For the Fallen but not Forgotten of TORC III

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: For the Fallen but not Forgotten of TORC III

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:08 pm

Some of us were coerced back to TORC but I am so glad to be here. Since posting earlier this week, I have had much more energy like this place brings me back to my younger self. Loving it!!

Eliana so glad you popped in!! Keep coming in as you can and join us!

Tooks you have been a busy retiree! I can keep the dishes done but not much else other than laundry once a week. I tried to vacuum about a week ago and it really messed me up. To hard to do with how calm and low I have to keep my blood pressure and pulse rate. It really takes it out of me if I do too much in a day. Then I have to take a day or two and do absolutely nothing just to recuperate! It sucks!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:34 am

Well YEAH Tooks, ya old TORC geezer!! I have my suspicion there are more people lurking about from the old days than we might suspect. I keep hoping that if we mention them enough, they will find a way back here. *sigh*

Vanadarlin' :hug: God love a duck but you really do have to watch yourself and take it easy and not overdo it. If I was the one to nudge in the right direction then color me happy as a flea at a dog show!! I am just thrilled to see you and others slowing coming back again. This will never be the TORC of yesteryear but dang if we can't do the best we can.

Today I feel about 112....I was called yesterday about an hour before leaving for my midday shift and asked if I would switch and do a closing yesterday and then a midday today. I said of course.....actually I like that I'll have this evening off and tomorrow before going back on Monday for a closing.

BUT while it is okay with me, someone please explain it to my achy body!! Oi.....

But to topic.....this morning I thought of the mighty wit and totally lovable TERRY D!!!!! Miss you Terry t00ts, Terry Teddy and all other affections I can remember of you. Hope you see this and swoop on down to show your bright face!! YOU ARE MISSED!! :hug:
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby eliana » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:47 am

:) mostly I was wondering if the old place saw regular activity, from fine folks like you I remember our not. I was surprised to see wandering's name on the front page, with dates from last month no less
eliana
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:09 am

Wandering??? Really? He usually posted over in Manwe last I saw him post. But also in events for the Oxford Moots....it would be great to see him post on up more.

Today I am remembering our dear Frodo Took, Effff Teeee......another oldster like so many of us. You are far away from TORC these days dear Efff Teee but never ever forgotten!! :hug: Miss you like crazy.

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:23 pm

rwhen darlin you are one of the main reasons I came back. I forgot that I could come in more now that I am home and chat or post with some of my wonderful friends here.

I admit I am old and sometimes my body says older then my years. I feel it a lot more often now. But I am not ready to give it up!! I am a fighter and a survivor!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Vanadarlin', then I would love to see you post on up more. Nothing would please me more. Glad you have some extra free time for it.

I do try to think about all of us that have made TORC a home for decades now....And it is a great feeling to see someone like you return to the boards.

Love you lady friend...

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 am

Love you too my sweet sister of the heart!!! I am just sorry that I wasted the last 5 months not remembering to come and seek out my friends here. Thank you for contacting me and reminding me where I should be to keep active again. :hug: :rose:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:41 am

Is there someone in particular that you might be thinking of or missing from the Golden Era of TORC?

Today I am thinking of Sandra. Not only a great person to RP with, but a lovely lady IRL. I recall her mod siggie was scary and I loved it. She hasn't posted in years and years now. It would be lovely to see her again.

Sandra, know that you are missed and thought of. :hug:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:36 pm

I miss Erinhue, Aerin, Bilbo25 and several others who welcomed me to TORC!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby drieske » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:16 am

The mention of TORC in your e-mail brought me back here, dearest Rwhen. :hug: I miss you so much. Meeting you was one of the highlights of my life.
Also big hugs for Vana. :rose:
Is there a thread where I can jump in without interrupting anything? Or a thread that needs an interruption? :lol:
Step by step one travels far ~ in honour of J.R.R. TOLKIEN

Enjoy endearing photos, videos & thoughts in Cuteness

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

drieske
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:36 am

Hey... interrupt any of them. We don't care. :D

Christmas is coming!!!!

--------------------------------------
(for Calma)
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby drieske » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:42 am

Haha, hi Took! I’m desperately trying to remember how things work. Like: where do new notifications go? Ah right, to an e-mail address I haven’t used in ages. Reactivated it, but no notification of your reply. :shock: Glad I kept this window open. :D

Chitchat with us in Drieske's and Canamarth's Fashion Tips. We know nothing about fashion, but it is fun!

drieske
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:07 pm

*glomps on Drieske* *duct tapes to the thread* GOTCHAAAA!!!!

Hey little lady friend. You KNOW how I feel about our meet up in SF. I was just writing Frelga about it and want to meet up with her again if I ever get to make it there again soon. We had so much fun. One of my favorite photos is of you with that guy down in Fishermans Wharf with the GINORMOUS lobster. LOL... I got your mail yesterday and thanks for thinking about my question. I did find out who it was and already contacted her. And KEL...that was the name that I forgot. I haven't seen or heard from him pretty much since SF. Hope you and "the boys" are all well. Hug a kitty or two for me and do NOT be a stranger. As for threads to jump into, most any are great, the TVM or the HELLO will always welcome you home again. :hug:

Vanadarlin', Aerin. Now there is a name that I recall well. I wonder where she has got off to. Master Erinhue I called out here hoping for a reply, but didn't happen. I think that Bilbo has posted not that long ago.....But so many many people that I remember from back in the day when this all started for so many of us and I miss so many of them.

Today I am thinking about Terry D.....Terry Teddies....Terry Delicious.....Terry you are missed but never forgotten. :hug:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:31 pm

drieske wrote:Haha, hi Took! I’m desperately trying to remember how things work. Like: where do new notifications go? Ah right, to an e-mail address I haven’t used in ages. Reactivated it, but no notification of your reply. :shock: Glad I kept this window open. :D

Yea, the board doesn't operate quite smoothly nowadays. I'm afraid to try to update my email in case I get locked out!!! :shock:

And what rwhen said -- drop in any thread.

Christmas is coming!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:52 am

You are welcome anywhere Drieske!!! We hit up a few threads here so you can join in just anywhere you wish!!

I was also thinking of Leoba and Matrim!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby drieske » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:40 am

You are all such sweethearts! Thanks for the warm welcome back. <3 Heading to a thread now. But not before:

I miss dear Canamarth, my partner in fashion crime. Where art though, MiLady, we need your advice! :lol: :hug:

Tookish_Traveler wrote:
drieske wrote:Haha, hi Took! I’m desperately trying to remember how things work. Like: where do new notifications go? Ah right, to an e-mail address I haven’t used in ages. Reactivated it, but no notification of your reply. :shock: Glad I kept this window open. :D

Yea, the board doesn't operate quite smoothly nowadays. I'm afraid to try to update my email in case I get locked out!!! :shock:

Found the messages! They were in the spam folder which was somehow invisible on my phone.

drieske
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Drieske....yes, Canamarth!!! I recall her well. Sweet lady friend she was. And I am sure is doing well, maybe you can scrap her up somewhere. Do you have an email for her? Great you found the notifications. Her name reminds me of Aglanor too.....I got a FB reply from Em so I know they are both in the Netherlands. Maybe try and find the Dutchies Thread. I think that was here in Talk. Either way you know you are welcome any place you would choose.

Ah Vanadarlin'.....Matrim. I met him at your house so many years ago when the second movie came out I think. Right? He was going to be deployed or somesuch. My brain just is a bit foggy on the details. He might have just come home from deployment. You probably remember better than I. :D

Today I am going to call out AGLANOR!!!! Never Winter Nights was so much fun with you and Drieske and Amarie and Meg. How long ago was that? Many moons have passed and years turn to webs of memory. Still I call you out and remember you with fondness. Hope all is well with you and Em...who could use a visit to the boards herown fine self. You are both remembered and never forgotten.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:21 am

rwhen Matrim had just made it back to the states and was stationed near by. Since then he has re-enlisted and moved. He got divorced and about 2 years ago got remarried. Unfortunately, I just found out it did not last and he is once more moving and starting over. He is an avid SCA member in the mid west somewhere. I do generally get to see him each June if he makes it here for our June Faire.. He did not make it this year due to health issues. I have him on facebook so I keep in touch!

How about Elbren? I have not seen her since before the 3 movie came out. Awesome RP person!!

Another great RPer... Smaugsbane!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Ninui » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:07 pm

Remember Klonkku ? One of the few that made me feel welcomed hear on the boards. "Yes. I am aware that I made a few missteps in the beginning"

"wondering if this still works, Ninui stands on a box and waves big silver fishy in air hoping Klonkku sees it and brings new shiny flapper dress for her"

:D :D
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Sunsilver » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:46 am

Tooks, I updated MY e-mail, and am now getting reply notifications for the first time in several years, since my old e-mail got hacked!

So, give it a try, and make SURE you checked the 'subscribe' box at the bottom of the page!
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:55 am

Sunsilver wrote:Tooks, I updated MY e-mail, and am now getting reply notifications for the first time in several years, since my old e-mail got hacked!

So, give it a try, and make SURE you checked the 'subscribe' box at the bottom of the page!

Good to know! I may get brave and try it out! :D

Christmas is coming!!!!

(for Calma)
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:48 am

Ninui.....oh I remember Klonkku very well indeed, big ol' fish were a regular part of her posting as I recall. ;) Miss her too.

Sunny, great to see you here. And over at Rally. Did you think of something to post there? I haven't been able to rattle anyone else up for the call. *sigh*

Vanadarlin', thanks for the update on Matrim. Next time you are in touch say a howdy from me. :D We all had a great time together that year. Geez Louise, how long ago was that? Like 14 years or so? Seems only yesterday.

I too am thinking of Smaugsbane.....HEY SB!!!! We miss your talents and fine self on the boards. You are not forgotten, but certainly remembered. (and we could use you on Rally, just sayin')

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Sunsilver » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:06 am

Rwhen, I've had a busy couple of weeks: camping, birthday party, family BBQ, and today I am waiting on 2 new tenants to arrive. They are young hockey players who will be billeting with me for the season!

I never was able to have kids...this is a good way to fulfill my mothering instincts! Plus, I get PAID for it!! :lol:

Once things settle down, I'll take a good long look at the thread, and see if the muse comes up with something.
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:30 pm

Sounds good to me Sunny. Good luck with the two hockey players. Hey...what a great idea!! Too bad I live in a place where hockey isn't that huge, not like Canada for sure. :)

Today I am thinking of Shaggy Dog. :( Sure do miss you Bril. Been way too long now since you sniffed your way about these parts and it would be great to see you again.
You are remembered by me and many others. Never forgotten. :hug:

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 pm

Hey Sunny great to see you again!!! I love it when everyone comes back again. I seem to remember Canamarth!

rwhen Klonkku is a guy! He was studying to be an actor in Finland or Norway or some such like that. I have seen him about a few times over the years but not recently!

Who else can we think of????

The Last Alliance, Telta, Lurea
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Sunsilver » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:07 am

I certainly remember you well, Vana!

We actually met at the Gathering of the Fellowship conference in Toronto, if' I'm not mistaken!
Sunsilver
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:10 am

I think Vanadarlin' may hold the record for meeting most TORC folk. :D I was sorry to miss the Toronto mega Moot.

Today I am thinking of Raven T. What a lovely lady and a great person to RP with. *sigh* Raven, you may have fallen off the boards, but you are never forgotten.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:00 pm

Yes I remember you Sunny!!! I loved getting to meet so many of the faces of TORC in Toronto!! Caught up to Rholarowan at the airport in Huston Tx before heading on to Toronto. Ran into Leoba, Dindraugh and Eari at the airport and drove in to the hotel with them. Ran into Falathiel at the hotel as she was coming in. So many faces and so much fun!!! Gimli, Rodia, Jen and Bruce Hopkins!!! Fun week!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby rwhen » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Oooooooh, you just reminded me of Rodia!!! RODIA!!! Thinking of you and missing you on these boards. Been a long time since you made a post. Hope you life is full and happy. If you ever make it around this way again know that you may have fallen from the boards but you are certainly never forgotten!!!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby heliona » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:20 pm

:hihi: :-D

I think the next Oxford Moot is mooted ;) to be in 2020 as it'll be 20 years since the first one? Hobbituk would know, of course.

We've had a couple of mini-moots since then - the last was a "Julie-moot" a couple of years ago in Yorkshire (so called because Jewelsong demanded we have it :-D).

I miss you all! I just rarely get a chance to look at TORC on my laptop and it's not very mobile-friendly (I never got on with the Tapatalk thing) and my daughter takes up a lot of my time these days!
Image<-- Celebrating Science in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief! & My Instagram account

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby