Thread of Today VI

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Thread of Today VI

Postby Silwen » Sat May 11, 2013 5:23 am

Welcome to the Thread of Today VI! It's been going for a while, so let's keep it going for a bit longer.

Please start your post with the word "today", apart from that there are no rules. Have fun!

Today I am happy to be able to start this new thread (hoping nobody got the idea at exactly the same time :shock: ). I wonder who will be the second poster?
Silwen
Ringbearer

Re: Thread of Today VI

Postby siddharth » Sat May 11, 2013 6:08 am

SHOTGUN!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That will be me. :D

Today, I started the postin' in the new Thread of Today v.6.0. :P
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sat May 11, 2013 6:40 am

Yay! Welcome tot he new thread, sidd. :D

Today i had a craving for pizza which already started yesterday, so we went and bought some earlier. Now I am very full, but it was also very tasty.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby portia » Sat May 11, 2013 8:26 am

Today, I was reminded that I have naturally curly hair. Where I live--the desert-It doesn't make a difference, but now that I am visiting in Maryland, my hair is full of "springs" and will not behave!
portia
Ringbearer

Postby siddharth » Sun May 12, 2013 4:29 am

Pizzas always make you fool don't they. ;) Slowin' down the brains. Junk food, meh! :P :D

Kidding of course!

Today I spent the whole morning looking for some files which I was so sure were at home. And then I get to know it's gotten in a friend's bag. :angry: Thief!??? :P :D
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun May 12, 2013 4:38 am

Today I am not full of pizza, but full of paella from the local artisan market. :P See, I have a rich and varied diet. :lol:

I went there with a new German friend and her visiting fiance. It was a nice market again with lots of pretty handmade products. If only I could buy them all! We talked about Torquay where my friends had been recently and where I am planning to go on holiday next month. I think we will have lots to do there and shouldn't get bored. I just hope the weather will be good.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun May 12, 2013 8:32 am

Today I am having a chippie for tea. Yummy!

New thread is looking good. Just needs a few decorations here and there.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun May 12, 2013 8:48 am

*places a box of tangled fairy lights in front of Tari*

You can get started, then. :D

Today I went to the Artisan Market nearby again with new friend and her fiance who came to visit. We had lots of things to look at and I bought some paella again from one of the stalls. It was very tasty as always. I also had a nice chat with one of the stall holders, a friend who also sells her products on Etsy, and she helped me find out my ring size. I always wondered what it was! One day I hope to buy one of her pretty rings.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Sun May 12, 2013 8:59 am

*Mutters darkly*. They had better be purple.

Today I have been reading His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman on my Kindle.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Sun May 12, 2013 9:07 am

They've got all the colours in the world. :D

Today I am watching the original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I shouldn't have eaten all my chocolate earlier! This would have been the perfect time for it instead.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby siddharth » Sun May 12, 2013 10:18 am

Need some champagne to celebrate this beginning, Silwen and tele? :D

Today, I came back from a wedding reception. The food was HORRIBLE!!! I mean really, it didn't have any specific taste at all! I could hardly finish one plate!
Seems like a bad day for me.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Sun May 12, 2013 10:56 am

Yay for champagne! Though I am more of a cocktail girl, so I migth have to mix it up with something. :D

Sid, too bad about the food at the wedding. I am going to a wedding this weekend as well and the journey back from there is looking like it will be terrible. Since it will be a Sunday, the trains don't run frequently at all and it looks like we need ot change trains 3 times. Well, once we need to actually take a bus for an hour part of the way. I am not happy! If we hadn't made most of the arrangements yet and I hadn't bought a whole outfit for the occasion, I wouldn't bother going (especially since I don't know the people personally).

Today I thought we wouldn't have need for dinner because we had paella at lunchtime, but we were so hungry that I made a stir fry after all. It was very tasty.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon May 13, 2013 2:05 am

Silwen, when I came from Oxford to Bath to visit you on a Sunday I had to do pretty much the same. Had to get three trains and a bus going but only two trains and a bus coming back. The stupid train broke down on the way there.

I'll have the non-alcoholic alternative, siddharth. I'm bad enough without alcohol.

Today I went to the doctors again. The new anti-inflammatory eventually made me throw up after all the nausea. So I got an antibiotic and then need to try the anti-inflammatory again after the antibiotics are finished to make certain it is that.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 am

Tari, at what time to you get home after coming to Bath? :Q

Today I am a bit annoyed/stressed/worried/restless because I still haven't heard about some important matter to do with my student loan repayments in Germany. I sent them all they need from me, but I never received any acknowledgement and have no idea what is going on. It's important! I contacted them again this morning in the hope of getting some sort of response.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon May 13, 2013 2:58 am

I arrived back to Oxford about 11 at night. ;) Your student loan company sound just as bad as the one over here.

Today the weather is weird. One minute the sun is shining and the next it is battering against the window and scaring the cat.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon May 13, 2013 3:05 am

telcontarian wrote:Today the weather is weird. One minute the sun is shining and the next it is battering against the window and scaring the cat.

I was just thinking the same. I have to go into town today and hope to catch one of the sunny spells then. Probably won't happen. :P

Today I may make a sale. :D Somebody is interested in buying one of my necklaces so I hope she decides to get it.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon May 13, 2013 3:24 am

Today I am backing up my computer. After the wee black screen of death scare last week, I've decided to back all my files up and create a system repair disc in case it happens again.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon May 13, 2013 5:27 am

Good idea, Tari. I can be quite bad with back ups and then I regret it. :roll:

Today I looked into a site that allows you to create and send newsletters to your customers. I haven't done that before, but it is interesting and I built a newsletter just for fun to see what it looks like. Still figuring out all the bits to make it work, so I have no idea when it will be ready, if at all!
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon May 13, 2013 5:31 am

Today I am job hunting. There's not much been posted since last week. :(
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon May 13, 2013 6:56 am

I know the feeling. There isn't much out there in the way of work (no change in the past 4 years, really!) and when you do find something there are hundreds over other applicants. Ah well. I recently applied for a marketing job just to see what happens.

Today I exchanged my winter duvet for the lighter summer one. It was getting a bit too warm so I think I made the right decision. Mind you, tomorrow the temperatures are meant to go back down to single figures! Only for a day though if the forecast can be trusted.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 am

I think that is our summer over before it even begun... One day of pure heat and sunshine. All hail Britain.

I think you just need to keep persevering and have some luck on your hands... Or better yet a winning lottery ticket.

Today I am watching DIsney's Sleeping Beauty
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon May 13, 2013 7:23 am

Today I am starting to actually feel cold again. I don't like it! I have summer dresses that need wearing! At least the sun is out again for a little bit. I hear it is meant to snow in the hills of Scotland tomorrow though.

Drat, just realised I have washing to hang up... >-O
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Mon May 13, 2013 9:09 am

Thank goodness I'm nowhere near the hills. ;)

Today I refilled the ink cartridges for my printer. It was messy.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby Silwen » Mon May 13, 2013 9:20 am

:rofl: I was just imagining it.

Today I am trying out something new for dinner. A friend of mine brought me a bit of sambal oelek her chef boyfriend made so I am marinating some chicken in it. No idea what to expect! It may be so hot it blows my head off. I still have to decide if I want couscous or rice with it. For ease of preparation I am leaning towards couscous right now. i am lazy like that. :P
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby siddharth » Tue May 14, 2013 2:34 am

Hey, the champagne was just a virtual one to celebrate the re-start. Y'know, no side-effects and no nausea. ;) I myself haven't tasted anykind of alcohol b'fore. :D

Today, I finally ordered TH:AUJ and Life of Pi DVDs. They should be here by my birthday. :D
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Tue May 14, 2013 2:53 am

I liked LIfe of Pi too, but haven't got the DVD yet. I enjoyed the book too.

Today the whole day is meant to be grey and rainy - it is definitely grey, but there hasn't been any rain yet at all. Well, I guess it is still early. i got up so early that I have lost track of time. It feels much later than it really is. ... Hah, NOW it is raining!

Such days are just depressing. Yesterday I was already thinking I should perhaps meet up with a friend to prevent from feeling down because of the greyness, but no one has time in the week, of course.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby telcontarian » Tue May 14, 2013 10:31 am

I downloaded it off the Internet... :whistle:

Today the weather is nice. It's been raining on and off but the sun is out now and it's quite hot.
telcontarian
Mariner

Postby siddharth » Wed May 15, 2013 2:11 am

He tele and Silwen. I haven't seen LoP yet so I'm curious to know, does it really deserve the oscars it won the this year? Especially for Ang Lee?

From today and onwards the results of my exams could be declared on any day within this month. Really anshush for'em. :!:
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Silwen » Wed May 15, 2013 4:08 am

Sid, I don't know. I am biased because I like the book. It is probably a rather boring film if you aren't familiar with the book, I imagine, but some of th eimages are stunning.

Today I slept in until almost noon. :Q I didn't even know I was that tired! I better get started with the day then.
Silwen
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Wed May 15, 2013 11:13 am

Today is my first day back at work this week. I was (and still am, sort of) sick over the weekend, so I took a couple of extra days to see if it would help me get better faster.

Maybe it helped, but honestly? I would have like to take the entire week off.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Next

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby