MODERATORS - please close this thread.

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HHEEELLLLOOOOOOO the home alone thread.

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:41 am

HHEEELLLOOOOOOO the house. Hump day. Let's get through this and then a few sleeps to the weekend!!
Hope that all are well.

hamlet. Asbury Park? Did I see they took a pounding yesterday evening? :( Not again. *sigh* Hang in there you will be plenty busy outside I suspect before the "W" starts for real.

Siddie. Thanks...it will take a while for things to improve, but I am doing my best. I hope last night you got some sleep. Alvida. :hug:

Scribbles....hump day

basillly...update please

Vanadarlin' See you soon. :hug: :heart: 143

SHOUT OUT: Sil, Iris, Tooks, Ladykat, CR, BagginsGirl, LIN!!, rowan, Telta, Calma, Frelga Lady, eari, oldtoby and Melwa.

vison Alex

:hihi:

and

Love is as big or as little as a hug!!

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

I will always treasure and remember your appreciation. Thank you. -2007 WCA's
Overwhelmed by your support and appreciation. Thank you. - 2008 WCA's

The Expected Party!! is now on the road to Gondor to celebrate. Join us.

And getting into trouble with Rally The Eldar.

Yes Ayslhyn, I do still remember.

Vanadarlin', my SSOTH - 143 forever
rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby rowanberry » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:36 am

HHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I'm around, but not posting much today. This bloody computer decided to stop answering to mouse commands for some reason (it has done that a couple of times before), and it's a real pain to navigate with the tab button... :angry: So, I'll just say a quick "hello" and get back here when the computer and mouse co-operate again.
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby Ladykat » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:15 pm

scolds rowan's mouse

Bad mouse! :nono: Behave or I'll sic my cats on you!

It's cold, it's raining, we have frost and snow advisories... :shock: I think I'll go hibernate. :P I wish I could. I don't seem to be getting much sleep lately either. Like Sid, I'm sleepy during the day, but when I go to bed I can't fall asleep.

So glad this work week is almost over. My one co-worker is really beginning to annoy me. I want sooooooooooo much just to walk out of there one day and never go back.

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby hamlet » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:10 am

Last day in the office. Managed to clock about 60 hours so far. Stupid extra work.

Weather this morning was actually quite chilly. Heavy frost on the car windshield. Never seems to accumulate anywhere but there for maximum inconvenience. This means that I'll have to dig out the ice scraper over the weekend and leave it in the car from now on I guess.

Saturday I get to go to yet another craft fair. It's going to be interesting because I have to find a specific vendor who I hope that I can get to make a necklace out of a specific stone for my loving baby sister. I've been hunting for this person for several days now.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:54 am

HHEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!

One sleep to Friday. Very chilly and foggy this morning and again, it will burn off to clear blue skies this afternoon. Only change is that by Sunday the day temps, while still sunny, will only get in the 50's vs 70's. and the lows will be in the 20's vs 30's. So a change is a comin' Hope everyone is well. I am struggling on this end, but such is life.

rowan, hope the mouse issues get worked out. That is a pain.

Ladykat, I think maybe hibernation should seriously be checked in to. ;) Sleep is just hard I think with the change of seasons. We have a weekend a'comin'. Hang in.

hamlet, maybe this vendor will be able to make little sis's necklace for you. Frost is something that I actually can say that I hate. Scraping every single morning. It is that time. When I move I am going to get a covered parking spot for sure, even if I have to pay extra. Hang in.

Scribbles...one sleep.

basillly, thanks for the update.

Vanadarlin', see you later. 143 :hug:

SHOUT OUT: Siddie, Sil, Iris, Tooks, CR, BagginswGirl, LIN!!, Telta, Calma, Frelga Lady, eari, oldtoby and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

vison! Alex!Rowanberry!oldtoby!Cock Robin(CR)!Prim!Calma! I will never ever forget you.

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:30 am

Vana: In answer to your question, Rob has a lot of symptoms and it's been a matter of figuring out what is what...not everything is for the same thing. So, the fibromyalgia has been diagnosed, but he has this problem with numbness and pain in his hands and feet. They've diagnosed peripheral neropathy, and are now trying to determine the cause. However, sometimes the cause remains a mystery. Eventually it can kill him, but it can also be medicated. He also has other pain and weakness, but the doctors are trying a divide and conquer approach...tackle one thing at a time.

And yes to everyone...the family just didn't give a crap about our friend until she and her sister died. It is specifically the children of their brother, probably encouraged by a cousin. They had no time for the sisters when they were alive, but at both funerals it was "Oh, we're so sorry, we're going to miss them so much" blah, blah, blah. At the first funeral (sister #1) I wanted to get up after a couple of the girls spoke and say, "Now that the lying part is over..." But I'm a good girl. :roll:

I think it's going to be OK though...

anyhow, cold weather has arrived, with flurries. :)

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby Vanaladiel » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:43 pm

I am sorry to hear that Rob is in such pain and discomfort Iris. I will continue to pray for him. I do hope they think to test him for Lupus as well. It is a weird illness that mimics a lot of other illnesses and makes it difficult to diagnose but men do get it as well. And with Fibromialgia I would not be surprised if he did. :hug:

rwhen darling I am enjoying our chats on my days off. I love being here for you. <3 :hug:

Not much going on in my life at the moment and that is mighty fine with me. Nothing to report or complain about. :D
~*Sister of the Twilight*~
~*Daughter of the Moon*~

Inyë melmëlyë my love, for you are the melody to which I now dance!!

Bearer of "Elen~Uial"
The Moon Ring of the Twilight Star

Bard of the land of Eryn Lasgalen

Mithril Knight of Lore
Mithril Knight of Eryn Lasgalen

Lifetime Award 2010

We mourn the loss of Borin who passed away in March 2020 I believe
Calma she passed away on 07/05/19 ! RIP dear lady! :rose:
Primula Baggins passed away on 02/27/19
Cockrobin has passed away on 02/18/2019 Rest in the arms of Jesus my friend!
oldtoby we will always remember you and your wit and smile! Love you my friend! RIP 1/20/18

Always in our memories, vison :rose:, Alex :rose:, Rowanberry :rose: and Watcher :rose:! Our world is a little dimmer without your smiles!

A tribute to Cynthia 11/14/2005 :rose:

For my beloved mother who has joined my daddy with Jesus. :rose: 1/11/20 For my dad who now resides with the Lord! :rose: 05/11/16 I love you mom and daddy and will see you again someday in Glory!

TORC 365 project
Vanaladiel
~*MoonLight Dancer*~

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:51 am

I think they did test him for Lupus early on. And rheumatoid arthritis as well. He has arthritis in his back and other places. I think a lot of it is, he didn't take care of himself when he was younger, and now he's paying for it.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:53 am

HHEEELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!!

Easy today. *happy Friday jigs* Have a great weekend all.

Iris. Still sounds pretty messy around your life. Good luck with the family issues and many best wishes for Rob.

Vanadarlin' and I for you. :hug: 143 :heart:

Scribbles...happy Friday.

basillly... :hug:

SHOUT OUT: rowan, hamlet, Ladykat, Sid, Sil, Tooks, CR, BagginsGirl, LIN, Telta, Calma, Frelga Lady, eari, oldtoby and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:19 am

Haaaaaaaaappy Friday, the house! I'm headed to a conference this afternoon with my mom and grandma, and I am going to leave the laptop behind. Technology-free weekend, whoooo!

In RL news, the dissertation is actually coming along! I haven't done a page a day, but I've come pretty close (I think I'm averaging 4/5 pages per week, which is still worlds better than the absolute nothing I wrote all summer!). I need to write my page-for-the-day before we leave. Today: old women who try to make themselves attractive by dousing themselves in perfume! Ah, smells.... :D
I also got my "candidacy book-buying money" and went out and bought....boots. For....job interviews. Yes, job interviews. :whistle: In my defense, my Amazon cart is full of books that I can now actually buy -- yay!

:hug: Iris. Still praying, and I will ask my prayer group to do the same.

Did I hear someone suggest hibernation? Sign me up!

:grouphug:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks, Sil! :hug

You got a pic of those boots? Hm?

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rowanberry » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:09 pm

HELLLLLOOOOO!!!!!

It's Friday, I'm taking it easy, and going to the sauna soon...

The mouse is still acting up, but now at least it works *knocks on wood*

Have a nice weekend, everybody! :)
Image I'm judging MoST again this year! Ready for the opening banquet...

MoME 2013 results are in!

The Sons of Fëanor re-embodied in the beginning of the Fourth Age? Yes, for The Maedhros and Tygarya Saga – and, as fire-hearted as ever!

On my way to Morannon on the Walk to Rivendell and Beyond!

Shire and Shutter - the TORC photoblog

Thoughts about dance, life, and everything
rowanberry
+++Out Of Cheese Error+++

Postby hamlet » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:16 am

Iris, you and Rob have my absolute best wishes.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Teltasarewen » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:54 am

Rwhen hope things are getting better. :hug: As for me not much going on here until the weekend when I will attend comic con with my munchkins.

Vana glad that things are running smoothly for you. :hug: Hope they continue to do so.

Have a good day everyone. :grouphug:
Teltasarewen
Ranger of the North

Postby rwhen » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 am

HHEELLLOOOOOOO the house!!

Interesting. Weekend was too fast, but the new week is here and it is chilly. Have a good day.

Hey Sil. very happy to read that you are getting right along with your dissertation, 5 pages a week is the same as one a day. People who wear too much perfume, a peeve of mine to be sure. Nice boots????

Iris...we are all still pulling for you and your family.

rowan. yay mouse is working.

hamlet...how was your weekend?

Telta, things are not better, but I am adjusting to them easier...does that make sense??? Enjoy the comicon!!!

Scribbles....a new one begins.

basillly :hug:

Vanadarlin' SSOTH...see you later :hug:

SHOUT OUT: Ladykat, Sid, Tooks, CR, BagginsGirl, LIN, Calma, Frelga lady, eari, oldtoby and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby hamlet » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:33 am

Chilly weather is good weather. It is, after all, almost November. Just as long as we don't have another hurricane/blizzard between now and Halloween, I'll be happy.

The weekend was interesting. I spent the entire time wrestling with my old desktop computer in an effort to save it. Installed Linux/Ubuntu on it and found out that the single most common problem people experience is the lack of any audio after the switch and the near six million various fixes for it at least one of which read "take linux off and re-install Windows." Managed to make it work in the end and am satisfied that I can squeeze a few more years out of the machine at least, and that I have my new laptop on hand to do the real heavy lifting in terms of computer use. Though it has Windows 8, and that in and of itself is an horrific story. Worst. Operating. System. Ever.

Saturday was another craft fair, which was kind of . . . up and down. On the up side, the vendors were great and their works were fabulous. I saw some fantastic things, including some practical hand made wooden tables and dining room sets that made me drool, but couldn't pry open my wallet for the $2000 price tag, plus, you know, no plce to actually put any of it. Lots of jewelry vendors on hand, though nobody to buy jewlery for. Lots of just nifty stuff to look at.

On the other hand, every fair has a character to it. The other two that I went to were great. Folks were polite and friendly and even helpful if you needed it. Here, folks were rude, intrusive, and downright unpleasant. I was near to physical violence in the end. Can't believe how terrible some of these people were even if it was as simple as them just being in the way virtually all the time. Got a minor bit of revenge, though. Towards the end of my time there, a family group was strolling along behind me and a young girl said to her mother "Mom, can we move over? There are people behind us trying to get by." The mother responds with a completely even voice, "I don't care about them." So, I did precisely what I felt was most poetic. I came to a complete halt in the middle of the aisle and, since I'm not a small person, stopped all traffic, and especially their group. The mother taps me on the arm and says "Excuse me, I'm trying to get by here." I turned around, looked her right in the eye, and said "I don't care about you." Smiled. And walked away.

Petty, sure. But satisfying.

Now, back to work. Lots of stuff to do and keep up with the chaos of a weekend move of about 50 people.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:59 am

hamlet.... :lmbo:

I would pay to have seen the look on her face.

Morning!
Finally the sun is out!
Only for three days as forcasted,
Buy the last week we have been under a fog bank.
Gray and dismal.
But that's October in the convergence zone
aka...The Puget Sound region.

Have a good one.

Later...
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:14 am

Hamlet, you evil person you. ;) :D

We're all doing okay here...Rob actually has felt pretty good the past couple of days, maybe the weather being nice. It's cool but sunny. I'll take it.

IrisBrandybuck

Postby rwhen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:09 am

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOO the house!!!

Tuesday version. Almost 20 out there this morning and it is all white....not for snow, for frost. Though the sun isn't up yet, I can see it glistening on everything. Have a good day all.

hamlet. Hilarious. Great story on the craft fair woman. What a thing to teach a kid. Any updates on the "person of interest" in your life? Indeed, fall has fallen.....usually it doesn't come in full until after Halloween, but this year it is early. Wheeeee. Time for the warmer clothing...which of course is all in storage for me. Brrrrrr.

Calma, we are going to also have sun (except for tomorrow) for a full week with very cold mornings. :D How are your kittehs hanging and the babyman? All well????

Iris, good to read that Rob is having better days. Maybe the news will be more interesting from the work end....corn mazes and the like. :D

Scribbles....hang in.

basilllly, good to read that misssy Eve is doing better.

Vanadarlin', SSOTH :hug: 143 Miss ya already.

SHOUT OUT: Sil, rowan, Telta, Ladykat, Sid, Tooks, BagginsGirl, LIN!!!, Frelga lady, eari, oldtoby and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby BagginsGirl » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Hey everyone!
I got pretty busy this weekend, and I missed posting here!! My baby sisters birthday was this weekend and my mom and I made her a pretty cool pirate cake I think. She really liked it so that's all that matters :) and I had a ton of fun doing it .I was helping move some furniture around in the living room today, and somehow I guess I moved just right ( or wrong) and hurt my back. So now I'm having trouble walking and bending over.....

Iris, I'm super glad to hear Rob's having good days! I hope he continues too and I'll send positive thoughts and prays your way!

Rwhen, 20 degrees? Brr.....sounds cold! And I was complaining about 34 degrees! I hope your doing good!

Hamlet, what you did was awesome! I wouldn't have had the guts, but that was golden!

I hope you're all doing great! Best of luck !
BagginsGirl
Rider of the Mark

Postby rwhen » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:49 am

HEELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO the house!

What day is it? Wednesday. Two sleeps. Again frost all over, very cold...but it will be clear again, moving towards rain tomorrow. So a bit warmer. :D hope everyone is well.

BagginsGirl, yes it has been cold here. Brrrrr. ARGGGGGGHHHHH Pirate Cakes are for me. Sweet glad the sister loved it. But sux that you hurt your back. Ouch. Take care of it and I am sure it will get better really fast, at the least I hope so.

Scribbles. Two sleeps

basillly .. xoieml.lspguw.s = Jerry

Vanadarlin'...see you tomorrow my SSOTH

SHOUT OUT: hamlet, Calma, Iris, Sil, CR, rowan, Telta, LadyKat, Sid, Tooks, LIN!!, Frelga Lady, eari, oldtoby and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby GwenElf » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:25 am

Happy Worldwide Cosplay Day, everyone! It is rainy and gross (but not cold, thank goodness!), but I am costumed anyway. :D I'm having lunch with my advisor later -- she has been forewarned and actually agreed to be seen in public with me anyway. I am Photo Finish today, so it's not a terribly outlandish costume. I suspect I'll be mistaken for Lady Gaga at least once. Going to a friend's neighborhood tonight to pass out candy. With the weather we're having, I suspect we may have quite a bit of it left over. Oh darn, whatever shall we do? ;)

:rofl: hamlet, perfect response!

Telta, have fun at the con! My friends are all going to an anime con this weekend, but I opted out this time -- too much driving to and fro.

:grouphug:
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby rwhen » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:43 am

One sleep. finally it is NOT so cold out there...we got rain last night. have a good day everyone. Happy Halloween.

Sil. happy Cosplay day to you as well. Enjoy the time out, I love your costume. :D Looking forward to the weekend and I suspect that we will have plenty of candy left as well. Shucky darns.

Scribbles...one sleep

basilllly...stay tight

Vanadarlin' see you later. SSOTH.

SHOUT OUT: BagginsGirl, hamlet, Calma, Iris, CR, rowan, Telta, LadyKat, Tooks, Sid, Lin, Frelga lady (enjoy time with Ro), eari, oldtoby and Melwa.

vison Alex

and

rwhen
Gettin' Older!!

Postby hamlet » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:53 am

Today is Halloween. It's the first time in about 4 years that we will have electricity for it.

I'm afraid to make too big of a deal out of it lest the fickle finger of fate should decide to knock me back into the dark again for a week.

But HURRAY!!!! I get to actually use electric lights tonight!
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:00 am

Nice costume, Sil. :D You've been a busy girl.

We're to have light rain today, and that's about it. Won't stop anyone who's dedicated, that's for sure.

I bought pumpkins the other day to carve and we've not had time. I'm still scooping out the innards for seeds, so maybe I'll carve a turkey on them or something. ;)

Anyone hear from Sidd recently? I sent him an email...

IrisBrandybuck

Postby GwenElf » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:23 am

I just heard from him on Facebook, so he's still up and running, at least!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby siddharth » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:37 am

I'm up Iris. I will try to get to your mail today. Sorry for the delay, had another test this week. (I bet you are getting tired of hearing that.)

Can't catch up, too much goin' on. Hope everyones alright.
siddharth
Ranger of the North

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:49 am

Gotcha. Don't fry your brain! ;)

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Calma » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:30 am

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:35 am

:twisted:

For Calma. :) :(
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby