MODERATORS - please close this thread.

Just as Tolkien and the Inklings used to meet at The Bird and the Baby, come in here to converse about whatever might be on your mind. This is the place for all off-topic conversation.

Re: HHEEELLLLOOOOOOO the home alone thread.

Postby Ladykat » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:53 pm

hamlet! That sounds terrible!!! :shock: :shock:

Poor Mrs. H. :rose:

Tell her I'll be sending some healing vibes her way too. I'm sure Vana wouldn't mind sharing. :hug:

LK
Ladykat
Between the Worlds of Men and Make Believe I Can be Found

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:23 am

Hamlet, do some research on Lyme disease...the Western Blot test often misses positive results. (hug) :hug:

Ah, another rwhen sighting! :D

I started "reading" the first Harry Potter book. Yes, I am WAY behind the times here. But I got the audiobook and I am thoroughly enjoying it. :) He just got his wand. I really like Hagrid.

That is all.

Some days are grumpier than others...

For Calma :rose:
For Cock-Robin :rose:
For Toby :rose:

May we never forget them. :rose:

Cats were once worshiped in Egypt. They have never forgotten this.

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck
I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Postby hamlet » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:23 am

Thank you LK and Iris. Yes, she's been tested for Lyme Disease as well, though negative results. I've asked her to ask them to redo the test, but they haven't yet. In at least one more way, I can't wait for the wedding because once she's on my insurance, her current doctors are not on the plan, so she'll have to go see a new crew who are not currently invested in the medly of diagnoses that are floating around and everybody's hung up on office politics of not stepping onto the turf of other doctors. Fresh eyes and all that.

On the plus side, she's not immediately terribly ill as far as anybody can say, so that's good.

And, plus, the selling of the old Hamlet homestead proceeds apace. Only a couple more hurdles to get over, one really big one and a couple little ones, and then it's done. Just have to find the right place for us to move into and all that. Never ends, right?

Vana, healing vibes heading your way.

Good feelings and well wishes for everybody, too.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:51 pm

HHHEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Just stopped in to do the IT'S FRIDAY!! happy dance. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Supposed to be really nice here this weekend. I have to take my mom shopping tomorrow, but maybe I'll have some time to drag the bike out or something.

It seems like forever since I last got to ride it.

LK
Ladykat

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:30 am

I need to get my bike out too.

Maybe I'll do that this afternoon. :)

So, in the past four days, three people I know have died.

So far this year we've had...well, I can't even count. *sigh*

Okay, otherwise, it was a lovely weekend, and in four more days it will be the weekend again. That's a good way of looking at it. :D

"They ask me what I'd like written about me when I'm gone. I hope they write I made Penn State a better place, not just that I was a good football coach." -- Joe Paterno
IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ladykat » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Still haven't managed to get a bike ride in.

Really it's been too wet. I think they said it was going to dry out Thursday (of course I'll be at work :roll: ) then back to 80% chance of rain for the weekend.

How nice. :x

LK
Ladykat

Postby hamlet » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:38 am

Mrs. H still ill, no clue as to why other than postulated resurgent asymptomatic asthma (i.e., the only symptom displayed is difficulty breathing and nothing else, which makes no sense).

Currently stressed by the fact that, despite the fact that the wedding is scheduled for October, the Deacon still has not and refuses to schedule the completion of the pre-wedding preparation, which is something that takes weeks to finish (i.e., ten minutes on his part, weeks on ours). At this rate, he's going to put it off to the point where we won't actually be able to complete the preparation and won't actually be able to get married. I don't generally say "hate" when I refer to people, but I'm beginning to hate this guy.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:23 pm

hamlet wrote:Currently stressed by the fact that, despite the fact that the wedding is scheduled for October, the Deacon still has not and refuses to schedule the completion of the pre-wedding preparation, which is something that takes weeks to finish (i.e., ten minutes on his part, weeks on ours). At this rate, he's going to put it off to the point where we won't actually be able to complete the preparation and won't actually be able to get married. I don't generally say "hate" when I refer to people, but I'm beginning to hate this guy.

What is wrong with some people? :roll:

:hug: to you and Mrs. H.

LK
Ladykat

Postby RiversDaughter » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:08 pm

Hello! or as I say to most of my good friends: Yello

I've not been popping in here enough to say hi, and you all are cool peeps. :) I've been neglecting--at my own loss.

Well it looks like this part time, temp gig just turned into a full time, permanent gig--at least full time for now until my contract with the temp service is up. Then it looks like a permanent job on out. It's good to have something steady again--I can't begin to explain how I've needed it--but it is taking getting used to with the schedule I've got to keep. Adjustments are happening, lol.

Hamlet, I really hope you and the future Mrs. are able to find out what's going on her health. (I also hope you're able to get that Deacon going. As a recovering Catholic: kick em in the arse for me. They can be a pain sometimes.)
RiversDaughter
Rider of the Mark

Location: wherever that place was with those people over there

Postby Ladykat » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Wow. No one gets back to the house much.

I guess we're all having too much fun lounging on the beaches, by the pools and in the exotic villas in the TVM.

Still, nice to come back sometimes.

RD--good to hear your temp job has become permanent...providing it's what you want. A steady income is always nice, not to mention necessary.

LK
Ladykat

Postby hamlet » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:44 am

Ladykat wrote:Wow. No one gets back to the house much.

I guess we're all having too much fun lounging on the beaches, by the pools and in the exotic villas in the TVM.

Still, nice to come back sometimes.

LK

Or, you know, going crazy with wedding preparations, house selling, house shopping, work, job interviews, and generally just going crazy. :P The men in the white coats are offering me a nice vacation, someplace quiet and restful . . .

RD - glad to hear, as well, that the job issue is working out for the better. Uncertainty is never fun.

In slightly positive news, future Mrs. Hamlet has been decreed to be "getting better" by the doctors. They now believe that she has some unknown, undetected virus combined with extreme stress from her job, a touch of resurgent asthma, and depression all mixed into a perfect cocktail of crud. While she is feeling a bit better, it's not fun when the doctors essentially shrug and say "we're not sure why, but go with it." Oh, and now they're telling her that if she does, in fact, go back to work where she was, it'd most likely kill her in a not too long time frame. Seems her co-workers were not pleased with her very existance and were rather abusive, and she concealed it thinking that it would make it even worse if she complained. So, we've all ganged up on her and she's now going to start looking for a better work environment.

In the meantime, we're house hunting (which is . . . interesting . . . astonishing what people will get away with saying "three bedrooms"), house selling (found some old mold in the attic, which is the magic word that conjures up demonds of hysteria and hugely expensive remediation bills, it's pretty much exactly the same as asbestos was 15 years ago), and trying to move up in the company (they've decided that the empty slot doesn't actually have to be filled because the remaining worker whose been doing 30 hours overtime a week to keep up can handle it all).

Plus the Deacon is still being a pain.

Interesting times. I must have cheesed off a Chinese grandma in a previous life.

But, all in all, things are going well.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:28 pm

hamlet wrote:So, we've all ganged up on her and she's now going to start looking for a better work environment.

GOOD! I hope she finds one!

Sounds like you've got a whole lot going on there. Glad to hear the future Mrs. Hamlet is feeling better.

I know what you mean about employers not wanting to fill empty slots. We've been shorthanded for a while now, and I'm having to put in extra hours on Fridays (and some Saturdays) just to keep up.

My apartment needs a really good top to bottom cleaning, but I'm usually so tired when I get home, I just want to sleep.

Ah well, the cats don't complain about the mess, so why should I? :)

LK
Ladykat

Postby hamlet » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:51 am

I'm lucky in that regard, at least. In order to sell the house, the cats have been boxed up and shipped off to my parents' house several towns over where they are now happily ensconced, not complaining that their entire set of toys has been removed and their territory is frequently invaded by strange people. It's even odds if they decide they want to give the darn things back.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Yeah, you are lucky. My guys don't like change. They'd be freaking out, hiding under the beds, or just climbing the walls in general.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Tookish_Traveler » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Holy smoley. I've been home alone here all day long.

sob

I'm so looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely.

What's in the fridge???

Question Mark (Polygonia interrogationis) :D

--------------------------------------
(for Calma) :(
---------------------------------
Tookish_Traveler
Herald of Manwe

Postby Ladykat » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Tooks---what do you mean you're "home alone?"

hamlet and I have been the only ones here for WEEKS1

I for one have been waiting for other people to come back.

Leftover pizza and taco fixins in the fridge, btw.

LK
Ladykat

Postby Cock-Robin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:49 pm

I'm here. And I wish Rwhen would come back, then it would be a party!

Happy New Year!

Meneldor, Warrior Bard, and Brondgast, Mithril Knights

Gwaeryn and Robin, The Expected Party

Meneldor, Alatar and Pallando, Darkness Reigns: The Resistance

Warrior Bard
Cock-Robin
Friend of Eagles

Postby Ninui » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:12 pm

"I thought I heard someone say taco fixins' in the fridge "

http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/530/media/images/t2/_542670_i0.jpg
Ninui
Mariner

Postby GwenElf » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:33 am

I heard leftover pizza!

That is, I heard someone say "leftover pizza." Unless those strange sounds coming from the fridge are the leftover pizza. :shock:

Happy 4th to all the USA'ns!
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:27 am

GwenElf wrote:That is, I heard someone say "leftover pizza." Unless those strange sounds coming from the fridge are the leftover pizza.

No, no that was me.

And you'd better hurry. Leftover pizza doesn't last long with me around. :D

GwenElf wrote:Happy 4th to all the USA'ns!

Thank you!!! :D :D

LK
Ladykat

Postby Ninui » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Ninui
Mariner

Postby Ladykat » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Hey CR good to see you. Welcome back! :D

Ninui, thanks for the ice cream! YUM!! :D :D

LK
Ladykat

Postby IrisBrandybuck » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:37 am

I just ordered pizza for everyone!

IrisBrandybuck

Postby Ladykat » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:44 am

WOO-HOO!!!!

YAY IRIS!!! :clap: :yippie:

Thank you! I was hoping for a good lunch. :D

stands by the door waiting to grab the pizza away from the delivery guy

LK
Ladykat

Postby hamlet » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:43 am

OK, first: 1 million points to CR for the sig pic of Data and Geordi as Holmes and Watson. Fantastic, and a great episode too!

Long weekend due to holiday, but still entirely too short. Thanks to a quirk legally and with the company, we already had Friday off last week. The company decided that was "good enough" for 4th of July, right up until HR said "no, legally, you still have to give folks a holiday day as well or they can sue the company for lots and lots of money," so we had Monday off as well. Spent the whole day yesterday thinking it was Sunday, but had a good day of it at least. About the only productive thing I did was to watch the latest episode of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.

Today, I made a little tiny step towards the wedding preparedness. I know it's not required, but I wanted to do both groomsmen gifts and a gift for the bride, but had so much trouble sorting it all out. Couldn't think of anything. Finally stumbled upon an Etsy shop where I found the perfect things. For the groomsmen, tie pins with D20's on them. They're pretty, cute, and they amuse me and Mrs. Hamlet greatly. It'll make the normals at the wedding ask questions when the three of us show up wearing them, but they're not garish or tacky, which is nice.

For her, and this is a secret between me and y'all so no tellin', I got a "marriage journal" kind of thing. Essentially, a nice blank book with "To My Bride on Our Wedding Day" on the front along with dates and such. In it, I will write the first page in which I tell her about why I love her, etc, and give it to her on the morning of. Then, I figure, every anniversarry after, we write a new page together, and keep it as long as we're together. A little . . . sappy maybe? But I think it'll be good. Now all I have to do is write out a page's worth that doesn't sound awful. That, and actually get married.
hamlet
Ringbearer

Postby Ladykat » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:12 am

Not sappy at all dude!

I think you nailed it. :thumbsup:

LK
Ladykat

Postby GwenElf » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:14 am

Ladykat wrote:Not sappy at all dude!

I think you nailed it. :thumbsup:

Agreed; I like it! And I also like D20 tie tacks. :thumbsup: I've just recently started playing Pathfinder and have yet to get myself a set of dice. Something to shop for at GenCon. :D

And yay for Monday off; gold stars for hamlet's company's HR team!

Also gold stars for Iris for getting us pizza! :clap: I'm sort of craving pizza in RL, so much so that I had a dream the other night that a friend and I dressed up as pizza slices for a con. :P It was a weird dream all around, actually.

Happy Wednesday!
Last edited by GwenElf on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby Calma » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:47 am

hamlet, she'll love that.
Love the d20's
I've been playing DnD for years.

grabs some left over pizza and flops in the beanbag chair......
"Shall we order a pay per view movie?
The RealMcCoy!!!

Join the fun InThe TVM

ImageCAT LOVERS GUILD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:yippie: MARINERS!!!!!
:D Wins: 2
:x Losses:

Fair winds and following seas.....Toby.

:rose: Toni...Dannie…Ray-Ray…William...Waneta...Damon...David...Guy… rowan... toby ... Cock Robin

Always looking for new posters for the TORC 365 PROJECT

Image Rock On!
Calma
Crazy Cat Lady

Location: Up the road, across the street, down the lane, and around the bend

Postby GwenElf » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:48 am

Calma wrote:grabs some left over pizza and flops in the beanbag chair......
"Shall we order a pay per view movie?

Something Sherlocky, perhaps? :D *Grabs a beanbag chair as well*
GwenElf
Ringbearer

Postby hamlet » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Just started gaming and gets to go to Gencon? Very jealous. Been dreaming of going there some day.

Thanks folks!
hamlet
Ringbearer

PreviousNext

Return to Talk: The Bird and the Baby