PCE Thread of Denial--More Denial than ever!

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: PCE Thread of Denial--More Denial than ever!

Postby Lalaith-Elerrina » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:48 am

Denying that I'm both sad and happy that my babies are growing up! Also denying that Nicholette ze bebee French Pea with whom I was pregnant when I first joined Torc, is now thirteen!!
Lalaith-Elerrina
Ringbearer

Postby erinhue » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:37 pm

woah do I know that one. Dan was just a few months old when I found this place. he is now 16
:Q I don't know when that happened :roll:
"Where ever you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzi

erinhue
Warrior/Bard of Belfalas Illuvatar's Bright Spirit

Postby Ladykat » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:35 pm

Denying that I have a doctor's appointment first thing tomorrow.

Oh well, at least I'll get to sleep in a little.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby earendil81 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:22 am

Hue, LK, thank you... apparently the finger crossing wasn't enough though. :-P Seems I'm not anywhere close to being done with doctors right now :roll: .

I had a bit of a scare yesterday. Fortunately it wasn't a stroke but it sure as hell felt like it. I could no longer speak, had barely any feelings left in my face, arms and torso. Didn't lose consciousness though. I was in the ER for 6 hours. They let me out with a lot of tests to run, an appointment to take with a cardiologist and one with a neurologist. I'm on sick leave until Friday, maybe more depending on what the doctor says today.
I need to connect with my gynaecologist now because it might put a pause on the IVF process what with scans and MRI to do. Regardless I foresee a pregnancy that - if it happens - will be deemed 'high risk' and probably a longer mat leave than originally planned. Not sure how I feel about that at this point.

So yes definitely not denying that I was scared yesterday; I felt myself go really. I probably wasn't but I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Not that I have any but you know what I mean. I just have a lingering headache though...

Hue, Lalaith, it's crazy that your kids are so big now. Mind you we all age right but wow. Wishing you the best of times with them.

Hue, do take care of yourself, though it seems Dan is ensuring that already ;-) .

LK, good luck with the doctor's appointment.
Never forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:01 am

Sorry I've been gone all. :)

Hue, Dan is 16? Holy carp, when did that happen? He was just a little sprout when I started!

Eari: I have passed out twice in my life...both times due to dehydration, so I'm something of a fanatic when it comes to being well hydrated...even if you think you are. :hug: And you know...that sounds like Bell's Palsy to my. Ask the doctors...they may not have heard of it, but it comes and goes in sets around here...you'll have a year or two when you see quite a few people getting it, then you go for a while and never see it...I think it's caused by a virus. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hihi: all!!! :D

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby earendil81 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:58 am

Hey Iris, I'm familiar with Bell's Palsy; one of my employees in Toronto had that. No it wasn't Bell's Palsy, but it was what they call in French an AIT (accident ischemique transitoire); essentially the step just prior to the stroke.
Or at least that's what they suspect: hence the multiple tests I have to do now: cerebral MRI, heart tests, and this put a stop to the IVF process, which makes me sad. I'd finally come to a point of peace with regards to that and it was going to start. I have my appointment with the cardiologist on Sept 12 and I'm waiting to hear from the neurologist.
I guess we'll see.

I've had 3 days to recover and in truth it's no luxury. I'm still having a bit of headache and difficulties concentrating on something for a long time. I've slept a lot - nights + naps during the day - and tried to stay hydrated because there's a heatwave in Paris right now.

So yes, denying that this stupid thing is making it really hard for me to write or read or do much :-P . I'll get over it.

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby heliona » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:02 am

My dad had one of them recently, eari. So did another friend. They both woke up from a sleep and couldn't remember people's names, how they'd got there etc. My dad's passed after about 30 minutes. Seeing as three people in as many months that I know have had a TIA (transient ischemic attack), it is seeming rather common to me now. Although you are a bit young for it. :hug: I hope all the tests work out - how horrid for you and your loved ones to go through this.
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby earendil81 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:07 am

heliona wrote:My dad had one of them recently, eari. So did another friend. They both woke up from a sleep and couldn't remember people's names, how they'd got there etc. My dad's passed after about 30 minutes. Seeing as three people in as many months that I know have had a TIA (transient ischemic attack), it is seeming rather common to me now. Although you are a bit young for it. :hug: I hope all the tests work out - how horrid for you and your loved ones to go through this.

I'm a bit young for it; that's what everybody's been saying... My dad had one in 2009 but he was well into his 50s.
I can't even imagine how my parents must feel. No actually I do. They probably feel the same way I did when my dad was diagnosed with a stage 3 lymphoma and I was in Canada. Helpless, scared while at the same time knowing that coming back won't change much. I definitely scared my husband who has been weary leaving me alone at home these past few days.
As I told him, he can't put his own business on hold to take care of me but I can see how worried he's been. As far as I'm concerned it still feels surreal. But I was scared. Really scared.
I've been through many tests and MRI and other blood tests in the past 6 months; I guess it's just meant to continue for a little while :roll: .

It's definitely made me realize that I need to take some things more seriously and that others really aren't that important. I think work is definitely going to take a backseat; in the sense that I won't let it stress me out ever again. No point.

Sending love to all of you. And my thanks for your thoughts :-) .

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby heliona » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:28 am

earendil81 wrote:It's definitely made me realize that I need to take some things more seriously and that others really aren't that important. I think work is definitely going to take a backseat; in the sense that I won't let it stress me out ever again. No point.

Good. I know exactly how you feel. Like you, it took something major for me to take on that attitude. It's a shame it takes something like that for a lot of people to take stock of their lives and finally see what it important in it. Good luck, eari. :hug:
Image<-- Sir Gwaine representing the letter "G" in the TVM!

Life is short; break the rules, forgive quickly; kiss slowly; love truly; laugh uncontrollably; and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Grab a chance and you won't be sorry for the might-have-beens. - Arthur Ransome

Just because I have the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor doesn't mean I'm not a lady.

In Memoriam EDW - March 14th 2009
In Memoriam rowanberry - March 1st 2014 (~In Memoriam AHH - Alfred Lord Tennyson~)

Photos: My Flickr Photo Collections & Wee Nell - the furry ball of mischief!

(I occasionally post as White Shadow - you've been warned!)

New posters, there's a Welcome and Comprehensive Guide to the Messageboard to answer your questions.
heliona
The Sexy One ~ Hellaciously Huggable

Postby Ladykat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Denying I've let several days pass without posting anything.

Oh well, blame it on the book I'm reading. Once I start reading I forget everything else.

LK
Ladykat

Postby erinhue » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:51 am

My life as a corporate boy wonder with a bullet nearly killed me. I quit a rather lucrative job with bang a rang perks and benefits for the more hectic far less well paid but far more rewarding life running this community center. Life is way too short to spend chasing things that really, ultimately, do not matter. In that pursuit we often forget what is truly important and miss the best things in life along the way. I am just very happy that I learned that lesson and had the courage to change my life while that life still existed and for the betterment of the new life I live now Stop to smell the roses is very good advice too few of us really heed

erinhue

Postby earendil81 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:49 pm

Hue, my brother is a lot cleverer than I am. He's now a father of two girls, the oldest being 2 1/2 years. He's organized to move to a 80% time starting in September, i.e. he'll be working 28 hours instead of 35/week to spend more time with them.
As far as I'm concerned this is a feeding job since my husband is starting his own business and we can't live off air and water. But I'll take it easy. This was way too close for my taste.

Heliona, I will take care, thank you for the :hug: they're always appreciated.

Off to bed as that headache still won't leave me alone (it is better though: it started a lot later today after we spent some time outside)

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Ladykat » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Eari---sorry to hear about your headache. Hope it goes away soon.

I know what it's like to have a headache that won't go away.

Oh yeah....ummmm.....denying the weekend's half over.

LK
Ladykat

Postby earendil81 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:56 pm

So I went back to work yesterday. And I realize it may have been a mistake. So I'll be seeing the doctor tomorrow and see what he says.
I'm having trouble focusing and as soon as there are more than one person speaking to me at a time I can't understand anything anymore.
I spoke with HR and they said I shouldn't have come back in the first place.
I had to leave early today because I had dizziness spells.
Must say the most frustrating was the struggle to string a full sentence together. I had to reboot three times during a meeting. Not cool. Exhausting.
It takes me forever to type things because words elude me. My brain has definitely taken a hit.

I'm fine though. Tired but fine.

But because I knew you

Can't get to me at all
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby Ladykat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:14 pm

Eari---yes, get to a doctor A.S.A.P. Dizzy spells are no fun, I know, I get them sometimes.

I've been told that for a woman, dizziness could be a sign of heart attack. At least that's what they said when I went to the ER the time I was so dizzy I couldn't even move my head without the whole room spinning around.

First time in my life I ever went to an ER and didn't have to wait to be seen.

Take care of yourself. Rest. Sleep.

LK
Ladykat

Postby erinhue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:26 pm

I am in denial that this ankle has had me miss summer by being grounded. I am also in deep denial that this is Labor Day weekend already :Q

erinhue

Postby Lalaith-Elerrina » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Denying that September is here already! :shock:
Lalaith-Elerrina
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:35 pm

Agreeing with the two previous posters, and denying everything that they're denying.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Ninui » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Denying that the nights here are already cold and quite uncomfortable. :x Not looking forward to dreaded winter.

Hoping all is going much better for you, Eari. Wishing you well and you find out what is all amiss soon. .. :hug:
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Denying my long, lovely holiday weekend is over.

siiggggghhhh

And there won't be another one until November.

Late November. :(

LK
Ladykat

Postby Ninui » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Denying I'm watching a marathon viewing of Homicide Hunter

"My, my, my"
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Denying I just barely got back into my exercise routine, like two days ago, and yesterday I hurt my knee. :x

I'll never lose this stupid weight!

LK
Ladykat

Postby Ninui » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:24 pm

I deny I came in to see how it goes for everyone here and that I'm watching a guilty pleasure on demand. "The Dead Files"
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:54 pm

Denying that the weekend is over already. :x

It goes WAY too fast.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Ninui » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:13 pm

Denying that my feet hurt as much as Hue's ankle !!

Hope your feeling better Hue .. :D
Ninui
Ranger of the North

Postby Ladykat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:25 am

Hope you're BOTH feeling better Ninui. :hug:

LK
Ladykat

Postby erinhue » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:00 am

In denial that I have to go to Physical Therapy today. I would love to deny that I am really ready to go back to work. I can keep the paperwork stuff going from home but I really am more of a people person and I cannot deny I miss the place. Hope the therapist and doctor do not deny me at least a partial return.

erinhue

Postby prmiller » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:46 pm

I vigourously deny that my absence from TORC is from any slight or unintended unacknowledgement
of a post...
Having come to Canada again...Wow!
Our life really changed!

Life is starting to settle...slowly.
At last there is time to visit, to play, and to post.
The autumn I know and love in Calgary.

prmiller
I am Parm: Servant of Eru, Bard of Imladris

Postby Ladykat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:33 pm

Denying that I'm back to working on Fridays again.

I really got used to those 3 day weekends.

LK
Ladykat

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:59 pm

Eari: :hug: How are you feeling now?

Sorry I was awol for a while...I let email pile up and then realize I'm missing stuff. When I worked full time, I actually had more time to clear out my email every day, or nearly so. Now that I'm technically unemployed I seem to have less time... ;)

My husband and I spent a few days in Chincoteague, VA. When I came back and went to the house of the elderly friend I help watch, he gave me a big hug...I think he missed me! :D

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby