familiar with AWANA. Really great program. I am currently working on my sparkles books. I go around and say my verses to the clubbers and they sign off on them for me. Sorry to hear about your mother. I’m hoping that those days are still a ways off for me, but there is no denying that my folks are looking a bit more wrinkly every time I see them :P And talk about daring dues in the medieval realms! Sounds intense. How do battles take place? Is it like competition and scoring points, or wailing on eachother with sword like instruments?

Rwhen, I will head over to the RP board and trying and warm up the muse and get it flowing. We too are starting to get some cooler weather. The heater has actually kicked on a couple times over the last week! Fall is in the air, but we are a predominantly evergreen area so not much color I’m afraid unless you know where to go to get a autum fix.

Anyway, off to do things that are necessary, but not what I want to do... :P

~Quill
Quimrill_Renctar
Ranger of the North

Location: A little patch of paradise I like to call... the backside of nowhere

Postby rwhen » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:12 am

HHHEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO DA HOUSE!!!!!

Thursday and all is well......except for having to work the next two...but it is all good, gotta pay the bills. :D

As Tooks reminded us, tomorrow is Friday the 13th, not that I put much to any stock in the superstition but hey, stuff does happen, so keep your wits and pocketbook about you.

On at the moment.....

Ninui (waves) and two guests.

Tooks I think that ahref has a crush on you!! I do indeed. *runs*

Quill, enjoy your church weekend get away and see you when you are safe back. I think that is Shalom Chaverim is basically goodbye and be safe. Is Shalom like Aloha? Means the same coming and going? *shrugs shoulders* I know about as much Hebrew as I know Sarcee. Meaning pretty much nothing. I'll look to seeing you on the TEP soon. I have to find Fiona my ownself first. ;)

Have a great early start to the weekend all.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Ladykat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Tomorrow is Friday the Thirteenth! :D

Everyone come to the Friday the Thirteenth party at the TVM.

I'm bringing cake and pizza, but if anyone else wants to bring more pizza feel free. Or tacos, burritos, or anything else you can think of.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Frelga » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Shalom Chaverim means goodbye, or hello, friends. Shalom literally means peace. It can be used as both good bye and hello, although people usually say good morning/evening.

This concludes your daily language lesson. :D
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:27 am

That is helpful, Frelga. :D

And only 1 guest with me right now. Ahrefs has deserted me. :(

;)

*heads over to da party*

Autumn!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Ladykat » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:18 am

The party is set up Tooks.

If anyone wants to bring more food or drinks (i brought no drinks, sorry) please feel free. :D

LK
Ladykat

Postby rwhen » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 am

HHEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DA HOOOUUUUUSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

It is Friday the 13th indeed and also a full harvest moon. Glad I am not working tonight when the nutters will probably show up at the store. I'll be home by supper time. :D

LK, I already left my offering on the TVM for the party. :D Yours are great, especially the cake. And I left some witches brew for drinkies too.

Frelga, okay then. I know the song from many decades ago, I think I learned it in Girl Scouts. Great to know the meaning as well so many years later. You are a wealth of knowledge and a treasure to me!! :) And now I know who to come to for my Hebrew questions. Yes, I do have them. *nods*

Tooks....I am leaving a wide trail of topics to post upon. By tomorrow...I think your party countdown thread will begin. Yup.

Until then, have fun on the weekend everyone. Stay safe. See all you loonies tomorrow.

I posted this photo at the TVM for the Fall photo theme, but it fits....a harvest moon on Friday the 13th won't come around again until 2040.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Ladykat » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:57 am

rwhen wrote:LK, I already left my offering on the TVM for the party. Yours are great, especially the cake. And I left some witches brew for drinkies too.

Thanks rwhen! :D

The witch's brew packs quite a punch. :Q :P

LK
Last edited by Ladykat on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ladykat

Postby Frelga » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:21 pm

Rwhen-lady, my Hebrew is a lot like my Italian, in that I can start explaining myself and very soon the native speaker will cringe and reply in English. :D

Happy spooky harvest moon, friends!
Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong.
Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi
Frelga
GNU Terry Pratchett

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:09 am

Lil ol' me and 2 guests. :P

Rwhen I am off to Scotland (PA) for the day, so there will be no posting frenzy! We gotta celebrate my mom's birthday. :D

Autumn!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:03 am

HHEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO DA HHHOUUUUUSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!

Lil' ol' me and two guests. Not even a bot to keep me company.

Survived the 13th and the full moon. But there were enough nutters out thanks all the same. I called a guy in line a sweetie for helping the lady behind him put her stuff on the conveyor, she was in a wheelchair...he happened to be white. The lady in front of him came up for checkout and I greeted her, asked if she found everything and she just stared at me. That happens often when I get someone who doesn't speak any English, so I just went on with that and got her checked, bagged and paid...then she turns to me and says "I notice you don't call any black people sweetie" and stalked off. Huh??? I think I was stunned, the people behind her were all, "don't worry about that, you didn't do anything wrong". But it felt crappy that she thought/thinks I am racist. :( I treat all people the same. We have such an eclectic mix of folks who come into the store and I don't judge anyone for race, religion, place of origin or color. It made me sad. *sigh* But you can't help how people feel I guess. New day and time to shake it off.

Tooks, give the mom a big ol' sloppy happy birthday hug and smooch. Then return and get the job done. ;) I will still start the thread and post it over to Facebook. No stopping this train now. ;) Enjoy the time in Scotland...how far is that from where you live anyway???

Frelga, I have met you, so I know how you speak and sound and it is a lovely accent you have. I sort of do the same in Greek, which I speak fairly well for someone who isn't fluent in Greek....but tend to fall into half English half Greek when trying to explain something. LOL. You however are the real deal my friend. And I didn't know you spoke Italian. We will have to give it a go when I am in SF next. Don't know when that will be, but it is still on the planner...probably sometime late next year. :D We can do that place that does the great tepanaki (I think that is what it is called).

LK. Easy on the punch lady!! ;) Good thing all food and drink on any thread is calorie and alcohol free, right. If we really ate all the food stuffs, well, it would blow my getting into my work britches in no time at all. :D

Vanadarlin???? How is the mom doing? Travel safe and give us an update when you are home. :hug:

Rose??? Did you get that mowing done? Fall moving right on in for you? Hug a Pippin for me. :D

Quill. Enjoy the weekend with the church group, let us know how it all went when you return.

Ninui, I think I would enjoy a day with you playing old 45's and singing and laughing. Yes, no? ;) Maybe it is just a great idea, but I know you love the oldies like I do.

Okay all....have a grand day, I am off within the hour for errands, then plan a day of pretty much nothing except cooking supper which is chicken fried steak with gravy, mashed taters and sauted zukes. What are you having????

Oh and I miss SCRIBBLES!!!!!!!!

Stay safe and well everyone.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Ladykat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:32 am

rwhen wrote:,,cooking supper which is chicken fried steak with gravy, mashed taters and sauted zukes. What are you having????

Leftover pizza. :|

LK
Ladykat

Postby Ninui » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:49 am

rwhen, it would take at least a day to play all my 45's.There's about or just over 900 of them. At one time over a thousand ! Sold some to a dealer for a dollar a record and 1.50 for the full
cover sleeved ones. Still have all my colored vinyl, Beatles, CCR, Pitney, and Stones. Won't part with them and more than likely will keep the remainder of the collection. There's a few titles that I'm still in the hunt for.
I'll leave the singing to you 'cause I sound like a frog on the pond and I really don't laugh all that much any more. Does sound grand though.....
:D 8)
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby RoseMorninStar » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:59 pm

rwhen wrote:
Survived the 13th and the full moon. But there were enough nutters out thanks all the same. I called a guy in line a sweetie for helping the lady behind him put her stuff on the conveyor, she was in a wheelchair...he happened to be white. The lady in front of him came up for checkout and I greeted her, asked if she found everything and she just stared at me. That happens often when I get someone who doesn't speak any English, so I just went on with that and got her checked, bagged and paid...then she turns to me and says "I notice you don't call any black people sweetie" and stalked off. Huh??? I think I was stunned, the people behind her were all, "don't worry about that, you didn't do anything wrong". But it felt crappy that she thought/thinks I am racist. :( I treat all people the same. We have such an eclectic mix of folks who come into the store and I don't judge anyone for race, religion, place of origin or color. It made me sad. *sigh* But you can't help how people feel I guess. New day and time to shake it off.

Not long ago I stated a wish for a 'Superpower', an ordinary sort of superpower, no cape required. It was for the 'gift' of diplomacy or tact for situations such as this. So that... at the tip of my tongue I would know just the right thing to say to turn this situation around, smooth it over, and maybe even make someone laugh/smile. Maybe get them to realize they were a bit out of line, but not make an issue out of it. I've known a few people with such a 'gift' and I marvel at them. SOMETIMES I can think of what I might have said .. later. rwhennie, that lady doesn't know you and she was rude. Her comment was uncalled for. However should anything like that happen again (I hope not) Look them in the eye with a smile and say, "Well, then you mustn't come here often, sweetie!" without a hint of sarcasm.Kill 'em with kindness.
Don't beat yourself up over it, it sounds like she has a chip on her shoulder.

Ninui!! :shock: That's a LOT of 45's! I don't have a turntable any more.

Tooksey, I hope you had a lovely visit with your mum for her birthday! I love your siggy pic btw. I wants to eat it. :)

I had leftover soup (black bean salsa) and a banana, but I have to think about what is next.. butternut squash soup, perhaps?

:hihi: to everyone else!
RoseMorninStar
Ringbearer

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:37 am

All aloooooooooooooooone................... Just lil' ol' me and 3 guests. *sniffle*

Or maybe I just got up too early.

rwhen, Scotland is about an hour away if you take the interstate. Sometimes I avoid it. :P

Autumn!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby heliona » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:03 am

:hihi: Hellloooooo!!

Just continuing my fly-by posts. :-) How are you all doing? Looking forward to autumn? We've not had much of a summer here, but autumn is my favourite time of year so I have mixed feelings about it this year.
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 am