HHEEELLLLOOOOOOO the home alone thread.

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

HHEEELLLLOOOOOOO the home alone thread.

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:15 am

Back to a new home again for us HOME aloners!!! 2006 was the first one...we must be having fun.

The original thread was started when I was the only person online on TORC and it felt like I was the kid in "Home Alone", everyone had left off on vacation and I was there to do my best or worst on my own. (just so folks know, back in 2006, it was unusual to be the only person on TORC at any given time)

From that time it has changed into a sort of welcome thread and a place for all the friends to check in and give an update on where we are and what we are doing daily or just from time to time.

Like the last incarnation of the HELLLLLLOOOOO....

I am again going to change things up on this new thread. I have been doing shout outs for years now and I love remembering all the people who have visited the thread. It has grown quite large and many have never replied from the first post here.

So I am going to remember you all in this first post and from that time forward, SHOUT OUTS will go to posters who are currently posting, adding in new posters as they return.

I hope that made sense. And in no particular order:

SHOUT OUTS: TELTA ,Scribbles, Vanadarlin', basilllllly, Tooks, Calma, Iris, CR, Imi, Frelga Lady, portia, DUBSIES, RUNZIES, TYGGIES, Rosie lass, eliana, Tarina, Rowan, heliona, kaya, Jae, Lin, Sil, Luthy, SuperNova, P darlin' J, Parm, Guru, oldtoby, Lewie, hamlet, Bilbo25, Efffff Teeeee, Erinhue, sabbwong, Ashke Verasca, Edmond, LadyKat, Melwa, misabella, MiddleGirth, Izzy, Sable, Siddie, BagginsGirl, Kaya, Crystal Seed and Lanastus.

vison Alex

I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but this gets crazy huge to do everyday (I don't mind, but I have to have a starting place when we begin a new thread.) :D I hope that all the folks who have visited over the past seven years will all come back and post again.

As ever....my usual sign off...

:hihi: Hello

and

:hihi: Bye for now

:grouphug:

*sits with popcorn and waits to see who will get shotgun*
Last edited by rwhen on Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Time out of Mind, forever bound to my Knight Ayslhyn

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever :hug:
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Re: HHEEELLLLOOOOOOO the home alone thread.

Postby Calma » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:32 am

SHOTGUN!!

Good morning, girlie! :hihi:
Nice digs. :D

I see you weren't blown away this weekend.
We're still floating up here.
With the promise of more today and tomorrow.

Have a good one.
Later

Celebrating the return of TORC!
There's a party in the TVM!!! :D

Join the funWith The TVM

CAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!

WINS: 51 :D

LOSSES: 52 :P

SOUNDERS!!!

Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby hamlet » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:41 am

New House, new thread.

Sorta.

Spent all day Saturday celebrating my mother's birthday at the craft fair. Found lots of cool stuff there, though only purchased a new wallet for myself and some gourmet oils and vinegar as well. The rest of it was everybody else in the family who could better afford it. Even my limited purchases were stretching the budget to say the least.

Another Monday to start another week in the office. Oh joy. Just hope I get home in time tonight to mow the lawn before it gets dark. It's looking disreputable and it'll be impossible to rake leaves on it if I don't mow it now. At least it's autumn finally.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 am

Calma, we are managing to stand firm. Not so with everyone. Many people in OR are without power this morning and the phone has been ringing off the hook with downed phone systems. Typical after this sort of huge storm. Still, like you said there is a few more days of it yet to come. A time for staying indoors!!! :D Glad you are okay and you got SHOTGUN!!!

hamlet, you restrained yourself well at the craft show. Specialty oils are great to have. Glad you aren't dealing with the weather crap that we are and that you make it home to get the yard work done. Good luck.

HELLLLOOOOOOO Monday!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Teltasarewen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:42 am

Wow rwhen there a lot of names in your shout out that I know and miss. Hopefully I am around and not join in their ranks at least not for a good long while now that I have finally made it back. :D Thank you for opening the new thread/house.

Sorry to hear about some nasty weather you and Calma are experiencing. Here we are having some warmer than usual days for fall. Which is fine cause the stuff that comes after I am not looking forward to. :roll:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:00 am

Teltasarewen wrote:Wow rwhen there a lot of names in your shout out that I know and miss. Hopefully I am around and not join in their ranks at least not for a good long while now that I have finally made it back. :D Thank you for opening the new thread/house.

Sorry to hear about some nasty weather you and Calma are experiencing. Here we are having some warmer than usual days for fall. Which is fine cause the stuff that comes after I am not looking forward to. :roll:

Oi, it was certainly not on purpose. My deepest apologies!! *****hugs*****

I have added you now. Thanks to Sid for pointing it out (I think he saw your post). :D

:hug:

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby hamlet » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:11 am

New Jersey bad weather super storms don't show up until just before Halloween. We haven't had Halloween in close to half a decade now, so we're expecting it soon.

Hope you're holding up well out there. I missed the fact that a big storm had blown through the area.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Teltasarewen » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:21 pm

No worries rwhen. :hug: There are a lot of us around. I would certainly not remember everyone myself.

Thank you Sidd for pointing it out. :D I didn't even realize I wasn't there until rwhen posted. :whistle:

Hamlet it usually snows here either on Halloween or before. But maybe just maybe we'll get through with good weather.
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:18 pm

I wondered why I wasn't getting messages from the thread. I forgot there was a new one, but I'm here now.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1320/1 ... 474091.jpg

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby earendil81 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Ok maybe I can start and follow the thread a little bit more faithfully... I tend to get lost in huge thread :P.

I hope you are all doing well... missing Europe already and I have only been back 3 days (not even really :P ). Fighting jet lag but that gave me a chance to leave work early :P :P... we'll see how the week goes.

:hihi: everyone
ImageNever forgetting those who have passed into the West :rose:

Sharing a story with Rholarowyn: Once There Were Words

Laesha is taking her first steps in the RP world with Eilathen and a bunch of great characters in The Expected Party
Fan of Redemption: the Reckoning

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good.

It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free
earendil81
In Love & Light

Postby BagginsGirl » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi everyone!

Ohh, new thread!!! Fun!

Rwhen, wow sounds like you had quite the storm! Glad your okay.

I hope your all doing great!

Best of luck! :hug:
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby Ladykat » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:14 pm

I went to post in the Home Alone thread earlier today, only to find it locked. :(

I was hoping rwhen would start a new one. And here it is!! :D :D

Good to be "home" again! I'll try to get here more often from now on.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby Melwa » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Oooh, shiney new thread! Must transfer over subscription before I have CR's problem. Just so you know, Rwhen, if you'd not started another HELLO, one of us probably would have. A thread of a different name would never collect all the same people. :)
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Melwa wrote:Just so you know, Rwhen, if you'd not started another HELLO, one of us probably would have. A thread of a different name would never collect all the same people. :)

In your dreams, Melwa.

Sorry for being away.
I thought I posted about it here. Apparently not.
I'll go with the shorter version. I had a road accident.
Thankfully all bones and parts seem to be safe and sound. But my right arm was hit full on, as a result it has swelled up to a huge size and there's much pain. This was 4 days ago. And it's just the way it was. I don't think I would be posting much till the situation improves. Atleast, not big long posts.

(which also explains the tiff, rwhen. But I won't go into that)

I do hope everyone else is fine.

Gracias.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby Cock-Robin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that, Sid. I hope you're all right, or recover soon.

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby siddharth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Cock-Robin wrote:I'm so sorry to hear that, Sid. I hope you're all right, or recover soon.

Thank you, CR. Your concern is well appreciated, my friend.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:32 am

Sid: :hug:

everyone: :hihi:

Meant to come on here yesterday and found myself instead writing a huge article. Our editor emeritus died over the weekend and while the obituary was printed yesterday, the publishers (rightly) felt a tribute article was needed, and I was the one chosen. Stress!!!! :) But it's done now and down in the shop, so there's nothing to do but wait...

Also, I have the opportunity to travel to Europe in 2015. I have to decide by the end of this month for the discount. :?

Rwhen: how is the weather? :hug:

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby rwhen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:20 am

HHHEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!

*parks umbrella at the door* We are on the way out of the bad weather we have been having on this end of the planet. Today and part of tomorrow. But I did see some hopeful sun yesterday, looked very good. Much to catch up on, best get at it. Remember that I reply in order to the last person to post after I made my last post the previous day. So....

Calma. We are almost there. I was thinking we would be building an Ark for a bit there. Still people without power around this area, mostly in the Multnomah parts AND get this....there is a fair amount of snow up on Mt. Hood. Enough that they are requiring chains already. :shock: and were able to make a snowman. :shock:

hamlet, were you able to make it home and get some yard work accomplished? Good, you can come here and do our lawn next. All this rain has turned everything back green again, but the lawns are now out of control. ;)

Telta. Thank you for your graciousness. I do try to remember everyone in the SHOUT OUT, it will be much shorter now until the thread has been up again for a bit. Hope that all is well with you otherwise???

CR. Very happy you found your way back home again. Wouldn't do to have our very most famous grand eagle missing from action. :D

eari!!! :hug: Remember that no one has to call out people posting here. Just come on by ... give us a bit of an update and that is good. :D "Back" from Europe??? Well preciousssss, I think there is a story there. ;)

BagginsGirl, all well on this end. How about you? Are you feeling better now? Here is hoping that YOU are much better too and not in pain any longer.

Ladykat, glad to be of service. *bows* How is the ankle? And the search for the new apartment? Those kitteh's are going to need a new home. :D AND we are starting to come into the autumn....won't be long before, well you know. ;) Good luck.

Melwa. Happy to see you as well. Indeed, no one would have started a new HELLO. However, all posters are free at any time to start their own original threads. And if you or anyone of our friends started a new thread? I would certainly do my best to visit. :)

Siddie. Namaste. :hug: So sorry that you hurt (or got hurt) your arm. What in the blazes happened? Were you hit by a vehicle? Happy there are no broken bones at the very least. You rest up and get yourself much better so you can find happy again. *nods* We won't be going anywhere. Alvida.

Iris. That is a bold undertaking that your were assigned. I am sure that you did her/him proud and the family as well. AND LISTEN TO ME!!!!! If you have a chance to go to Europe, don't even think about it - jump on it. Great opportunities don't fall on us every day. It is something to regret, so DO IT. :D I know for sure, that you will have the best of time, no matter where in Europe you would be landing.

Scribbles, basssilllllly and Vanadarlin'. I am cheating a bit, to write, but it is SO standard for the years since the thread started, it is sort of hard to stop now. ;) So come and "leave your mark" on the new thread. :P :D

SHOUT OUTS: Well there are none. Tomorrow will be the first official start of the shout outs. So....

:hihi:

and

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Cock-Robin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:27 am

Time for me to say hello and goodbye, as I have to go to work. Five long days. But I'm ready for MOME. Let's get started!

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby hamlet » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 am

No yardwork yesterday. Spent two hours in traffic and didn't get home till after dark, so no lanwmowing for me. Tonight maybe.

Europe? Wow. I want to go back, see more of Brittain, see the continent (with appropriate translator on hand to help me avoid making too big a fool of myself I hope), but that's not gonna be one of those things I can afford to do, especially with job being on the tipping point at the moment. Might be able to afford a trip out to the Midwest again for a few days, or even go some place new. I've always wanted to go to the Stanley Hotel for a while, but never had anybody to go with. Might be that's changing . . .
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Vanaladiel » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:32 am

Hello the house I finally made it back. :grouphug: Nice new digs too!!
Image Spring come quickly!!
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby Teltasarewen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Vana!! Good to see you. :hug: Hope you are well.

Rwhen I am doing just fine thanks. Cross stitching my little heart out planning several plays, ballets operas with my daughter over the next several months and besides all that just generally having a nice quiet time. :D

Sidd I hope you are recovering and taking it as easy as possible. :hug:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby Melwa » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Shalom, all!

I'd suggest jump on the Europe discount. If problems arise in the years between, you can always cancel.

Road accident!?!? I'm glad you weren't more seriously damaged. :hug:
Melwa
Ranger of the North

Postby siddharth » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:58 pm

Thank you all. :D

Rwhen. 'twas a motorbike accident. I was walking down the roadside. A biker was quite far actually, took a very sudden swerve. I guess he didn't see me, but he hit me. I managed to duck a little to the left. Hence the hand got hurt instead of the body. Didja see my post in MOME? Take care, you. :hug:

Iris. You must never dawdle on whether or not to go to Europe. Take it! :D

:grouphug:
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:09 am

HHHEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!!

Hump day and glad of it. Very chilly here this morning, but no rain - yet. After today THREE whole days of sun!!!! Sweet. Didja catch the new Hobbit trailer? December is closer and closer now. Also I am looking for the next Hunger Games to come out. THEN....March, Game of Thrones. This of course is all besides the holidays that are going to be looming upon us. There might be some good news on the new job front.....stirrings are happening. More on that later.

For now....

CR. MoME waits for no one...well except a week of course. :D Have a good time there and good luck!! Hang in at work. Four long days ta go.

hamlet. I too want to go back to Europe in a huge way. I have had the pleasure three times and every single time was experiences that are never to be forgotten. The food, the people, the scenery. This time, Italy (Tuscany) and London. Maybe next year if all falls into place right. Am I right in reading that there might be a lady friend on the horizon????? Do tell.

Vanadarlin'. 143 :hug: :heart: :yippie: I am so happy you made it back to the HELLO. I know your days are full of work and more. WOLFFFFF. ;) Hang in there and see you at the latest tomorrow.

Telta, ooooooh. Getting to see hang with the daughter for fun outings. Sounds like a good time to me. What is your next croxx xtitch project that you are working on? I had planned to make some afgans for Christmas prezzies, but it is getting too late now. Maybe the grand niece only. :D

Melwa. Shalom!!! How is the Melwa today? Any new haunts to hang at? Any dancing going on? I too would jump like a flea on a trip to Europe. *sigh* :D

Siddie. Namaste. :hug: Goodness. The important thing is that you are okay and not seriously hurt. I will take a look at MoME fer ya. I haven't even checked it out yet this year. You take it easy and rest up that bruised and beaten body for a bit. Alvida.

Scribbles???? basilllly???? Where art thou????

SHOUT OUT: Calma, eari, BagginsGirl, Ladykat and Iris. (not to worry this will grow as the thread gets visits again)

and

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby Calma » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:35 am

*a camel walks in....*
Guess what day it is?!

Hey people of the HELLO thread.
If you have no time to be a part of MoME,
You can still be a part of MoME by being an extra.
Drop a line or two in the main thread
Or let the contestants know how they're doing in the OOC!
We have some noobies going this year and they're rather good at it.
Don't miss out on the fun.

Have a good one
Later....

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby siddharth » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:40 am

Bruised? Yes. Beaten? Never. 8)
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby hamlet » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:05 am

siddharth wrote:Bruised? Yes. Beaten? Never. 8)

Hear hear!

Rwhen: It's not quite so significant, yet. Just somebody I'm talking with and enjoying doing so. Still in the vaguaries of internet acquaintences and all that, but geographically literally right around the corner from me and we really are starting to click a bit. I'm cautiously optimisitc, really.

Calma: *Hamlet shoots the camel with an elephant gun* :angry: Hate that commercial. :P :wink:
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:23 am

hamlet: Go ahead. I understand your loathing of it.
I have many, many, commercials that I could easily use an elephant gun on.

Join the funWith The TVM

SOUNDERS!!!

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby rowanberry » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:41 am

HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!

Finally, I got a chance to check these new digs. 8)

Life's just as crazy as usual. But now, I'm over the hump of this week. Only two early mornings before the weekend...

Sidd, hope your arm gets better soon. :hug:

Iris, if you get an opportunity to travel, go ahead and grab it!
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Next

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby