Class of '02 v4: 2017 - now we are 15

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Postby Linteannaiel » Wed May 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Vana, I love your sig pic of the bison! The babies are so cute. :D

So.. where have all the '02ers been? ;)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu May 10, 2012 11:02 am

I am still trying to get some good or better photos so you can see the babies faces and the true size of the adults they are around. :D
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Borin who passed away in March 2020 I believe
Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby SilverScribe » Thu May 10, 2012 8:40 pm

Linteannaiel wrote:So.. where have all the '02ers been? ;)

Apparently, on holidays. :P:D

*sigh*

Holiday is over for me though, had to bid Aloha to the Islands again, for at least another year.

Unless of course, I win the LottoMax tomorrow. The main pot is $50 million, and there are 10 additional one-million jackpots up for grabs as well.

I'd settle for enough to pay off my house . . . =:) Heck, I'd settle for next months groceries, LOL.

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Guruthostirn » Thu May 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Where am I? I'm here, of course...but I'm always here, since when I try to go there, it becomes here. I can never be anywhere else beside here, just as everyone else can only be where they are, and never exactly where I am...unless you count Vana, since I try to make sure she's here with me whenever possible.

Confused yet? Right, I'll knock off the strange thoughts...yes, the vacation is over, I'm back...
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri May 11, 2012 8:40 am

I am still trying to get some good or better photos so you can see the babies faces and the true size of the adults they are around.

Why don't you just hop over the fence and walk right up to them???

Ok, so make Guru do it. Who's the faster runner?

:D

Happy stuff for April!!!!!1111

--------------------------------------
(for Calma) :(
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Fri May 11, 2012 8:45 am

Him of course!!! :twisted: But at the same time I kind of like the guy and would not want to see him get mowed over by a 900 pound bison either. ;) They are big!!! That white faced bull looks awful mean too!!

I do love my pool elf/man so I would not place him in that kind of danger. ;)

I do hope it was a good Amy Day for you Scribbles!! :hug: Welcome home!!

Rwhen I do hope that you are resting better and that the pain is subsiding and that you are feeling well on the mend!! :hug: Miss you sweetie!! 143
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Hey, Scribbles! I hope you had a great Amy Day. :D :hug:

Guru, I'm glad you're here.. wherever that may be at the moment. ;)

Vana, 900 pounds? :shock: Yeah, I'd stay away.. far, far away. Good thing you can zoom in with most cameras. :D

Well, I'm off to do more packing.. still have quite a lot to do. I should be fine, as long as I keep at it. I said goodbye to two more people at work today, and tomorrow is my last day. Can't believe it's already here.. I'm going to miss everyone! I'm definitely excited to be moving though. ;)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby misabella » Wed May 16, 2012 1:54 pm

I'll be darned - I haven't been here in a long, long time - - -

I feel like Rip Van Winkle.

Anyone here who used to post in THA?
misabella
Ranger of the North

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed May 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Welcome back Misabella!!! I do not believe that we have ever met on the boards. What is THA?
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby misabella » Wed May 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Thanks!

T H A

stood for Triviaholics Anonymous. Let's see - Kkokon used to post there, and Wilko, and Luthien_elentari and Mungo; oh there were more but it has been a long time!

I can't believe my log-in still worked. How cool is that!

edited to add: we spent a LOT of time tracking down phrases. I particularly remember one I posted with the word "whortleberry" in it. It was great to have this place to come to while getting my undergraduate degree.

I'm glad it is still around.
misabella
Ranger of the North

Postby earendil81 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Haven't been here in the past few days

1) I have been busy - and my program has been cancelled as of last Tursday so I tried to find jobs for the agents I had to let go...
I am now at Head Office doing my boss' job for another project, maybe they'll promote me :P :D

2) I spent the Victoria Day weekend in Quebec city with three friends met online on a Harry Potter website :P. Nerd power 4 ever :P :lol:
We had a grand time, an amazing weather and it inspired me 3 poems :roll:...

It's going to take me a couple of days to recover and get used to the new hours but I should be productive in this place again soon :D :D
Missing you guys though...

:hug:
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Linteannaiel » Tue May 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Hey Eari! :hihi: Good luck with your situation at work, and the weekend in Quebec City with your HP friends sounds like it was fun. I :heart: Harry Potter too. :D

The move was a little over a week ago, and it went well.. I'm settling in nicely (as is my kitty, Annette :D), though I still have a lot of unpacking and decorating to do. I have tomorrow off, so after I'm done running an errand in the morning, I may work on my room a bit. ;)
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Guruthostirn » Wed May 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Nice to see you around, Eari...and that sounds rough at work. Glad you're holding up though!

Springtime is here...the rain is warm...
Guruthostirn
Mariner

Postby Bardhwyn » Sat May 26, 2012 3:34 am

HelloooOOOOOOOOOooo!

Greetings from lovely, sunny, Saturday-morning East Anglia!

:)

We have some fine weather, at last! I only just turned my heating off two nights ago!

Bleh. I haven't taken my summer clothes out yet and we're practically in June.

And yes, I've not been here much, either. Work has kicked in for the summer programme season and I've not much time for writing and I find too many days go by and I've not popped into Torc. Ah, but you all are used to that by now, no? I get caught up with RL - then I miss you all - then find the time and post.

I always find the porch light on when I do venture in, though. That's nice.

Welcome back to Misabella! It is VERY cool your login still works.

And Linn - congrats on the successful move. Hope the decorating went well.

Guru - so glad to know that where ever you are, you are there. With the lovely Vana.

SCRIBBLES!!! Welcome back from your hols in Hawaii - wow! Piccies?? :D And yes, lottery tix - must buy some m'self.

Tooks! You didn't!! A PHP error!!! ARggggh!!

:nono:

Can't leave you unsupervised for any length of time can we?? :D

And Eari, I really hope you do get a promotion. Are you in any musicals at the mo'?

As for me, I'm lucky to have landed in a really good music project (that sounds a bit better than 'I'm in a band', though it may sound more pretentious. :P) .

I'm in an acoustic duo with a very talented musician, Ben Ashby. We both play guitars and sing. We were introduced by mutual music friends, we tried a few songs together and decided to make a go of it. We've had several, short gigs - longest 45 minutes. We're still working up our songlist, so that's fine for now. We're singing American folk, country, bluegrass and some pop covers. Ben and I are also trying our hand and some originals, too. Like catching a glimpse of a faerie out of the corner of your eye, I'm trying not to look to hard at it all, for fear it will fly away. I'm just enjoying the music and the singing.

Later today I'm going to try my hand at race car driving - seriously! I bought a race-car driving experience at an auction and I've got a lovely day for it. I'll report later on how it goes.

~B
Bardhwyn
Mariner

Postby earendil81 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:50 am

Hey Bardy, so good to see you :D :D. Your music project sounds soooo very exciting. You must having a grand time.
I am in no musical this year as my hours were not compatible with those of the show (and they did not see fit to send me the audition schedule or the show either, which has been a little disappointing :() but I am in a women's choir. Our show is on Sunday so you can imagine this week is a little crazy.
I work 9 to 5:30 then go home take the car and drive to the rehearsal place from 6 to 10pm. I have to go buy either a black dress or black trousers today :roll:. I hate shopping :P :P but well.
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Sat May 26, 2012 12:29 pm

It was only a temporary PHP error.

I can probably rustle up a permanent one if anybody is interested???

Anyone?

Bueller?

:wink:

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Linteannaiel » Sat May 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Hey Bardy! Good to see you, and thanks! The decorating hasn't really begun yet, since I've been busy for the past few days. I still have quite a bit of unpacking to do. I'm going out with my boyfriend tomorrow, so it'll have to wait until Monday. Glad you're having nice weather over in England, and believe it or not, I haven't worn my shorts yet.. and I live in California! I could, though. I just haven't, LOL. Glad your music project is going well, sounds awesome. :D

It's Lin with one "n", by the way. Just sayin'. ;)

Eari, sounds like you've been busy! Good luck with the show on Sunday. Have fun! :D
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:40 am

This thread is getting totally neglected and that is not a good thing!!

Where is everyone?? Besides Boston and other moots going on.....

I know I am here cause I work too much or odd enough hours that I cant be anywhere else. :P

Love and miss you Bardy dear!!! :hug: Still loving where you are?? How is the job going my Dale friend???

Lin glad to hear that you have made the transition from one place to the other fine and that the job is going to keep you busy enough. Now just enjoy your life as best as you can sweetie!! :hug: Give that man of yours a big SQUEEZE for me!!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Kaya » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:03 am

I am here, Vanadear! I have been lurking. Am fairly busy with the house and writing (and work), and it has kept me from diving into things here lately.

Life is ok. The veranda / winter garden is in the stage of having its inside walls painted. I need to have some small surgery at some point later this month, nothing to fret over though. :)

I finally started to do some serious excercise to get into shape again (and into my clothes that don't fit anymore). Put an exercise bycicle in front of the telly and since 6 weeks I've been cycling almost daily, between 30 and 40 minutes. I'm starting to feel the difference, w00t. :D

Now, I'm going to look for that summer, 'cause it's hiding again (like it has been most of the time). Brr, chilly over here. :(

Vana, Bardy, Lin, Eari, Tooks, Guru, Scribbles, Misabella. :hug:
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

The Dúnedain of the North: The Drake Hunt

A Tale or Two

On a writing adventure with Jaeniver in Scriptorium: Crossroads

Proud member of the Class of '02

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 am

Love seeing you pop in darling sweet friend!!! :yippie: :hug: I wants pictures of the veranda/winter garden and how it is turning out.

You be good when it comes to surgery my friend!! I will be sending you loads of prayers for it. :hug: Hey if you find summer, will you send me some please?? I am so tired of the cold and wet right now. I need some summer warmth and sun!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Kaya » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:44 am

Vana, pictures will be up on FB once the painting is finished. :D I am also looking forward to the arrival of my bookcase, hopefully still this month. Then I can finally start organizing my books. :D:D

Thanks for the prayers. :hug: Cold and wet here too. We had one gorgeous weekend, and then a couple of semi-hot days when I had to work, and that's it so far. *grumble*

I'm going to paddle a bit on that bike, should help me to keep warm, at least.
Also writing Arunakhôr, Elenya Elemmirë, Bréhon, Berhelf, Heldred, Kos el-Qadah and Elengurth.

The Dúnedain of the North: The Drake Hunt

A Tale or Two

On a writing adventure with Jaeniver in Scriptorium: Crossroads

Proud member of the Class of '02

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Art by Lane Brown
Kaya
Dúnadaneth

Postby Vanaladiel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:38 pm

Looking forward to the pics hon!!

Keep warm and stay dry!! :hug:
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Linteannaiel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:39 pm

Thanks Vana! The job isn't keeping me quite as busy as I'd like, at least not this week.. 16 hours. :roll: I am enjoying my life, though. ;)

I just gave James a big hug for you, by the way. :D Hope you're doing well! :hug:

Hey Kaya, good to see you again! :D :hug:
Linteannaiel
Ringbearer

Postby the mouth of sauron » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:54 am

Ha, behold I am come, again, lol.
the mouth of sauron
Mariner

Postby SilverScribe » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:22 am

the mouth of sauron wrote:Ha, behold I am come, again, lol.

DAVEY!!!! :shock:

How the heck are you??!! And why, young man, have you been AWOL for so long, hmmmmmm?

Good ta see you . . . :)

:D:D:D
SilverScribe
Scribe, Wanderer, Warrior . . . Bard of Rhudaur and Herald of Manwe

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:56 am

Wow. We have golden moldies coming out of the woodwork!

:D:D

Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:15 am

DAVEY!!!!!! :D :hug: How you doing sir?? How is your mum?? I have missed you dear friend!!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby the mouth of sauron » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Scribbles :shock:

lol I am doing very well thank you my dear.... And what is this talk of young? I have reached the ripe age of 42 summers this very year :P

lol life and work are aplenty and manage to keep me very busy :)

T'is a grand pleasure to see you once again :)

Vana :hug: :)

Mum is getting along, but doing well and I have sorely missed all of my TORCish friends.

Mind you I'm just passing through for a bit, though I will be sure to pop in from time to time :)

T_T golden moldies indeed :roflmbo: :club: :lmbo:
the mouth of sauron
Mariner

Postby rwhen » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:06 am

Davey darlin' :hug: Grand ta see you again. We called out for you many times and wondered about your mother!! Good to know that all is well and moving along. Please don't be such a stranger. :D
Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Vanaladiel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:26 am

Oh Davey please give your mum a HUGE :hug: for me!!!! So very happy to see you pop in and say HI!!! :hug: to you as well!
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"

Mithril Knight of Lore

Lifetime Award 2010

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby