Class of '02 v4: 2017 - now we are 15

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: Class of '02 v4: Come on SPRING!

Postby Arunakhôr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:12 am

If ever there was a totally wrong disguise for anything, it must be this but, being Kaya, I can tell you sweet Eari, been there, and it's hard. Thinking of you, and hoping that your wish will come true. I'm always here to chat, if you want.

Now, as Aru, here's a mega HUG for you.
Arunakhôr
Citizen of Imladris

Postby Jaeniver » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:14 am

wow he knows how to hug?
Serious?
It implies he actually has feelings....

Nah.

Impossible :D
On the road again with Kaya in Crossroads

Ae ú-esteliach nad...estelio han. Estelio ammen.
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Postby crystal_seed » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:47 am

Eari- again- my thoughts are with you :hug:

earendil81 wrote:It kills me... doesn't seem to bother my husband much so I don't want to make more of it than needs be. But it kills me. Some days more than others

Make a lovely meal, sit down and share with him how you are feeling. He's your husband and he'll be there for you. You're in this together dear, so talk to him. :hug:

On a lighter note- Spring is being widerspenstig. The snow has left but not the cold- 1.5°C No signs of the Pann-Starr comet (due mainly to clouds, but also forgetfulness to look early enough). We'll have to wait for the biggie in November and hope we don't have the typical low laying cloud cover. I seriously doubt there is such a thing as global warming. This here is a typical cantankerous Springtime, like those of long, long ago (so, okay- my childhood isn't THAT long ago :P ) ;)
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Hello, to the House!

Postby prmiller » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:43 am

I get to work with splendid folk
who lived and taught on far-off shores,
who laugh and sing and even dance,
within our cheerful walls and doors.
They share their hopes, and even beer,
"Collaboration" is their creed.
They see a colleague...yes, as that:
and help them when they are in need.
So now, as one semester ends,
we look for ways to celebrate.
I get to be among great folk,
who view each other here as friends.

Blessings,
Parm :)
Variations on a theme: winter here in Calgary...and elsewhere?

prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby crystal_seed » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:07 pm

The joy is all ours Parm, the pleasure to see your name popping up on the boards again :)

Enjoy the respite in between. Hopefully you have spring up in the wild tundras of Canada? (Not sure, but is that where you reside now?)

As of my previous post, Spring hasn't moved much further (apart from perhaps taking residence down south and forgetting us up in the northern half of the sphere). Still- nature is showing up little by little. Patches of Anemonies bloom in the woods, tufts of primula and gatherings of violets adorn the grass, the daffodils are lifting their heads in the garden, though not open- and even the apple branches are blooming (at least the ones we cut in March which reside in a vase ;) ). It won't be long now :D Yesterday on a walk, my daughter and I spied a deer grazing in the wheat field. It was 5 minutes before it noticed us watching- and it took several looks to be certain we weren't just apparitions on the horizon. Then it bounded lithely into the safe haven of the woods. By that time, my camera battery was already out (or it would have certainly run sooner from the click and whirr of the lens). Next time I'll have to have a spare plus camoflage. :P

Have a great weekend all :grouphug:
crystal_seed
Ranger of the North

Postby Old_Begonia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Greetings fellow Classmates! Bardy, hello! Hello all! Only just now found this thread, sorry to be such a come-lately, but I do hope my name can be added to the roll in the opening post.

Special greetings to Leoba! Seems forever since I’ve had a good swoon, how about you?

Eari, how is your father faring these days?

Parm! Greetings Brother!

CS, hello, I know we’ve met before but the time and place escapes me just now.

Staying on the general topic of weather, we’re actually having a spring here, which is atypical, at least as of the last several years. I’m actually posting from the patio at 8:55 PM.

Will check in more often now I know this place is here.
"And it is said by the Eldar that in water there lives yet the echo of the Music of the Ainur more than in any substance else that is in this Earth; and many of the Children of Ilúvatar hearken still unsated to the voices of the Sea, and yet know not for what they listen."

There is something profound about standing AT sea level.
Old_Begonia
"Old"...hmpf, if they only knew...

Postby earendil81 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:34 pm

:hug: Crystal... you know it is funny how things turn out. My husband sat with me this week as I was falling asleep after a long day at work. And he made mention of adoption and whether it was something I'd want to do if worse came to worse.
Seems it was bothering him after all. So we will wait for our appointment on May 3rd and see where we go from there.

Old Begonia, my dad is doing good. It appears that beside regular doctor's appointments to make sure that he is fine he's handled the treatment extremely well and is pretty much out of the woods so it's a big relief...

Other than that well... not much to do but wait. Can't wait for my September vacations; we officially have our plane tickets and a place to stay in London prior to LeobaDin's wedding :D :D. We'll be spending a week in the City so that I can reacquaint myself with it and have my husband discover it entirely :D :D.
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Leoba » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:30 pm

Eari: A whole week in London. :D :D I am so very much looking forward to seeing you. Although I am only planning on being in London one day in the week before I think. Otherwise I will be too exhausted to get through the Saturday. I've been sorting out invitation stuff and reception venue confirmation tonight. Still need to call the potential caterer.
Leoba
Mariner

Location: Troubadour of Ithilien, dwelling within sight of Weathertop

Postby earendil81 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:17 am

Leoba, my husband has never been to London and I don't believe a couple of days will suffice for him to see some of what he wants to see. Plus I have never been to the Tower myself despite my many trips there.
I certainly understand that there will be many preparations for you and Din to handle during the week leading to your big day but even if you can give us one lunch or dinner that'd be awesome ;). We'll probably leave on the Sunday evening or Monday morning for France depending on the price of train tickets anyway :P taking Jae with us :D :D.

In other news... well not much so far.

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Re: Class of '02 v4: 2014? How did THAT happen?

Postby Bardhwyn » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:22 pm

Say it isn't so?! The last post in this most honourable of threads was last APRIL?!

Shocking! :Q

Well, seems like as good a time as any to haul this on up and back into play.

HEY '02ers !! What are you NE Resolutions?

One of mine has something to do with posting regularly on a much-loved message board. ;)

XX ~B

* >-O I want my PREMIE back
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Teltasarewen » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Bardy it would be great to see some pardon the expression "old" faces. I know I haven't been faithful to the boards so I think my resolution will have to be posting here more frequently. :D I do miss this place and all the great times I had. :TORC:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Hey gals nice to see you posting here. I about choked when I saw this thread and thought about how long it has been since I was in here.

So glad to see it back up!!

My new years resolution is to be more active and take better care of myself. Nothing to hard to accomplish! :thumbsup:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby PatriotBlade » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:42 pm

I don't do New Year resolutions, but I have been trying for months to get the time to clean my room and make cookies, now I also have to pack up the Christmas stuff.
PatriotBlade
Ranger of the North

Postby Kaya » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:55 am

Hello class! :D As life tends to get more busy during summer (and sitting in front of a computer in what free time is left not half as appealing as sitting outside with a good book or out on a nice walk), I've been fairly absent from the boards. But now that my toes are freezing off here, it's about time I pop back in and try my best to be around a bit more often again. I hope you've all been doing well, have enjoyed Desolation of Smaug (at least a bit, if not very much), and have a really good year ahead of you.

Now, as for new year's resolutions...

*Takes out a feather duster and waves and sweeps, removing the last of the cobwebs from her muse* Oh don't look so sour, you'll love it, being back in Middle Earth. :nono: :D
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

The Dúnedain of the North: The Drake Hunt

A Tale or Two

On a writing adventure with Jaeniver in Scriptorium: Crossroads

Proud member of the Class of '02

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Linteannaiel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 am

Wow, I haven't seen this thread in ages! It's been forever since I posted here, too..

Happy New Year, Class of '02! :D

My only resolutions this year are to eat healthier and exercise more, and to do more creative writing. ;)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Guruthostirn » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Well, apparently I'm not the only one feeling a bit nostalgic...

Yeah, I'm back again. Last time I swore I wouldn't disappear again, and there I went. Yet here I am, once again. My fingers have been itching for RP, to write again, to feel the pulse of a good story, the electric anticipation of the next post to play off of. I couldn't stay away any longer.
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:06 am

Oh my goodness! Hello Guru!!! :yippie: :yippie: It is good to see you.

I know how you feel as I too have been itching to RP. :D
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Bardhwyn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:04 pm

* GLOMPS TELTA"

Heeeeey, fellow Barding! Howaya? :D :D

And Linteannaiel! Good to see you, too!

And all of yous - wow, fantastic to see the old club house getting warmed up.

You know what they say about itches. Best to scratch 'em. ;)
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Teltasarewen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:02 pm

(Smiles at the enthusiastic Bard)

Bardy I am absolutely fantabulous. :D :D

Enjoying my trip around the boards and catching up with everyone. How about you how have you been?

And what an itch I have. :wink:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Bardhwyn » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:39 pm

Fantabulous!? Pleased to hear it! :D

How am I? Well, I have spates of being terrifically overworked ( and I am gearing up for the new-job search) but I am pleased to be part of a terrific band, a country and western trio, and we're getting a bit of a following. I sing, play rhythm guitar. We have a double bass player and a lead guitarist who also sings and backs me up. It's really good for the soul and it keeps me sane. :) It's another job, too, but I love it so I don't mind. this is us, The Jackson Creek Band

Fiction writing gets crunched, though - I've only in this past week been able to carve out some time to write again; feels good, too.

And yes, I promised Hobbituk at the last Oxford Moot I'd get onto to Torc more - so, here I is! :D :TORC:

I better get the buffet sorted out - I fully expect more of us to show up any time now.

Deviled eggs, anyone? :)
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Guruthostirn » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:04 am

I'll pass on the deviled eggs, but I'll bring the cheese and crackers! Finally went to a local farm right around the corner from our house, they make their own dairy products including all sorts of cheeses, as well as meats and yogurts. Tasty!
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Bardhwyn » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:40 pm

More eggs for me, then! :D

I've been making a point to buy more fruit, veg and bread from market stall traders - as often as I can ; I've found the quality of the produce is fresher and you get to have a real 'old time' experience bantering with the market traders. Fun!

Just saw 'American Hustle' tonight - very enjoyable! And Christian Bale was very good - actually all the actors were good and - surprise - De Niro was in it !
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby Bardhwyn » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:34 pm

I've just added another alumni to the class roster -

Welcome ANDRI onto the list of TORCers who joined in 2002 -

Andri joined Torc on Nov 9, 2002 - I've been trying to lure her into posting again. :)

Let's see if this draws her out of teh woodwork! =:)
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby earendil81 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:52 am

Well I have been remiss. Haven't passed by in a while (though I was the last poster of 2013 not that it should make me proud since it was in April :lol: )

That being said nice to see you all :hihi:

I'll give a more in depth update this Friday since it'll be my weekend but I want to see that I have heard Bardy's band and they're really good :D :D :D.

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Guruthostirn » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:40 am

Eari, you're lucky your weekend starts early...'course, means your week starts early too!

Welcome Andri! Be another face from the past who has reappeared in this fine thread! We don't bite...much...

Bardy, I haven't been going to the markets around here yet, but from people who have, they're quite good. Vana and I are also lucky to live in an area with a lot of farms and organic, boutique farm operations. Quite a few cheese operations, high quality meats, that sort of thing. Lots of good stuff! My next project will be home smoked bacon from the farm around the corner...
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Linteannaiel » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:21 pm

Heyla, everyone! :hihi:

Guru, it's good to see you back! :D

Bardy, thanks! It's good to see you, too. And you can call me Lin if you want, make it a bit easier. ;) :D

Glad to hear you're having such a great time with your band! :D

Eari, it's good to see you here, too! :D :hug:

I don't have time to give an update myself, but I will say that I finally got a job this month, after leaving my last job in September and moving to a new area in November. It's my second week, and I like it a lot so far. It's really good to be working again. :D
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Jaeniver » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:22 am

A very, very VERY belated happy new year to everyone here.

My year has started off wonderfully now that I have officially moved in with my much beloved significant other. The house is still a mess and we have no furniture but I just received news the furniture will be ready upcoming Friday. Hopefully with less clutter on the floor less clutter will be in my mind. Other than that I do not have much news apart from work at the university is still going on although there will be massive budget cuts soon so everyone's fretting for their jobs. I am not too concerned yet because my faculty already suffered massive cuts not too long ago so the biggest blow will be at the other faculties.

;)

Hugs to all.
On the road again with Kaya in Crossroads

Ae ú-esteliach nad...estelio han. Estelio ammen.
Jaeniver
Not all those who wander are lost

Postby Bardhwyn » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:15 pm

Congrats on the new job, Lin - and Jae, good luck at work. Tense times. There is lots of change where I work, too. I just don't know if I can hold out to see the outcomes.

Hmmph... I thought today was my joining date anniversary. Clearly I forgot the date.

Oh well, it's coming up; soon I shall be 12. 12!!
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby earendil81 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:32 pm

gosh missed Crys's 12th anniversary. Happy TORCiversary Crys.

Soon will be Bardy :D :D

Well this week's been same old same old, kinda crazy. Today at work was spectacular though; we did a third of our weekly target in one day. I can only hope it means the rest of the week will be just as amazing. Should tell my staff more often how great they are :P :P. I do tell them but I had my entire meeting on how much we have grown as a team and how each of them contributed (with examples) so everybody felt special and connected... I don't know but it worked :P :P . Continuing the way we are we will be hitting target by end of April (and we're running till June 30 2014) unless they increase my targets again :roll: we'll see.

Other than that my recital this week went ok; my significant other recorded it and put it on youtube for my parents. Listening to myself I sounded tired... and I was exhausted but my parents enjoyed it very much, even though it was far from being my best performance :P . I had a lot of fun though and I sung two songs I really wanted to sing so that was really cool :D :D .

Talking of music, Bardy you must listen to this (particularly song starting at around 2:05 and going to 6:25) ; a) It's awesome and b) I think it's right in the line of your wonderful band's style. Can totally hear you and B. sing this :). My beloved asked me earlier this week if I sent it to you thinking you would like it and I realized I had not. I'll send it elsewhere in case you don't pass by soon ;) :)

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:07 pm

I just had my 12th TORCiversary too earlier this month. Seems that heliona and I share a TORCiversary day but not the same year.

Congratulations Crys on your TORCiversary!!!! :yippie:

Pssssst!!!

BARDY'S TORCiversary is on Tuesday the 11th!!!! Happy T day Bardy hon!!! :happydance:
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby